Stargate Props and Costumes

Welcome to the Internet's largest community dedicated to the props and costumes of Stargate.

Dedicated to all general Stargate, Stargate SG-1, and Stargate Atlantis discussion
By Astra
Hi!

Today I played with puppets ;) I have ordered some extra gear for those figures, and so I could send Jack diving!

I think I will have to give the diving gear a different color, though:

Then Jack took off his suit and put on a different one:

Some lifeguard started a conversation:

And at the end he even offered a ride in his beach car. Cool!

By Astra
LOL it's actually not the "Hoff". They did not make puppets with actor faces with the Baywatch line, just ordinary ones. At least the name is not "officially" at the package, maybe they didn't have the rights or something. I bought one anyway, and now, years after I finally found a reason to play with it ;)

I thought you might be interested in seeing how the Stargate figures looked before I took off the uniforms, and which things come with them. Forgot to include the GDO, though, you see it at Jack's arm. Of course he had the green jacket as well, but I rather have him in T-shirt. The tack vest did not come with them, I bought it myself. I also have some serious trouble to get him to hold the P-90, it does not fit between his fingers. I love very much all those little pockets at the jacket and pants, they are for real, I can even let Jack stuff his hands into them...

You'll also notice that Daniel has the pant legs inside his boots. Once I had taken off Jack's boots there was no way I was able to put it back in, so I just left it over the boots. Which is also the right way if I remember right.
By Astra
Oh, I just realized I haven't showed you the camping scene yet!

I agree, it is a wonderful set, and I am at the lookout now for GI Joe stuff etc., need a ball cap for Jack yet and a boonie for Daniel! It is so much fun, I never played with Barbies in my life, but now have fun with those. And there are so many shops out there with nice things...
By Astra
SG Merc wrote:Those are cool Astra, just need Jonas with his apron!
LOL You mean like this?

(which is actually part of the Christmas set we did last year, and does not belong at all into the 12" thread)

But the now following pictures do! I am back from a weekend full with friends, laughter and action figure theater. Can't wait to show it all to you!

But first, I want to pimp this new action figure theater community - we're only starting, but I'm sure there will be lots of funny (Multifandom) entries there! It's nice to meet all the other creative people out there.

Here is the link:

http://community.livejournal.com/action_tales/

Sorry for all the boys, but I guess this post is more for the few girls in here. Not sure if I should put up a hotness warning or something. Well, consider yourself warned!

Today we see the episode "Brief Candle":

Couldn't resist making the famous scene right after Jack and Kynthia had gotten very close. Kynthia fell asleep and Jack grabbed some cover:

I just love those little dog tags!

The next morning he had some kind of hangover and put his head into the well, to get rid of it:

Please note the detail we put into this picture - there was a jar standing at the edge of the well, and in the well were water lilys, and Jack just had putten down his sunglasses, you can see them next to his hand:

By Astra
Thank you! Glad you like it.

Today was a very special day for me. US president Obama was visiting my homecity Dresden. The area he was in was closed down for security measures, but we had a party nearby and a screen where we could see him. I also got photographed and interviewed a lot by camera teams. Why? Because I had THIS *points down* with me.

I am going to show you a story how General O'Neill briefed the new president about the Stargate programme. Sorry he is in his BDU, I ordered a dress uniform but it did not arrive in time.

Enjoy!

Jack: [knocking] Knock, knock. Do you have a minute, Mister President?

Obama: [inviting] General O’Neill! Sure, come on in. How’s the fishing?

Jack: [jovial] I’m just on my way. But there are important matters I have to discuss with you first, Sir. I’m here to officially brief you on the Stargate programme.

Obama: Star- what?

Jack: The Stargate, sir. It’s an alien doohickey, a kind of round spinny thing, which…

Obama: Round spinny thing? Is that a technical term?

Jack: [shrugging] Not exactly. Carter could explain it so much better than I.

Obama: [wondering] Well, then why didn’t you bring her with you?

Jack: [wincing] Actually, I did, sir. If you please could help me with the backpack?

Sam: Colonel Samantha Carter reporting, sir!

