Stargate Props and Costumes

Welcome to the Internet's largest community dedicated to the props and costumes of Stargate.

You can introduce yourself here to our other members. Feel free to say as little or as much about yourself as you would like!
By sgccmd
Name is Mike and love Stargate/SGA and just watched Stargate:Continuum 3 times, awesome! wished it had some space battle scenes like SGA does but none the less it it was a good film.

I'm interested in making accurate Stargate costumes for my project so I found this forum, hoping people can help and tell me what needs to be bought and where online, I have access to equipment and gear from Blackhawk.com so I dont know if they carry any of the items used on SG-1/SGA.
Also been working on a Stargate fan film project (script writting for the last 3 months) We will be building a full size working Stargate for use with indoor and outdoor scenes.
What P90's should we use and we want to be accurate, is it the one by Well ? anyway I will be posting often.

Mike
By SG Merc
Hi there Mike

Welcome to SG1Props! I haven't seen Continuum yet myself, but I'm glad to hear when people say they like it so much.

Blackhawk gear is used extensively on both shows, so you're in luck. For the vests, on SG-1 they mostly used the Omega Medic/Utility Vest, and on Atlantis they have used the Omega Cross Draw. The holster they use (for the M9) is the Omega VI.

Beyond the tactical gear, they use some standard BDU equipment. BDU trousers, new style belt (though they've used the old brass buckles too), LC2 pistol belt, standard M9 bayonet/scabbard, and BDU patrol caps. The jackets are custom made, but based off of old G8 WEP jackets used by the Navy/Marines. You can buy reproductions from a few sources (one member here on the forums got this one but apparently had to specify the "stargate model").

On Atlantis they use most of the same gear, but use fully custom uniforms.

For the P90 there's two different models available. There is the standard version with the red dot sight, and there is one without an integrated sight, and three rails instead (tri-rail version).

The Well P90 is the tri-rail version, so it isn't accurate to the show. Since the only accurate airsoft P90s are high end (expensive), I make a conversion kit for the Well P90. It replaces the entire tri-rail upper receiver with the correct "red dot" version.

So what you get depends on your budget. You can get a high end gun (Tokyo Marui or the new Classic Army when it comes out) for around/under $300, or the Well + SG1Props kit for less than half.
By Colonel_Carter
Hi there sgccmmd!!

Glad to see someone else who liked Continuum, from what I've heard it's had a few mixed reviews (similar to Moebius etc).

Have you seen Ark of Truth?

And SGMerc ... hurry up and get up to speed with SG, there are two films that are 'out of this world' waiting to be seen :lol:

The Vineland Public Library is looking for Stargat[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

Completely redesigned the palm crystal and frame. […]