Stargate Props and Costumes

Welcome to the Internet's largest community dedicated to the props and costumes of Stargate.

Dedicated to all general Stargate, Stargate SG-1, and Stargate Atlantis discussion
By Colonel_Carter
As of June 6th, Stargate Universe promotional pictures will be available.

I have the priviledge of being on a list of members to a site that will be releasing them, so as they say 'watch this space'.

But for now, here is a little teaser. Unfortunately, as you will see, it looks like the people at MGM have over-photoshopped again!!

By SG Merc
Excellent news, and very lucky you are to be a part of that group. I regret not keeping in the owner's "inner circle" as I really used to enjoy seeing that material on a regular basis.

Oh and as for the Photoshopping: that is what happens when photographers rely on using filter techniques to quickly "beautify" a model. As unfortunate as it is, this has become common place in large studios which rush processing like this. Though it is disappointing when it makes the gal look like she's 12.
By Colonel_Carter
SG:U ... stands for Stargate Universe, the next instalment in the Stargate franchise.

It starts on Sy Fy in the Fall.

As an aside, one of the starts of Stargate Universe, Lou Diamond Phillips is apparently appearing on I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here at the moment (I'm not watching myself, but have heard from others).
By SG Merc
I don't know if any new information about the story has come out, but the premise is that a group of humans from Earth become stranded in another galaxy aboard an Ancient ship. They aren't able to gate back to earth, but I'm guessing they will be using an on board gate to explore the new galaxy.

Kind of Star Trek Voyager-ish.
By Colonel_Carter
WOW!!!!

It's not entirely *Stargate* but I'm gripped already (just a little less of the sexy clinches please!!)

I like the look of the action/adventure behind it - roll on October!!! :D :D
By brainshatterer
Well, I got to meet a large amount of the cast at Comic con 09, got a universe poster, signed by most of the cast and producers :) Very cool, I'll try to get some pics up one of these days soon :) Very interesting group, they were all con virgins, but really seemed to enjoy getting into the role and persona that is stargate. After watching the preview at the con, I am pretty excited to see the new show. I was very bummed, I did not get a wristband for the Amanda Tapping signing, watched the Sanctuary panel, but that was as close as I got, sucked :( I got a Universe T-shirt, hahahaha, consolation prize.
By SG Merc
Interesting. And it's good to know that they are doing the convention circuits already, even if Comic Con is a media blitz. Hopefully the tradition of fan-friendliness that we've enjoyed with SG-1 and SGA continues.
By Colonel_Carter
There have been some more released, should I wait for Halloween? LOL

Though seriously ... after having read some reports about upcoming episodes of SGU, I'm seriously worrying if it is going to be my kind of show or not. It's starting to sound horrendously BSG/90210-ish, and this report from gateworld.net is doing nothing to calm my fears.

It's like the producers of SGU thought they'd address every social indifference in a science fiction show. Whatever happened to the most exciting thing being a laser blast or the fact that you could see the scenery wobbling?

*shakes head and leaves*
By SG Merc
That's a disappointing read. It sounds like they've really stripped this new show of all the traits we have come to associate Stargate with. In fact, I'm beginning to wonder if it should even bear the "Stargate" name.
By SG1Niner
I agree SG-Merc...how disappointing. :(

the one hi-lite to my day was seeing Jack at the beginning of one of the clips...back to Gateworld's latest write-ups...SIGH...I want "Stargate" for crying out loud!

I want good stories...good science fiction...don't drill in to me "human exploration"...my best guess is MGM will give it 3 seasons before they end it...I hope I'm wrong...I hope the Stargate side of things will shine through!
By Colonel_Carter
I hate to say this, but the way this series looks like it is going, I hope it only gets one Season ...

... and then TPTB in the Stargate Franchise camp realise what a HUGE mistake they made, and they BRING BACK ATLANTIS!!!!

This diatribe of events should just be called 'Universe' ...
By SG1Niner
If "Fox" can bring back "Family Guy" - MGM *should* bring back Stargate Atlantis!!!
By SG Merc
SG1Niner wrote:If "Fox" can bring back "Family Guy" - MGM *should* bring back Stargate Atlantis!!!
I can add a big +1 to this statement.
By SG1Niner
seriously...what did Family Guy do to get back on the air?

if all the SG sites banded together and had letter writing campaigns...or email campaigns that could crash their servers! Maybe, just MAYBE, the boys and girls at MGM would listen to us?!

To quote from a favorite movie of mine...Operation Petticoat...Tony Curtis was quoted as saying "In confusion there is profit"...seems MGM is mighty confused about making a profit!

It amazes me they've learned nothing - NOTHING - from George Lucas...they can take the same X-wing, put 3 different versions out there, red wing, gold wing, pink and purple polka dot wing, and the fans will BUY ALL THREE!!!

MGM is missing out on a freaking boat load of cash! And knowing an 'uber star wars collector', a friend of mine, he's amazed that MGM misses out on the fact that, as he puts it "sci-fi geeks will buy anything!"

Granted, we the SG fans, want quality stuff...but c'mon, throw us a bone here!

I swear...they are "praticing being *vague*"

rant, rant, rant!

I'm tired from the driving I've done today, so if I've offended anyone, please accept my apologies as I slowly GO NUTS!

cool...2 "Jack" quites for the price of 1
By cosmicgateriderthefirst
:lol: Hey SG1 Props. Been dormant in a hive,waiting for SGU with up most anticipation.Need to start a Stargate commune(ha,ha).Darn Tequila.Back to my lemon.Missed ya'all,Gateriderthefirst.
By SG Merc
Welcome back! I've been off the forums for too long now myself, so you're not the only one.

Here's hoping SG:U doesn't disappoint!

The Vineland Public Library is looking for Stargat[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

Completely redesigned the palm crystal and frame. […]