Stargate Props and Costumes

Welcome to the Internet's largest community dedicated to the props and costumes of Stargate.

You can introduce yourself here to our other members. Feel free to say as little or as much about yourself as you would like!
By Cleve
Cleve here, Stargate fan since the movie but new to costuming and propping. (In the SG 'verse, anyway...) Looking forward to all the info I can glom onto, and I hope it's not too late to get a conversion kit for my coming Well D90F. I have a Blackhawk med/util vest coming and various other stuff.
Some of my other hobby impressions are: Various cowboys with real BP firearms, (Used to take part in gunfights in Tombstone AZ.) Indian Wars US Cav Sgt Major, and I'm working on a L.A.Rams Merlin Olsen uniform. (I'm waiting to see if there will even BE a NFL in the near future.) Oops, the last chevron has locked, time to go. See you in the 'Verse!
By Cleve
Actually, I DO have a question: Did the actors wear actual PASGT helmets or did they wear M88s?
I own both, and there is a VAST difference in weight. I can't see actors schlepping real kevlar just for a TV show.
Thanx
Cleve
By SG Merc
Cleve wrote:Actually, I DO have a question: Did the actors wear actual PASGT helmets or did they wear M88s?
I own both, and there is a VAST difference in weight. I can't see actors schlepping real kevlar just for a TV show.
Thanx
Cleve
Are you talking about the British M88?

I suspect that if they were not real military issue Kevlar helmets then they would most likely have been the ABS replicas made for airsoft. Although I don't know if those were even available back in '96/'97 when SG1 started filming (they were available for sure in the early 2000's).

The PropWorx catalog might have some information...
By Cleve
I'm talking Airsoft M88s. My real kevlar is set up for riot situations. It wouldn't do for fun stuff. It's heavier than my M1 pot.

The Vineland Public Library is looking for Stargat[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

Completely redesigned the palm crystal and frame. […]