Stargate Props and Costumes

Welcome to the Internet's largest community dedicated to the props and costumes of Stargate.

Talk about the costumes used throughout Stargate SG1, Stargate Atlantis, and Stargate Universe. Share your original costumes or get help with your cosplay!
By goose1977
Does anyone know what brand and where I can find the desert vests and holsters that SG-1 uses?
By SG Merc
Most available info is on the link that thinkbui gave.

The best jacket is certainly the MA-1 because they are inexpensive and accurate. The kicker is that you have to find one. The other jacket they used in the show was made by the costume department at MGM, so it isn't available as an actual product (except for fan versions).

Try emailing Robert at thevestguy.com and see if he has any vests. A long time ago he was commissioned to make them by/for some fans, but I don't remember if his project went through or not (they're not currently on his site anyway).

I do believe they used a different holster than the Omega VI. though. It should be a MOLLE holster. The Omega VI would SUFFICE, but you would have to add two mag pouches to the side to be accurate. I can do more research when I'm awake.
By Hirogen
I am so tempted to start a desert offworld uniform. But you weren't kidding, I just did a quick search and that MA-1 Desert jacket is impossible to find!
By Hirogen
When did SG-1 stop using the Ma-1 and swtich to the custom WEP?
I might have a line on a MA-1 but can't decide if I want to purchase that or save up to get a custom desert WEP (the custom WEP is MUCH more).
By SG Merc
SG-1 itself used the MA-1 through season 4, and only switched over to the custom G8 WEP at the end of that season (Exodus is when the desert WEP was introduced I believe).

But, even after SG-1 switched to the WEP other characters (most notably scientists Coombs and Felger) continued to use the MA-1 throughout the series.

I've owned desert camo MA-1s, and can attest that it's a nice jacket.
By Hirogen
The more I think about it, the more I think I am going to get the MA-1 if possible. Did yours come with the orange liner? How easy is that to replace?
By SG Merc
All of the MA-1s that I've used had the reversible orange liner. I never attempted to replace it, but then again I wouldn't trust myself to do so! Any seamstress could do though it I would imagine.

The Vineland Public Library is looking for Stargat[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

Completely redesigned the palm crystal and frame. […]