Stargate Props and Costumes

Welcome to the Internet's largest community dedicated to the props and costumes of Stargate.

Talk about the costumes used throughout Stargate SG1, Stargate Atlantis, and Stargate Universe. Share your original costumes or get help with your cosplay!
By SG1Niner
Just gotta give my "props" out to the campers out at Gibson and Barnes...I just received my black set of jackets and they're AWESOME!
By SG Merc
Sweet! What jacket did you order, the G8 Wep?

Get some photos up :D
By SG1Niner
Initially I did get the WEP-G8 but then found out they have a "Custom WEP" that is the SG1 WEP. I kinda went nuts, crazy, bought the farm on this one and got the light weight and winter weight in black and OD. My black set just arrived...the ONLY thing I don't like is this little tiny "G-B" tag, for Gibson-Barnes, on the left pocket...you can hardly see it on the black but I emailed the sales contact and he said he would have the tag removed on my OD order.

Very good people to work with, and for this special order WEP you work with a gentleman by the name of Jeremy. If you'd like I can post his contact information...just let me know!
By Hirogen
I am considering getting an OD SG jacket from them. I bought a black one back in 2005 that I was happy with and that was before the SG jacket was available. How much was each jacket and how long did it take to receive one? I am taking a trip to Chicago in October, it would be nice to get it before then.
By SG1Niner
Good evening camper!

theres the light weight for 188 and the thinsulate for 208. At least that was the pricing last year.

You want to contact Jeremy. His email is [email protected]. He handles the SG1 orders.

ONE THING TO NOTE!!! The sleeve patches DO NOT come with the "X" stitching. If you want it you will need to specify this. I keep looking at my sleeves and I've become 'okay' with the "O" stitching.

As for how long it takes I think it took 6 to 8 weeks. Since it's mid-Sept I'd get an email off to Jeremy and see what he can do for you.

Hope this helps.

SG1 9r
By Hirogen
SG1Niner wrote:Good evening camper!

theres the light weight for 188 and the thinsulate for 208. At least that was the pricing last year.

You want to contact Jeremy. His email is [email protected]. He handles the SG1 orders.

ONE THING TO NOTE!!! The sleeve patches DO NOT come with the "X" stitching. If you want it you will need to specify this. I keep looking at my sleeves and I've become 'okay' with the "O" stitching.

As for how long it takes I think it took 6 to 8 weeks. Since it's mid-Sept I'd get an email off to Jeremy and see what he can do for you.

Hope this helps.

SG1 9r
I will be calling him this week to place an order. Did the jacket come with a pocket on the inside? Did the inside of the jacket have the diamond pattern?
By SG1Niner
No, there's no pocket on the inside and that can't replicate the diamond pattern.

I have another jacket, not SG related, that has the diamond pattern and it started to thread, so it's not really a diamond pattern anymore. After seeing my jacket doing this I'm glad my SG1 jacket doesn't have the diamond pattern.
By Hirogen
SG1Niner wrote:No, there's no pocket on the inside and that can't replicate the diamond pattern.

I have another jacket, not SG related, that has the diamond pattern and it started to thread, so it's not really a diamond pattern anymore. After seeing my jacket doing this I'm glad my SG1 jacket doesn't have the diamond pattern.
Yeah, it doesn't matter to me about the diamond pattern but I would like to get a pocket on the inside.
By SG1Niner
Since they're a custom made jacket I don't see why not. Let us know what they have to say.
By SG Merc
I was going to order one of these, but had to order from a different company due to G&B having a backorder.

From the emails I exchanged with Jeremy, he did seem able to have some custom stuff changed from jacket to jacket. As SG1Niner says, they are custom made after all.

I would love to get more feedback on these though. I would like to add a review with photos to the site at some point. There's a couple different jackets out there, so it'd be a good resource to have an outside source (i.e. SG1Props) do a low down.
By SG1Niner
I used to see a guy in Poland on EBay from time to time. Are there other companies out there who make the jackets? Who are they?
By SG Merc
At the moment I believe Dan Kim of Scifi Hero is the only other one who has recently had a run of jackets made.

At one time MGM was also selling a bunch that Flightsuits.com (Gibson and Barnes) had made for them. There were some sellers on eBay, and at one point there was a website set up called StargateJackets(.com) - but I believe that website was proven to be a fraud, and never actually had any jackets produced.

I've personally seen all of these except for the new ones from G&B.
By Hirogen
Well, I decided to purchase an OD jacket from Gibson and Barnes. I would like to have purchased from Dan but it came down to the price for me. Just so everyone knows, the jackets come as is, no pockets on the inside etc.
By SG Merc
I would imagine you could have a pocket put in by a seamstress for a fair price. Heck, you can even pick up vest type liners from surplus stores if you wanted.

Let us know how you like the new jacket when it arrives.
By Smiley
Woohoo, i went and found the jackets you've been talking about, they actually look pretty good, too bad i already gots one... still gotta go and find some pants to go with it though... thinking of taking it into a uniform shop i've used a few times for things, they might have some or could make some.. i hope :P
By Hirogen
Got my jacket and it looks great although, they didn't put the BDU style buttons on it or the x stitching on the circle velcro. I am pretty sure the circle velcro comes with x stitching on the show. Did anyone else get the wrong buttons with this jacket? The pdf file they gave me clearly shows the correct buttons.
By SG1Niner
wrong buttons??? really? what did you get and what are they supposed to be?
By Hirogen
Well, the BDU buttons are found on BDU shorts and pants. They are raised up and inward in the middle instead of a normal button that has the outer edge and goes down in the center. I don't really know how to explain it. I basically received larger normal type buttons in place of the BDU buttons.
By SG1Niner
to be honest - I haven't looked at my buttons that closely. :?
By SG Merc
When I emailed them awhile back they said they didn't have BDU buttons, so couldn't replace them. Who knows what they had pictured in the PDF. Chances are it was a prototype jacket from when they were originally commissioned to make screen accurate jackets.

But it isn't hard to get the proper buttons, and they're easy enough to switch out for the sewing inclined.

Stitching an X onto the Velcro patch probably won't be as easy. But it should be doable (probably easiest if you have a sewing machine though).
By SG1Niner
[SG1Niner looking at his damaged thumbs...] Yeah a sewing machine is best...a needle and a thimble just doesn't cut it!
By Hirogen
Overall, I am happy with the jacket. I will post pics this weekend.
By SG Merc
Hirogen wrote:Overall, I am happy with the jacket. I will post pics this weekend.
Use the image library here on SG1Props if you need :D
By Hirogen
Well it's a bit late but here are the pics,
This is the jacket, you can see it does not have the diamond pattern on the inside,

This image shows the collar with the wrong buttons,

This image is my black mountain cloth WEP from 2005 or 2006. You can see a few differences, I did the Velcro myself and added no nametag, the patch on the left arm is up too high and the zipper is gold, however it does come with a pocket on the inside which is great.

This last pic shows my black WEP with the correct buttons that I added,

Overall, I am happy with my new OD offworld SG-1 jacket.
By SG1Niner
Nice pix! Thx!

The Vineland Public Library is looking for Stargat[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

Completely redesigned the palm crystal and frame. […]