Stargate Props and Costumes

Welcome to the Internet's largest community dedicated to the props and costumes of Stargate.

You can introduce yourself here to our other members. Feel free to say as little or as much about yourself as you would like!
By SG Merc
Well I guess that I should probably introduce myself too seeing as I kinda made this forum asking everybody else to do the same!

Most of you have probably figured out by now that I'm the evil genius behind this website (maybe not the evil part, or the genius -- wait, definitely the genius part!). I had a desire to make a website for a very long time where SG fans could find free and open information on how to get into the prop/costumes hobby. Somewhere along the way it seemed like a pretty good idea to add these forums as well.

Anyway ...

I've been into props and costuming for a few years now. Still learning, but see that as a good thing. I use clay to sculpt most of my prop work, and then use the wonderful world of Disney ... I mean "molding and casting" ... to reproduce the work. I have a tendency to leave things unfinished for excessively long periods of time, but I'm getting better.

I've got a complete OD offworld uniform, a partial desert one, partial black ops (ok, that one doubles for work), and a SGC jumpsuit. There's a few props in my collection (most I've made, or purchased from other builders).

Instead of going on and on (and on, and on ...) about myself, I'll just say that I hope to get to know all of you better, and share more about myself too as the forums grow and we all go sg-proppin' together.

Enjoy, and goodwill towards my fellow Stargate prop people!
By Stitch
If you need any help completing your costumes let me know! I can tell you where to get pretty much anything and at the best price!

I too am finishing a desert costume and a buddy just had me bid on Daniel's desert from PROPWORX for him and I can tell you anything you need to know about that one!

Let me know where you might be lacking and I can point you in the right direction! If I do not have the answer I know who will!
By SG Merc
Outstanding. I am happy to see you on the site.

I am hoping to get started on some costume guides once I finish the site upgrade/redesign, so I will probably bug you quite a bit for info on some of the costumes once I get started.
By Stitch
No buggin at all.

Last year I had the opportunity to work on Green Lantern so I am very excited for the June 17th release of that and my 5 seconds of fame! If you keep your eyes pealed during the fighter jet (VCAV) control room scene you should see me. I was also a Prop and Costume Consultant on the film for 6 month and learned a lot from the PROS!

I love doing this stuff and love helping other do it right if they are into the details...

The Vineland Public Library is looking for Stargat[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

Completely redesigned the palm crystal and frame. […]