Stargate Props and Costumes

Welcome to the Internet's largest community dedicated to the props and costumes of Stargate.

You can introduce yourself here to our other members. Feel free to say as little or as much about yourself as you would like!
By Astra
Hi!

My name is Astra and I'm from Germany. My friends and me have much fun setting up scenes with the little actionfigures, be it famous scenes we all know from the show, or inventing own original stories. I have all kinds of miniatures that can be used as props, and I would like to share some of my work here.

I also recently got into customizing my own figures, and a bit of model building as well, so I guess I fit in here quite nicely. Have to have a proper look around yet, though.

The first model I ever built was years ago at the age of 16, I wanted to have my own K.I.T.T. so I just made one out of cardboard and plywood and other household things. Kinda macgyvering, actually.

I hope to have much fun in here with you guys!
By Colonel_Carter
Hi Astra!

So glad to have you aboard! (I can vouch for her, she's tops!!)

You built your own KITT? Wow, that is incredible!!!

MacGyver is the god of all prop builders isn't he?

I do hope you feel at home here and share your ideas and creations with us more!

Enjoy :)
By Astra
Colonel_Carter wrote: MacGyver is the god of all prop builders isn't he?
I've never seen it this way, but you are right! Would it be too OT if I posted some pictures of my K.I.T.T. in here?

But first I want to say, I had a look around now, and I feel like a kid in a candy store. Talking about costumes, props, merchandise... Plus "I like your attitude", meaning, talking in SG-quotes ;) My friend and me quoted Jack pretty much all the time while being in Vancouver, so I guess I will fit in very well indeed! Feel like home already! Great place you have invented here, SG Merc!

But now on with the pictures. Only thing I did not make myself are the tires, which are from an old toy car of my little brother. The rest is sawed, cut and painted by myself, as reference I used only pictures and video tapes of the show.

The yellow lights I made out of a surprise egg and they can be moved in and out:

Also the doors and roof windows can be opened, and I even can put different pictures into the little computer screens. And the steering wheel can be turned, and also the gear shift.

Last edited by Astra on Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Colonel_Carter
Astra, you are going to fit right in here, I can see!

And please, do feel free to post any pictures of other models etc that you've made.

Yes we are sg1props, but we've got forums for other tv shows/movies aswell - we're not blinkered in our view that props overlap any show/genre :)

That KITT is incredible, the detail is amazing!!!

I'm glad you're feeling at home here. And yes, SG Merc has done a wonderful job hasn't he. A long time in the making but as I've always said good things are always worth waiting for :)
By SG1Niner
Hi Astra & WELCOME!

That KITT is neat! And YES - please post more!

The shot you did with the puddle jumper is amazing! Looking forward to seeing what else you'll post!
By Mike272
Hello and welcome!

Very nice model... :)

The Vineland Public Library is looking for Stargat[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

Completely redesigned the palm crystal and frame. […]