Stargate Props and Costumes

Welcome to the Internet's largest community dedicated to the props and costumes of Stargate.

Dedicated to all general Stargate, Stargate SG-1, and Stargate Atlantis discussion
By Colonel_Carter
I'm afraid, and very sad to say, that news of the next instalments of the Stargate SG-1 and the first Stargate Atlantis DVD movies is not very good. In an exclusive interview during the Television Critics Association summer press tour, Robert C Cooper explains that despite the scripts having been written for both movies, there may be a delay in production due to the current unstable financial climate.

The full story here at scifiwire.
By SG Merc
I think it's safe to say that the people who are going to go buy the Stargate DVD are going to do it regardless of the world financial situation.

And, vice versa, those who won't buy the DVD will abstain regardless of the world financial situation.

Sounds like MGM just doesn't want a competing product for SG:U.
By SG1Niner
Sooo...they're "shelved" for now...let's hope the movies make it...unlike the poor on-line games I was so psyched about!
By SG Merc
SG1Niner wrote:Sooo...they're "shelved" for now...let's hope the movies make it...unlike the poor on-line games I was so psyched about!
What is it with MGM getting us excited about new Stargate projects, and then closing the iris right in front of our faces? I guess now we know what it feels like to be a bug on a windshield ...
By SG1Niner
*SPLAT!*
By Qetesh
SG Merc wrote:
SG1Niner wrote:Sooo...they're "shelved" for now...let's hope the movies make it...unlike the poor on-line games I was so psyched about!
What is it with MGM getting us excited about new Stargate projects, and then closing the iris right in front of our faces? I guess now we know what it feels like to be a bug on a windshield ...
Think of it more like that little thing you always secretly expected at the back of your mind...

Walter: We're receiving an IDC, sir. It's the Tok'ra!
They all stare, kinda squinting a little, deep in thought like they really have to think about it.
Gen. Hammond: Open the i--- [thud]
By SG1Niner
LOL!!!! ROFL!!! LOL!!!

Nice set of lines there Qetesh! I'm still laughing out loud about it!!!

THUD!
By Lord Camulus
Does anybody know when exactly the Stargate Extincion tralier is coming out? And the name of the third SG1 movie?

Please respond

/Lord Camulus
By Hirogen
Last I heard MGM is in financial trouble. My cynical nature tells me, the more time passes, the less likely these direct to DVD movies will happen. :(
By SG Merc
That could very well be true. MGM does have some very wealthy companies as financial backers though, so they ultimately answer to those investors.
By SG1Niner
Their television division is profitable...why can't they play nice and share?!
By Hirogen
SG Merc wrote:That could very well be true. MGM does have some very wealthy companies as financial backers though, so they ultimately answer to those investors.
I wish this would happen, but I have to ask, if these investors wanted a SG movie made wouldn't they have done so by now? It's a shame that there seems to be no one interested ( who can make it happen) don't seem to want to do anything about it.
Like someone said earlier, if they release a movie people will buy it or not regardless of the economic climate. I was watching the Atlantis finale and really wish we would get this Atlantis movie soon.

There are a few franchises I would have liked to see continue for one more season, SG-1, Atlantis, Farscape, and DS9 are the ones that come to mind.
By SG Merc
Well the investors behind MGM (among them being Sony and Comcast if I recall) don't really care whether or not a Stargate movie is made. Their only concern is if it would be profitable. I think that if MGM pitches a profit making opportunity to them then the project will happen. But investors always want a specific percentage return of investment. Perhaps MGM just hasn't been able to do that yet, or has too much finances currently engaged in Stargate Universe.

I have a feeling that you are right that if it was going to happen it would have by now. On the other hand though, maybe MGM just isn't interested yet.

The Vineland Public Library is looking for Stargat[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

Completely redesigned the palm crystal and frame. […]