Stargate Props and Costumes

Welcome to the Internet's largest community dedicated to the props and costumes of Stargate.

You can introduce yourself here to our other members. Feel free to say as little or as much about yourself as you would like!
By Naasad Tal
Hey all...name is Chris, from Mesa, AZ.

Been doing costuming since Nov 2006. Got my start in Predator costuming/props, but there wasn't enough going on & I lost interest pretty quick.

Back in 2008/2009, a friend I had made in the Predator community directed me to the Star Wars costuming groups & I started working on a Custom Mandalorian. In 2010, I got official with the Mandalorian Mercs & started trooping with them & soon became an officer with the club. In December of 2010, I ordered & recieved a set of Star Wars Republic Commando armor & began putting it together. Fast forward to a couple weeks ago: my Republic Commando is complete (after alot of internal debate & additional work not originally planned) & I am now an official member with both the 501st & Rebel Legion.

The Star Wars groups will always be my home, but I (like most of my friends) am not a one trick pony & my geek ranges all over the various genres. I have several costumes on my "to do list" & they include a couple more Star Wars kits, anime & video game kits & various movie costumes. My current project is an Umbrella Corp Sergeant...

...this is also where my foray into the Stargate Universe comes in. Since I started on my costuming journey, I knew that I would eventually do a Stargate costume (always LOVED the movie & a HUGE SG-1 fan) & a couple years ago during a goodwill run, I scored a tactical vest & I knew my SG kit was on it's way.

Wow, I guess I rambled on a bit didn't I? Hope you won't hold that against me. I look forward to getting active with the group & hopefully getting a decent sized SG team here in the Dune Sea.

Thanx for taking the time to read my "bio"

Chris
Last edited by Naasad Tal on Mon May 19, 2014 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
By SG Merc
Hi Chris, welcome to SG1Props!

I actually picked up some screen accurate SG-1 vests from Goodwill myself (2 brand new medic vests still with the original tags), so I agree with you that it's a good place to look for costume accessories. Heck it might even be more fun than ordering from the usual places.

If you're up to up, share some pictures of what you've done so far on your costume.
By Naasad Tal
Thanx for the welcom SG Merc, I haven't put everything on to get a pic yet, but perhaps it's time...

I have my BDUs on their way (woulda had them sooner but there was a bit of a SNAFU with the sizes I originally ordered) & they should be here Thursday. They are the last parts I'm waiting on. I have my Vest w/ thigh rig, boots & patches. I also made a realitively decent screen accurate sling for my p90.

If folks are interested, I'll suit up in what I have so far & take some pics.

The Vineland Public Library is looking for Stargat[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

Completely redesigned the palm crystal and frame. […]