Obama: [gaping]

Sam: [apologizing] Sorry, Mister President. There was an accident in Dr. Lee’s laboratory, which resulted in a massive case of…

Jack: [interrupting] He shrunk Carter.

Sam: [annoyed] I’m sure we’ll soon be able to reverse it. Anyway, this is a model of the Stargate. It’s made of naquadah, measuring roughly 22 feet in diameter and weighing about 64,000 pounds. It breaks down matter into patterns of energy and then…

Jack: [zoning out and only hearing technobabble naquadah technobabble subspace technobabble vortex technobabble Event Horizon technobabble wormhole]

Obama: [wondering] What is a wormhole?

Sam: It’s called a wormhole because…

Jack: [piping up] Oh please, not the analogy with the apple again!

Sam: [glaring] … it goes through space like a worm through an apple. It’s controlled with a DHD – that’s short for a Dial Home Device

Jack: By the way, Mister President, I have a present for you. It’s called a GDO. If you ever happen to be on the wrong side of the Stargate, just punch those numbers, and we’ll open the door for you.

Obama: Thank you, Jack, but I don’t think that will be necessary. How could I end up on the wrong side of the Stargate anyway?

Jack: [mumbling] Thor, old buddy, this is your signal. Take him for a ride!

Obama: [vanishing]

Jack: [suspicious] Just what else do you have in that bag of yours, Carter?

Sam: [blushing] Um, nothing, sir.

Jack: [insisting] Lemme see!

Jack: You have a doll? Of ME?!?

Sam: [trying to find a rabbit hole]

Jack: [bemused] I wonder if her getting smaller has been an accident after all.
By Astra
The weather in Germany right now is not what Summer should be like. So I wanted at least Jack to have a nice day at the beach!

So, Jack went diving, and apparently he encountered some octopus!

There also was a crab at the beach, making friends with some - replicator?!

How do you like the "water"? It was a t-shirt of one of my friends. We also had real sand and shells for the beach.

Jack had a beach chair with him, a cooler, an air mattress and also his fishing rod. Apparently he caught some fish, which was too big for the bucket!

And somebody had a funny moment and even put a mermaid into the water. The picture is a bit blurry, but I'm posting it to show you what kind of fun we have together, lots of people standing around the table and everybody having unique ideas. My friends rock! (And sometimes I only see the outcome at the pictures later, because I don't realize at the moment ;) )

By SG1Niner
Hi Astra!!!

I'm just getting caught up!

LOL..."hottness warning"...well, these things will happen, we're all adults here...

Luv the O'Neill/Obama/Carter episode...ROFL...and the "mini-Jack"...CLASSIC!

Your talent and vision never ceases to amaze me!

Keep 'em coming!

[in hushed tones....LOL...'hottness warning...]
By Astra
SG Merc wrote:This scene was cut from "Fire And Water" - he's looking for kidnapped Daniel :lol:
That is one of the funniest comments I ever got! ROTFLMAO! Maybe I'll get a Nem figure one day...

Hi SG1Niner! You are right, I should post something new. I have something for the 6" section, so please go over there. And I just realized - I haven't yet told you in here about my new fame? I was in a lot of newspapers with my Obama doll and also got interviewed for TV news. I have it all on tape!

Read about it all here:

http://dieastra.livejournal.com/4234.html

And a bit OT but kinda related - pictures!

http://dieastra.livejournal.com/5585.html

http://dieastra.livejournal.com/6545.html
By Astra
Just a little something since I didn't post in a while. It is no real AFT, but cute nonetheless. While we were playing with the 6" figures, the 12" Jack and Daniel were laying around. I did not pay attention, and was surprised to find that a friend had arranged them into some very nice positions. You can say what you want about those faces that really do not look very well, but the clothes and that the joints are much more movable, do make them look more "real" than the stiff little ones (which have the better faces, though).

The cowboy boots Daniel is wearing are actually from a keyring (I bought two of them and removed the key ring). They fit perfectly!
The title of the first two is "stargazing", BTW.

The Vineland Public Library is looking for Stargat[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

Completely redesigned the palm crystal and frame. […]