Stargate Props and Costumes

Welcome to the Internet's largest community dedicated to the props and costumes of Stargate.

Talk about the costumes used throughout Stargate SG1, Stargate Atlantis, and Stargate Universe. Share your original costumes or get help with your cosplay!
By stargate780
I found this website where you can get tailor made stargate costumes.
http://cosplaysky.com/stargate-sg1-jack ... acket.html
I did want to get this jacket at some point but some things are bugging me.
1. It looks to light in colour
2. The pockets look like they are in the wrong position
I just wondered if anyone could tell me how screen accurate this reproduction is :D.
By shifty
if your going to get a sg1 jacket, theres only one place to get it from.. go talk to dan at scifihero.com he has the most screen accurate, quality jackets you can buy. there a tiny bit expensive, but well worth every cent. you cant go wrong.

i speak from experience having just got one myself.
By Stitch
stargate780 wrote:I found this website where you can get tailor made stargate costumes.
http://cosplaysky.com/stargate-sg1-jack ... acket.html
I did want to get this jacket at some point but some things are bugging me.
1. It looks to light in colour
2. The pockets look like they are in the wrong position
I just wondered if anyone could tell me how screen accurate this reproduction is :D.
Sorry, but their stuff is crap and totally wrong!!!!

Talk to Dan @ SFH, if he does not have your size in stock then let me know, I can do special order for you!

http://www.stitchsloft.com/
By CanopyFive
I've recently purchased a SG-1 team jacket from Gibson & Barnes, aka flightsuits.com. It's taken years for me to find the jacket as I don't have to time or patience to make one from scratch. I've looked at literally dozens of imitations and wannabe "SG-1 Team Jackets" made by costumers and other companies selling something similar and trying to pass it off as a true replica. I thought for the sake of other fans who don't mind spending a little coin to get a truly authentic looking SG-1 team jacket that I'd share my experience. Also, for those out there comparing the "shiny" and "non-shiny" jackets, I thought I'd point out that in the show, the material that the costumes are mare of is called "ripstop". It's the fabric that is used for military apparel as it's very durable and tough. Servicemen and women will know this material well.

I couldn't find a scifihero.com but I did find a jacket on the Gibson & Barnes website that looks very much like the SG-1 jacket (see the link below). The mountain cloth is a "flat" fabric that will not have the shininess of a lot second-hand flight jackets but it's not "true" Olive Drab and it's not the ripstop material they use in the show.

When I called them to ask about mounting the velcro for the patches I was informed by a very helpful fellow named Jeremy that they had had one of the show's costume jackets in the shop a few years ago and were able to make patterns off of it including the proper size and placement of the velcro for patches as seen in later seasons when they started wearing the Air Force patch under the unit patch. I would imagine that because they cannot advertise them as official SG-1 replicas they don't put this special order jacket on their website.

The jacket I bought is made of the very durable ripstop material I mentioned before. It comes with the velcro, both jacket and patch side attached (4" round for the unit patch, 3" round for the Air Force patch under it on the right shoulder, and the 3.5" round patch for the Earth path on the left shoulder) and is available with the thinsulate material to be worn as a coat (thinsulate is amazing btw, lightweight and incredibly warm) or as just the shell without the thinsulate to be worn as simply a costume or light jacket. I bought the one with the thinsulate because I wanted to wear it as a coat and I am incredibly pleased with my purchase. I believe it was around $230 shipped but it was worth every penny.

The only thing that is "wrong" with it is that the collar is not made of the "right" material, but for the purposes of costuming it would be hardly noticeable and it really doesn't bother me in the slightest. I was completely impressed with the service i received from Gibson & Barnes and more than pleased with the purchase. And because the jacket comes with both sides of the velcro, from BDU to jacket, I only had to sew one set of patches to the velcro and can just rip them off of one and attach them to the other.

I hope this has helped or will help future costumers or just fans of the show that are interested in sporting an SG-1-like team jacket.

http://www.gibson-barnes.com/WEP_A+Moun ... rod_id/76/
By SG Merc
Thanks for sharing your experience with Gibson and Barnes. Most people seem to be perfectly satisfied with their replica jackets.
By Stitch
WE are starting the run of Desert jackets soon... These will be made correctly and we are even trying to color match the satin material inside. The color is bit odd and we may have to go with slightly different color on the liner, but these are going to be some work since I am working with 3 vendors to get everything to just get them made!

http://www.stitchsloft.com/loft/sg-1-of ... sert-camo/

The Vineland Public Library is looking for Stargat[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

Completely redesigned the palm crystal and frame. […]