Stargate Props and Costumes

Welcome to the Internet's largest community dedicated to the props and costumes of Stargate.

Dedicated to all general Stargate, Stargate SG-1, and Stargate Atlantis discussion
By Mike272
I figured out that if you are going to be a doctor (or just about anyone for that matter) in Stargate SG-1 or Stargate Atlantis, prepare to get wrote off! First Dr. Daniel Jackson died (or ascended as it were), then Doctor Frasier died, then Sumner, Zelinka, Carson, Peter Grogan, (he was on the Ancient outpost when it was blown up) Ford, and Dr. Weir all got killed/wrote off!!!

Come on!!

It's time for Mallozzi to admit he and the other producers have made a BIG mistake in the killing off of Beckett and all the others!

These shows are fan driven and when people stop watching them, (because the producers don’t listen to the fans), there will be a loss of profits all the way down the line.

These shows are written and produced for entertainment purposes and to make TPTB money, otherwise they wouldn’t be in the business.

The success of a series is based on the numbers of people who watch! :!:

If numbers are up, so are profits. Without the viewers, these shows would never survive!!

So;

Dear Mr. Mallozzi,

They are NOT your shows, they are our shows! Get your head out of the dark and get a clue!
By SG Merc
Wasn't Weir written off the show because the fans didn't like her, though?

You have a good point Mike that these kinds of shows are fan driven. And surely some actor-centric fans will abandon the show if their favorite person leaves, but that doesn't automatically make it a mistake.

If a TV show doesn't undergo major changes from time to time then it will naturally lose some support simply because people get bored with it. But if something big happens (like somebody dies) then that part of the audience is going to be shocked enough to be drawn back into the storyline.

At the end of the day it comes down to the saying of "You win some, you lose some". I personally haven't seen the before/after ratings when there's been a character-kill-off ... but I'm willing to bet that Joseph Mallozzi has.
By Mike272
I guess (well, not that I don't believe you...:D) your right. I was just kind of mad at the time, because I had just finished watching "Sunday" for the first time... :roll:

And no, Weir was not written off because of lack of fan support, as you said, it was just to shake up the storyline.

www.saveelizabethweir.com
By SG Merc
Mike272 wrote:And no, Weir was not written off because of lack of fan support, as you said, it was just to shake up the storyline.

www.saveelizabethweir.com
Ahh I wasn't aware of that.

It is easy to get upset when a character gets killed off (I've been upset myself on SG-1 and other shows), but as long as the producers keep most of the main cast intact then the majority of viewers will probably stick with it.

Unlike the now-deceased show Earth Final Conflict where they seemed to have a new lead character every season -- great show, but people didn't live long :roll:

I do agree with you ... but I just think that the producers know that people aren't going to stop watching the show(s).
By cosmicgateriderthefirst
People,lets remember,change happens.As we venture into the outer regins of the universe(universe's)something different in going to happen.That's the mystique of travel,exploration,life.OK i'm back now,but anyway,change makes for great memories and gives us somthing to talk about.
By SG Merc
Well said Gary. This is the stuff good TV is made of :D
By Colonel_Carter
The thing with Weir being written out of it though, is that now TPTB want Weir back to reprise the role but because of how they treated the actor Torri Higginson doesn't want in.

I had always felt that Weir was let go because of fan opinion. It was well known in the SG circles that I frequented that Weir wasn't written as a strong enough character. She had good episodes ("Before I sleep" being one of them) but as the seasons went on Atlantis' feel changed and Weir's character was utilised less and less.

New characters do mix up the feel to any series, but I don't think it should have to be at the expense of old favourites. I think losing Carson Beckett was a bigger blow than the lose of Weir myself. I love Jewel Staite but I do miss Carson's interaction with McKay.
By Mike272
Colonel_Carter wrote:I love Jewel Staite but I do miss Carson's interaction with McKay.
Ahh, me too; she's awesome, and if you ask me, better than Carson's character. She just seems to play the role better than Paul did...
By Colonel_Carter
Personally I prefer Carson's character - I don't know why but I just do. He comes across stronger I think.

But it's good to have another strong female character in Atlantis. We've needed that with Teyla being immobile for so much of Season 4.
By Mike272
Colonel_Carter wrote: But it's good to have another strong female character in Atlantis. We've needed that with Teyla being immobile for so much of Season 4.

Indeed... lol

I agree too.

The Vineland Public Library is looking for Stargat[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

Completely redesigned the palm crystal and frame. […]