Stargate Props and Costumes

Welcome to the Internet's largest community dedicated to the props and costumes of Stargate.

Dedicated to all general Stargate, Stargate SG-1, and Stargate Atlantis discussion
By SG Merc
Apparently SciFi has broadcast a trailer for Stargate Universe tonight during the final Battlestar episode. Anyone catch it? What do you think?

If anyone posts it up on YouTube let us know!
By Colonel_Carter
Thanks Mike!

The gate looks like a cross between the SGC and Pegasus gates, interesting!

For anyone who hasn't seen it yet, here's the trailer from YouTube ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g13I9vtr6jc (that took some finding!!)

From the trailer, it looks ok ... but wasn't Robert Carlyle's character meant to be military? That long hair wouldn't fly I'm sure!!

I'm more open about it than before ... we'll see ;)
By SG Merc
Awesome, thanks!

Carter, I agree that it looks like Robert Carlyle is playing a civilian (or possibly an Ancient?). I saw Lou Diamond Phillips in a uniform, so his role is probably military. It looks like most of the [presumably] non-military people are wearing street clothes. That's odd because even in Atlantis the civilians were dressed in uniforms. It seems unlikely that any official expedition would have them dressed anything else.

Also, the military uniforms look like they carry on themes from Atlantis (similar vest, non-patterned uniforms).

I wonder if the story sprouts either from Atlantis, or from an Earth ship.

Anyway, here are some photos of the new uniforms taken from the trailer.

By Colonel_Carter
If my memory serves me correctly (hehe now there's a disclaimer if ever I heard it!) I believe the ship is meant to be of Ancient design, so I'm figuring it's in the Pegasus galaxy and an off-shoot from Atlantis.

Nice catch with the stills SG Merc - hopefully we'll be getting some official Promo pics soon (if I see any, I'll repost) :D
By SG Merc
Exclusive interview from IGN with Robert Carlyle, with some new details about Stargate Universe can be found HERE

For those who don't want to leave your favorite website ;) I have quoted the best part for you right here ...
"I play a character called Dr. Nicholas Rush," explains Carlyle. "He's a scientist, very much a kind of driven man. He has his own motives, you know, and you're not quite sure what his motives are -- even Rush himself sometimes I don't think [knows]. What happens in the beginning of the show is that Rush [and the cast] are propelled through a Stargate into the ninth Chevron address, and the ninth Chevron address is the Holy Grail of the Chevron. When they get through there, they think they're in another world. In fact, they're in a massive spaceship. This thing is as if you put five aircraft carriers together. This has been sent out hundreds of thousands of years ago by the Ancients and no one was ever meant to be there. So when they get there, they find this ship which is basically falling apart. How are they going to survive on this thing? And the first [priority], which is the title of our first three episodes, is air. So they can actually breathe. That's the first basic step."
Also, here is a cast photo that I found

The Vineland Public Library is looking for Stargat[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

Completely redesigned the palm crystal and frame. […]