Stargate Props and Costumes

Welcome to the Internet's largest community dedicated to the props and costumes of Stargate.

You can introduce yourself here to our other members. Feel free to say as little or as much about yourself as you would like!
By misaffection
Old Stargate fan new to SG1 Props, my name is Misa and I'm in the UK. I love all three series of Stargate, though I'm an SG1 girl through and through. I don't own (and haven't made) any props to date, though I'd love to make a ribbon device. Or steal Baal's coat from Abyss. :twisted:
By SG Merc
Welcome, Misa! Do I detect a Cliff Simon fan? 8)

A simple ribbon device can be made from almost any material. My early prototypes were actually papercrafts, and were quite practical to wear. I eventually moved to other types of materials so that I could make replicas for other fans, but if I was making a one-off I wouldn't hesitate to use simple materials. You should have a go at it! If you need help at any stage just ask here on the site.
By misaffection
SG Merc wrote:Welcome, Misa! Do I detect a Cliff Simon fan? 8)
Oh, yes indeed. :mrgreen:
A simple ribbon device can be made from almost any material. My early prototypes were actually papercrafts, and were quite practical to wear. I eventually moved to other types of materials so that I could make replicas for other fans, but if I was making a one-off I wouldn't hesitate to use simple materials. You should have a go at it! If you need help at any stage just ask here on the site.
I've half a mind to crochet one, because I've the materials to hand and because I'm crazy. But I would love a metal one.
By SG Merc
misaffection wrote:
SG Merc wrote:Welcome, Misa! Do I detect a Cliff Simon fan? 8)
I've half a mind to crochet one, because I've the materials to hand and because I'm crazy. But I would love a metal one.
Cliff's was metal, but I would love to see a crochet one. That would be novel!

You should go for it! If you've got the skills then put them to use 8)

How do you think you would get it stiff enough to hold it's shape on your arm? Maybe you could make a simple armature from a high gauge crafting wire. Mine are made from thermoformed plastic, which you could also do if you can get your hands on a plastic strip and a heat gun.

The Vineland Public Library is looking for Stargat[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

Completely redesigned the palm crystal and frame. […]