Stargate Props and Costumes

Welcome to the Internet's largest community dedicated to the props and costumes of Stargate.

Talk about the costumes used throughout Stargate SG1, Stargate Atlantis, and Stargate Universe. Share your original costumes or get help with your cosplay!
I haven't posted on the board in a while so I feel a little guilty about doing it now with a advertisement but this has always been my favorite forum and I think some of you may be interested in knowing.

We are selling a real piece of the stargate on auction on eBay this
week. We also have other original costumes and props including a
black Jack O'Neill shirt starting at $199.99, a Richard Dean Anderson
autographed framed iris, a replicator wall section and much more!!
Please check them out as well as our store. Please note, some of
these items will not be relisted even if there are no bids. At these
prices if someone doesn't buy them, I'll keep them. So please take this once of a lifetime opportunity to own a piece of Stargate history.

Here's a link directly to the Stargate stuff and other movie props:

http://entertainment-memorabilia.search ... xzorin2008

or if you just want to look around the store:

http://stores.ebay.com/ZORINS-WILD-BUNCH-TRADING-POST
By SG Merc
I had come across your auctions already actually, and was tempted. You have some VERY nice costume pieces.

Amazing prices too.

I'm gonna watch some of your stuff as I balance my finances :D
By Mike272
Wow! :)

Amazing stuff and prices!!

Wish my pocket book had some more padding for this kind of stuff.... :cry:
By olie5
My auction didn't go very well. The Jack O Neill shirt actually went for 199! I've seen his hats go for $700! What am I doing wrong? :oops:
Last edited by olie5 on Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Colonel_Carter
You might want to have a reserved price if you're after a specific 'minimum' sale amount.

I've always been told good photos are the way to go, and multiple ones on the auction page if you can afford it.

Do you have certificates of authenticity from anywhere? They always help if its from an official source.

Hope that might help :)
By olie5
I have COAs from MGM.

Yes that is all very good advice. I actually use a special deal on photos so I can include 3 or 4 of the item and 2 or 3 screencaps and a picture of the COA on everything for like $10 a month. It's really a very good deal when you have a lot to sell.

I would use reserve prices but I can't even get people to bid the minimums. Is everyone just out of money?

Must be, I know I am or I wouldn't sell this stuff. I never thought when I won that piece of the stargate I have from Continuum that I'd ever sell it. I probably the coolest piece I have. It's about a 2 foot arc from the outer rim.
By SG Merc
From my observations, Stargate props seem to fetch less during "down times" when there isn't a studio auction going on. But still I'm quite taken aback by this too. I was interested in your Eurondan costume, and had been watching it. As typical of me I forgot about it, but I was in awe to see that nobody bid. You could very well be right about everybody being broke.

I dare say that people might be saving their pennies while waiting for the next studio auction. Legends is currently hinting at an upcoming "Ark of Truth" auction etc..
By olie5
I know. I don't have any money for the movie auction. I don't think I can't sell during their auction though do you? It's not on eBay. Noone will be looking there.

I don't know what to do.
By Colonel_Carter
Legends auctions are usually showcased on ebay, though they do also appear on their website.

You can display your auction at the same time they do, that's just healthy competition.

I actually think you'd have more luck selling the piece of the Stargate from Continum whilst such an auction is going on.

From my own experience, I see the inflated ( :? ) prices that Legends charge and can't afford them. But I'm already on ebay by then and will tend to browse. If there's other similar items that seem cheaper, it usually draws me in.

Some other ideas:

Some uniformity to your titles (so they all appear similar) and make them eyecatching too - definitely some capital letters in there.

Maybe you could also design (or get someone to help you design) your sales page so that it looks professional. There is a lot to be said for a good visual sales environment. I've seen lots of sellers who have personalised/professional looking pages.

Finally, timing is everything. Ark of Truth is out and that usually jolts interest. Also try when Continum is released (not sure of the date) and when the new Season of Atlantis starts (rumoured to be July).

Hope this helps :)
By olie5
Yes. Good tips. I'm putting a few more things on auction today for 10 days. But most things I'm holding onto or just have in the store for now. There is a jacob carter piece that I think is spectacular. Anyways.. Thanks for all the advise. My next big auction will take as much of this into account as possible. Do check out my stuff on this auction though... if you have time. Maybe you all can make suggestions will it's in effect.

Thanks again
olie5
By Colonel_Carter
Do remember to come back and let us know when you're starting a new auction.

Oooh a Jacob Carter piece? You see, Im intrigued already :)
By olie5
I'm starting a new 10 day auction tonight. The Jacob Carter piece is an elaborate 3-piece set from Jolnar's Memories/ The Devil You Know. I think I'm going to start it at $250. It's studio weathered of course, if you remember he wasn't in the best shape in those episodes.

Man I sound like I'm advertising again! :oops: Do look at my auctions tomorrow and give me your opinion on the format. I'll try to make these more buyer friendly and take all your guys good advice! Thanks again.

olie5

ebayid: maxzorin2008
By SG Merc
olie5,

I don't see any reason why your stuff wouldn't sell at those prices. $200 for a hero costume is a good deal no matter how you look at it.

Unfortunately the memorabilia market is very unpredictable in terms of the value of props, costumes, and pretty much any other kind of collectible. Sometimes the market just has dull points, and then goes back up again. So you might want to hang onto your more valuable pieces until the demand is back.

Best of luck!
By olie5
Thanks again sgmerc. I never really planned on offering any of this for these prices but I'm not stubborn and when I need the cash I'm not above making a really good deal available, I know a lot of people can't afford the prices people like me pay. thanks again.

The Vineland Public Library is looking for Stargat[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

Completely redesigned the palm crystal and frame. […]