Stargate Props and Costumes

Welcome to the Internet's largest community dedicated to the props and costumes of Stargate.

Dedicated to all general Stargate, Stargate SG-1, and Stargate Atlantis discussion
Okay, I don't want to let you wait any longer, since you asked so nicely *waves to Colonel Carter and SG1Niner*. But where to start? We do play with "puppets" (don't let the boys hear that ;) ) for three years now, and of course improved our skills over the years.

One set from the first "session" I still like very much was the Egyptian set we did. Daniel apparently was too engrossed in his findings, that he failed to notice the Jaffa standing there!

This treasure chest had once held ice-cream, years ago. Since I am a collector, I save all kind of things and wait for the day they might come in handy. And all the golden things inside are from "Christmas crackers", at least I read that in UK the people have them at Christmas, we have them at the New Year's eve, with all kind of little things inside.

There is much more to come - stay tuned!

PS: The wormhole effect is not included with the gate parts, somebody at Gateworld made it and gave it for free download and printing, in case anybody wants to have it. I don't have the link anymore, but could send the file, no problem. That's what I like so much about places like this one: to share the excitement and also all kind of information.
By Colonel_Carter
Oh that is incredible!!

I've got some egyptian figures like that myself (yes, my lounge would have Daniel fascinated for hours! :P)
By Astra
You should invite him some day ;)

Glad you like it! So, what do you wanna see next? SG-1 in the kitchen, baking pizza? Or action? Okay, for the guys an action story today.

Title: Planetquake

It was a sunny afternoon, and Daniel was doing his archeology thing in the sand. Look what he has found - a mummy, a ZPM...

He was about to make some notes, when...

... the world crumbled.

Daniel was shocked, Jack was buried under a pillar (which I made out of kitchen paper rolls)

And as if that was not enough a spider was biting Jack, who had no way to prevent this, into his leg:

Daniel held Jack's hand, while Sam and Teal'c tried to lift the weigh from him (sorry, my slasher friend is responsible for this, I'm all innocent ;) )

Finally they were able to free him. Jack had a broken arm and because of the poisonous spider they had to transport him home on a stretcher (which I also made myself, just two shashlik sticks and a bit of cloth).

Stay tuned for part two in the infirmary!
By SG1Niner
WOW!!! These are amazing!
I was just looking over these pics again...wondering if Astra has anything against Jack?

Hmmmm...a pillar, a spider, AND the infirmary to come?!

"For crying out loud."
SG Merc wrote:Great imagination Astra! With the amount of details in the scenes it must take hours to set up -- I'm impressed :D
No, actually not hours. The scenes in the sand we did along with many other scenes in the sand/desert which you will see another time, and we did all of these at only one afternoon. I usually play with my friends, so there are a lot of hands working on a set at a time. And having funny ideas along the way. It all started with the Jack-figure having his arm bend in a weird way by accident, and grew from there.

Sam kept falling over, though, that is why she is full of sand.
SG1Niner wrote:I was just looking over these pics again...wondering if Astra has anything against Jack?

Hmmmm...a pillar, a spider, AND the infirmary to come?!

"For crying out loud."
"Oh no no no no no no no" <-- Jack quote 8)

On the contrary, he is my favourite character! RDA was the reason for me to even start watching the show, knew him back from "MacGyver", otherwise I never would have watched Sci-Fi.

Are you familiar with the term whumping? Have you come across whumping fanfictions before? It is hard to explain the fascination, why we like to see our hero vulnerable and suffering, but somehow those episodes with a hurting Jack also happen to be my favouritest. But don't worry, I have tons of pictures with just funny team scenes.

But first the conclusion with the infirmary. I have yet to explain the spider, we had the scene with Sam and Teal'c carrying Jack on the stretcher, but with "only" a broken arm he surely could have walked, so that is why we added the spider, to be able to keep the picture in the story.

We have no Janet figure yet, so we put the Ori-prior in a white coat.

This little X-ray picture I have bought.

Sam is bringing the spider for examination, and finding an antidote.

The little SGC-folders I made out of a real folder which I once purchased, and just copied it in miniature.

And here is even a little movie, the spider is running away and then Teal'c stomps on it with his boot.

http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q227 ... irmary.flv
Last edited by Astra on Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LOL - okay, just checking...since I do have gray hair in real life I've been a fan of RDA's "Jack" since I was able to start watching the show...don't get me wrong, I liked MacGyver too, I personally never looked good with a mullet! ROFL

Watched the movie - AWESOME

And the pics, phenominal!
Aw! You guys make me blush! :oops:

@SG1Niner: I also prefer Jack over Mac. Only with SG I did all the fanfiction writing and video cutting and convention going. And learning English by reading lots of fanfictions. But as for Mac's mullet, though this is stuck in all our heads, in the first seasons you can consider his hair almost short, actually. But yeah, grey is definitively better - I even changed the brown hair my desert camo Jack had to silver :wink:

So, back to topic, I think we should celebrate. How about some Pizza?

