Stargate Props and Costumes

Welcome to the Internet's largest community dedicated to the props and costumes of Stargate.

Dedicated to all general Stargate, Stargate SG-1, and Stargate Atlantis discussion
By Colonel_Carter
The press release has gone out unveiling Stargate Universe.

Read it here ...http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/08/i ... a_go.shtml

The whole premise of it seems ok (if a little familiar to Atlantis - extra Chevron being utilised, unable to return to earth etc [let's hope they stick with that one this time]) and I like the idea of them being stranded on a pre-programmed spacecraft.

One thing does worry me though, this idea of making it appeal more to the younger generation. I'm starting to have nightmares of 'Atlantis 90210' being churned out.

I hope we get to find out who the 'named lead actor' will be soon. It's a shame it probably won't be someone from SG or SGA, I always liked the way there was that ounce of familiarity and family feel to the shows.

Time, as they say, will tell :)
By SG Merc
Thanks for the latest news Colonel :)

I think it's natural for fans of a show like Stargate to be skeptical of new shows which promise to break new ground when we've had 15 seasons of SG-1 and SGA following a familiar model.

I share your concerns about the producers chasing a different audience though. Stargate has built a very strong following among adults, and it would be irresponsible for MGM/Scifi to abandon that following. So let's hope that they don't make it like Roswell or one of the other teen scifi shows (which are fine in their own right, but would alienate Stargate's fan base).

After all, they already cut off loyal Stargate fans once with Stargate Infinity, and look what a failure that was.

Time will tell. And, hey, at least they're keeping the SG-1/SGA sets intact :D
By Colonel_Carter
Yes, there's still the Set Tours to make money on with those ;)

Personally, I don't see that producers need to aim shows like Stargate Universe at a specifically younger audience. My friends and I all watched various sci-fi related shows from a young age and none of them were produced solely for our age/generation.

There is the fantasy/imagination aspect of sci-fi that will always capture a young persons interest, if that's what they are interested in. I'm just hoping that it doesn't turn into more of a Space Opera (heard that phrase somewhere else, thought it sat well).

Remember those scenes from 200? The young versions of SG-1? Please ... no!!! :lol:
By Colonel_Carter
It gets my vote!

Call me superficial, but its sparkly and purple - ticks my boxes ;) :D

The Vineland Public Library is looking for Stargat[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

Completely redesigned the palm crystal and frame. […]