Stargate Props and Costumes

Welcome to the Internet's largest community dedicated to the props and costumes of Stargate.

Dedicated to all general Stargate, Stargate SG-1, and Stargate Atlantis discussion
By SG1Niner
Okay, so we've had action figures from Diamond Select. Has anyone found die-cast models of the F302/3/4? Let alone all the alien ships they could make! Is it me or is the toy industry not paying attention to the Stargate franchise?!
By SG Merc
You're right on the money with the lack of attention to Stargate models.

Starship Modelers has the F304, but it's out of stock.

And according to this site they will have F302s at some point.

I know there's a guy working on Puddle Jumpers as well.

Of course this is pretty much fan made stuff for the most part ... nothing die cast. The powers that be still ignore us.
By Colonel_Carter
And the stupid thing is, if you go to any convention that is Stargate based, all the fans will tell you how much they want models etc.

Point in turn, at a convention a few years ago the people from Legends Memorabilia (who sell the official Stargate merchandise) had a franchised stall. The people flocking around it for anything/everything they could pick up was phenomenal.

Stargate is big business, if MGM would only allow more merchandise to be licensed, they'd have even more money!!!

Personally, I would kill for a PJ. The thought has even crossed my mind to sculpt my own.
By Smiley
If i wasn't absolutely TERRIBLE with models i would so do these... but i am, well actually i don't know that for sure really, the two F/A-18 Hornet models i have are still in their boxes because i keep distracting myself with other things to actually make the effort to make them... :P I am soooo bad! :P

Oh and our Stargate stalls get pretty busy at our conventions too :P We only really have Gateworld collectables, least there the only peoples i buy from! Jason is awesome though, he doesn't just have Stargate though, he has a bit of everything :P But he's the guy i've brought all my Stargate figurines and shirts off :D
By SG1Niner
plastic models...die cast toys...

Imagine - a miniature puddle jumper with a scale version of Atlantis...let alone building other cities of the Ancients

anyone know anyone with any contacts at MGM? have these people not heard of a furry faced guy named George Lucas and of his product licensing genius?!

Well, I suppose now is the time for me to say something profound... Nothing comes to mind.
By Astra
Apparently this is the company that will soon start making ship models both Stargate and Atlantis.

http://store.quantummechanix.com/Stargate-SG1_c_3.html

There is also a thread at Gateworld where one of the makers chats with the fans and you can make suggestions what you would like to have. Sounds pretty awesome if you ask me! (Although I am a girl and not so much into ships, actually ;) )
By Colonel_Carter
Well as a girl I would still love a puddlejumper!! I don't know why, they're just so different I guess :D So I might have to put in a request for one of those! :D

Love the site there Astra!! I have the replica mirror (still looking for a suitable home for it) but I'm giggling at the bumper stickers! I don't drive (yet) but when I do, I'm getting a matching pair :D
By Astra
Well, if you don't want to wait, you also can download the papercraft model of a puddle jumper at this page:

http://www.paperaviation.de/PuddleJumpe ... umper.html

I built the version without the wings, here is my picture:

And here is the link to the Gateworld-thread:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63270
By SG1Niner
WOW Astra! Awesome shot!

Thanks!
By Colonel_Carter
OMG Astra ... I am there!!!

I didn't know about this print out at all!! *arms herself with craft knife!*

At last, at last!!! :D :D
By Astra
@Colonel Carter:

You're welcome! Just remember to print it very big. Best is to find a shop have doing it for you. I work as a draftswoman in an engineer office, so I was lucky to have access to our big printer. And don't make the paper too stiff, otherwise it won't bend easily. I also recommend a second pair of hands for holding, it indeed was not very easy to glue it all together.

There is also a resin puddle jumper at ebay right now, but from the measures it seems to be very small. Wondering though why somebody in the US uses mm, so maybe he did the conversion wrong?

(sorry for the long ebay-link, changed it to tiny-url)

http://tinyurl.com/ddc2dn

@SG1Niner:

Actually I would call that shot anything but awesome ;) There is nobody holding the background, so my couch can be seen, plus other figures and chairs laying around... LOL

We really can do much better. This was more shot for fun while fooling around.
Last edited by Astra on Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Colonel_Carter
What a small world Astra! You do exactly what my Mum did for a profession!

Thanks for the tips on printing also. I don't have a printer myself, so would probably go to a print shop to get it done :)

Mmm yes, we don't use mm here in the US, so it may be a bad conversion. I would love a resin PJ!!!
By Goa'uld7
:mrgreen: Hey everyone im going to attempt to make a Puddle Jumper model/toy now i need some really good pictures of a puddle jumper to start off, can any of you help?

The Vineland Public Library is looking for Stargat[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

Completely redesigned the palm crystal and frame. […]