Stargate Props and Costumes

Welcome to the Internet's largest community dedicated to the props and costumes of Stargate.

Dedicated to all general Stargate, Stargate SG-1, and Stargate Atlantis discussion
By SG1Niner
Except for the few scenes w/Jack [THANK GOD! For crying out loud!] I'm not getting a "Stargate" feeling...
By Qetesh
There was at least some sort of action on one episode (which felt like a "to be continued..."), but then the next episode seemed completely oblivious to it ever happening...
By Loki
I have been a lurker here for quite a while but I guess I wanted to post my opinion after reading this thread. The show it self is well written, the titles and how things are playing out is very dramatic. That said, the general distaste anyone may have for the show is from the difference it has from Atlantis/SG-1. Which while its a good thing and honestly I like the new style (not saying I don't miss ether show) I have all the DVD's, and despite my distaste for seasons 8-10 of SG-1 I grew to like them once I gave it a chance and watched a few episodes.

The problem is humans get to involved with attachment, so wathcing it as if you are watching something totally new is the best way to truly judge a show there have been a LOT of shows that have failed due to it being so radically different from the show. I love SGU but I don't honestly see it making it past season 2, if it even gets that far, because of this. For example, Most startrek series went 9ish seasons. Except enterprise because it was so different, does it mean it sucked? No. but honestly I didnt take time to watch it till after it was off the air. Same with stargate atlantis. Babylon 5, had a spin off that last a season. The show was good but it was so different that people didnt like it. But perhaps my best example is the dresden files series. I am an avid fan of the books, the show was tainted because it was simply not following the books and the main character was nether sarcastic nor said "hells bells" Which pissed me off. I bought the whole series (1 season) because I was a avid fan, and after watching most of it I eventually liked the show and wish they had done more.

SImply, the show is dark and there have been some scenes that have utterly shocked me. The before meantioned sex scene wow... But thats what draws you in, those things where you're like damn that shit went down whats going to happen next! I hope the show makes it past season 1 and for that matter season 2. I think right now they are in just building phase up to a final point which I believe will happen at teh end of season 1 where something crazy happens. I look forward to that.

But anyone who is a avid stargate fan, just watch the show and give it you're full attention and don't compare it to SG1/Atlantis and I am pretty sure you will come to like it. my best advice...
By SG1Niner
SYFY is showing "Spring 2010" on their site. WHY these long breaks? That's what drove me NUTS with Battlestar! It's all very cruvus if you ask me!
Qetesh wrote:Tell me about it... Someone could wear their cozars off pacing around waiting for the new episodes!
Especially with how they've left it!! What the hell! How are they gonna work anything out without Rush ... ok, admittedly he's playing everyone like an idiot but still, they need him right?

Lucky for him they left him on a planet which had a handy crashed space ship. Who's betting he gets it working and catches them up?
Colonel_Carter wrote:
Qetesh wrote:Tell me about it... Someone could wear their cozars off pacing around waiting for the new episodes!
Especially with how they've left it!! What the hell! How are they gonna work anything out without Rush ... ok, admittedly he's playing everyone like an idiot but still, they need him right?

Lucky for him they left him on a planet which had a handy crashed space ship. Who's betting he gets it working and catches them up?
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: come on fellow SYFY'ers----he has the( :twisted: )intelligence----he's too mysterious to die out now------------------------where's (your) imagination? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:------------- :idea: THE ONE AND FIRST GATERIDER :idea: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:Thank you,Thank, you ,Thank you,Spank you.
Yes but you can get the craptastic first half of the season on DVD and Blu Ray much much sooner. :lol:
I actually really liked the last episode, a few people actually did something, not much mind you, but something. And there was an alien ship, which is much more exciting than watching the crew members whine and screw each other.
By Qetesh
THR: I've appreciated that the show has been very alien-lite. Will that continue?

Cooper: The show was always intended to be a drama and about people who are struggling to survive. There is a sci-fi element, but it was never going to turn into the "alien of the week." However, there is a big story point coming up that does introduce an alien race that's a very cool CG alien. It's more along the line of a "District 9"-type of alien. Our interaction is handled in a very "Universe" way -- they're not the typical "Stargate" alien bad guys.

Source: http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/12/syfy-ren ... cond-.html
I'm really not liking that response. I don't think I can really group SG:U as a SG show at all.
Loki wrote:SImply, the show is dark and there have been some scenes that have utterly shocked me. The before meantioned sex scene wow... But thats what draws you in, those things where you're like damn that shit went down whats going to happen next! I hope the show makes it past season 1 and for that matter season 2. I think right now they are in just building phase up to a final point which I believe will happen at teh end of season 1 where something crazy happens. I look forward to that.
Well, I've read through the last posts of this thread and am completely lost because I literally stopped watching the show at "Earth." So, as I type this I'm watching the eps on syfy rewind...

That said, I have to agree and give props to Loki for his opinions. You really do have to take youself out of the stargate mindset to start to digg into this show. I mean, I know people disliked spinoff shows like Enterprise or The Dresden Files because they are just too different than what we are use to, but I mean I loved Enterprise because I kind of "started" in that show before I discovered Star Trek. Now, I love Star Trek even more. I had the same experience with The Dresden files. I was never aware of the books until after watching the show and then a couple of years later, I'm sitting in the front row in front of mr. Jim Butcher at the comic-con panel of 2008, and I have the utmost respect for him now and the show's story.

Point is, I never recieved the origin stories from which those spinoffs began, but I was able to really appreciate what they had to offer individually, almost as a stand-alone show, and from the newcomer perspective. Those shows are actually two of my most favorite shows so it's interesting that you happened to mention those (actually, I'm refraining from watching all of the 12 episodes of The Dresden Files because I still haven't seen all of them. I'm trying to make them last). But I digress...Really, there is no perfect duplication of any show once you re-start with a new series. You see it happen all the time in movies also. No sequel is ever the same as the original.

We just have to take them as they come and make our judgements based on how good a job the creators are doing to entertain us through their storytelling.

Now, I took a break from the series because it was getting repetative waiting for a good ep to come along because not much happened really in the first episodes Darkness, Light, Water, Earth -even air took a long time to get through- my interest just gave up by the time Earth came around. Then, I re-watched my 24 Redemption dvd (to get ready for "day 8") and saw Rob Carlyle doing his amazing acting. I listened to the commentaries with Kiefer and the director and preoducer -they talked about how good Rob did with his scenes that it totally jumpstarted my attention back onto SGU and my appreciation for the man. Look at his past works and you'll see that he is amazing!

So, even though, my interest dropped mid-season, I really can't wait to get back into this again. I have no doubt there is a lot of potential with this series. It's definately not SG1 or SGA, but in my opinion it can really be something better on its own while using the stargate story as a backdrop for the show. I think that compared to what a lot of shows are trying to do these days, SGU is supremely original. That's what makes it good, and if the actors and writers can make it better, hopefully will tune in and pay attention. I love it now and hope it gets a full run of what made SG1 so great...

sorry for the long post, but I guess I had some stuff to get off my mind. ;)
I know right. The way that it ended was a complete disaster. Ever heard of working it out Colonel Young? I admit Rush was a jerk but common leaving him on a planet to die is crazy.

OH! and to top that off he is on a planet with a crashed ship. He is very smart and can prolly fix it. Then what? Will ghe come after them and try to kill them or just Colonel Young.

Oh yea and about the whole adult thing, it is weird. I mean it just does not feel like a stargate to me. Definitally not as good as SG-1 or Atlantis. What im saying is where is the spark?

The Vineland Public Library is looking for Stargat[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

Completely redesigned the palm crystal and frame. […]