This kitchen is a bit retro, it's from my childhood in Eastern Germany days:

My friend made all the vegetables and salami and pizza dough from plasticine. We also made the little aprons from some cloth:

When Sam is not looking, Daniel is nibbling:

Jack and Teal'c found something better, though:

The beer case Jack holds is actually a bottle opener which I just HAD to buy!

And afterwards a little game of foosball!

This is what Rick called "incredible" and asked me where I would get such things. Actually my brother had this long before, you can really play with it.
Last edited by Astra on Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike272 wrote::D Very cool!

Eastern Germany you say?
Yep, Dresden, to be exact, the place the book "Slaughterhouse 5" has been written about. I was 16 when the wall came down in 1989. Otherwise I could not be here right now!
Colonel_Carter wrote:Astra, you know you've got me thinking like you already.

Recently in a craft store I was looking at the 'minatures' ... thinking how I could work them into a 'scene'.
Hahaha, exactly! :D Wherever I am I always consider the value of the things I see. And you can find cool things in craft shops which are not too expensive. I recently got a set of garden tools...
I need more figures!! :D ;)
Yes you do! Image

So, wanna see an episode for a change? How about the one called "Double Jeopardy"?

So, the two Jacks were fighting and Sam said something like "Sirs, as much as I would like to know how it turns out..."

A little earlier Jack had disguised himself

And Daniel got shot with the staff weapon

His head was rolling over the floor (the Daniel-figure of my friend always lost his head, so she came up with the idea for this scene)

I totally confused RDA when I described the scene and said, "And this is the episode where Daniel lost his head..." he went "hu?" Image so I hurried to explain that it had been Robo-Daniel.
SG1Niner wrote:and love the "following...still...you...not" - ROFL
I love those too! All credit of those smileys goes to Mala at Gateworld (though she calls them "crankies"), there are so many nice ones out there.

So, today another episode, "Bane". You know, where Jack tried to shoot the big dragonfly, but was too late.

So, Teal'c pupated.

Last edited by Astra on Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Astra wrote:
Mike272 wrote::D Very cool!

Eastern Germany you say?
Yep, Dresden, to be exact, the place the book "Slaughterhouse 5" has been written about. I was 16 when the wall came down in 1989. Otherwise I could not be here right now!

Wow, very cool. (Well, I mean, the fact that you saw the Wall coming down and lived there) Good book, I've read it before.

Sorry, but I have a certain fascination with the Soviet Union and the Cold War...
So, wanna see a new episode? How about "Urgo"?

At first, it is Jack alone at the table:

Then Daniel, Teal'c and Sam join him:

Some of these cakes I made out of SURALIN (plasticine which can be hardened in the oven, same like FIMO), others are from my little toy shop. The "Jello" are small pearls and some of the glasses always fell over... that was no fun!

PS: Mike, if you want to know anything specifically, just ask! I am happy to discuss!
I know! I know...I'm TERRIBLE for pulling things in from the scripts...but URGO is my favourite, second only to "Window Of Opportunity"!!!

Enjoy playing this through your head!

INT—COMMISSARY, SGC

[Daniel, Carter and Teal'c enter the commissary, followed by the three Airmen assigned to them. O'Neill is sitting at a table surrounded by desserts.]

DANIEL
Hungry.
CARTER
Yeah.
[They sit down with O'Neill and start eating.]

O'NEILL
Try the pie.
CARTER
(to O'Neill)
Sir, I'm running a full diagnostic on the…
[She eats a piece of blue jelly and pauses.]

CARTER
(cont'd)
…wow.
O'NEILL
Oh yeah.
DANIEL
(with his mouth full)
This is the best pie I've ever had.
CARTER
What's so different about it?
O'NEILL
Same old pie.
TEAL'C
It is most satisfying.
CARTER
Why does it taste so good?
O'NEILL
I dunno. All I do know is…I don't even like yoghurt.
VOICE
(over intercom)
SG-1, report to Medlab 3.
[SG-1 reluctantly put their desserts down and head out of the commissary, followed by the airmen. O'Neill stops at the doors.]

O'NEILL
Wait. Sorry, sorry.
[He goes back to grab another slice of pie to take with him.]
And do you see it? The piece he goes back for is right there in my pictures, slightly above the others. I tried to match the screen shot as much as possible, also when I "baked" some pieces to look exactly like in the episode. Unfortunately I lack any common soldiers, so we could not make the scene with him going back.

I'm happy you like this scene so much! "Window of Opportunity" pictures shall be next, then!

The Vineland Public Library is looking for Stargat[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

Completely redesigned the palm crystal and frame. […]