Stargate Props and Costumes

Welcome to the Internet's largest community dedicated to the props and costumes of Stargate.

Talk about the costumes used throughout Stargate SG1, Stargate Atlantis, and Stargate Universe. Share your original costumes or get help with your cosplay!
By SG Merc
Very very nice!

They've definitely come a long way with the OD jacket compared to the black one. In fact, the buttons are really the only visible part which isn't correct. But hey, they're also the easiest to fix.

Have you matched the OD to any BDUs yet? Any success stories or problems?
By Hirogen
SG Merc wrote:Very very nice!

They've definitely come a long way with the OD jacket compared to the black one. In fact, the buttons are really the only visible part which isn't correct. But hey, they're also the easiest to fix.

Have you matched the OD to any BDUs yet? Any success stories or problems?
I have not. I think I read that the Tru Spec bdus work best but I will have to verify that. I do know that Propper is a different green than the jacket.
By SG Merc
Hirogen wrote:I think I read that the Tru Spec bdus work best but I will have to verify that. I do know that Propper is a different green than the jacket.
Let us know when you find a good match. If you have any local surplus stores or law enforcement outfitters you could try bringing your jacket in and seeing if it matches anything. I've done this before, and at a minimum it might rule out one brand and save you spending $30 on the wrong match.
By SG1Niner
The man does not lie! I have a set of OD BDU's. But they're more "O" than "D"! For crying out loud!
By Mike272
Nice! :D
By SG1Niner
Hey everyone...what is the size of the USAF patch supposed to be? 2 1/2 inches or 3???

A buddy of mine got me the patches for Christmas and the only one that seems to be the wrong size is the USAF one...did Gibson/Barnes put on the wrong patch size, or is there a 2 1/2 inch patch out there somewhere?

THANKS!
By SG Merc
Most of the fan made patches are 3 inch, but a quick search on eBay revealed at least one 2.5 inch version. Here is the auction if you want to take a look at it.
By SG1Niner
Thanks for the link! I sent the seller a question to confirm the size...because the one I just bought was listed as a 2 1/2 inch patch and when it arrived yesterday...it was the 3 inch patch. :(

I'll let you know how I make out - thanks again!
By Colonel_Carter
SG Merc wrote:Most of the fan made patches are 3 inch, but a quick search on eBay revealed at least one 2.5 inch version. Here is the auction if you want to take a look at it.
Are those the Vala versions? ;) :)
By SG Merc
Colonel_Carter wrote:
SG Merc wrote:Most of the fan made patches are 3 inch, but a quick search on eBay revealed at least one 2.5 inch version. Here is the auction if you want to take a look at it.
Are those the Vala versions? ;) :)
Now that you mention it, they're not quite that small. You might have to have those specially made - along with the jacket :D
By Gmechanic
wonder if I can get them to make a desert camo MA1. I'll let you guys know how it goes.
By SG1Niner
Hmmmm....always wanted 1! Can't wait to see what you find out.
By Gmechanic
Alright, got the email from Jeremy back and the price for an MA1 in desert camo is $178, the jacket would only be made in cotton-polyester because that's what fabric they use for the 3-color desert camo. I'll be ordering from them sometime around December or January once I get the money saved. It's a pretty decent price and even higher quality (if not the best) from what I've been hearing from people. Flight jackets can easily pass the 100 dollar mark and go as high as the pricing for leather jackets. My problem is, this wouldn't be something I usually would wear, but I would rather save for it and get the MA1 or G8 Wep from G-and-B for 178, than pay 79 bucks for a desert camo jacket that comes secondhand. My opinion anyway.
By SG1Niner
Make sure you ask for the "X's" in the velcro patches! my shoulder patches don't have the X's...which I don't mind...for the most part. They are a great jacket! :)
By SG Merc
Keep in mind that SG-1 used both the MA1 and G8 for the tri-color desert jacket. So either one would be screen accurate :D

The Vineland Public Library is looking for Stargat[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

Completely redesigned the palm crystal and frame. […]