Stargate Props and Costumes

Welcome to the Internet's largest community dedicated to the props and costumes of Stargate.

Talk about the costumes used throughout Stargate SG1, Stargate Atlantis, and Stargate Universe. Share your original costumes or get help with your cosplay!
By shifty
g'day, thought id drop you a few lines, about the SGA costume im doing for Dragoncon this year. im not actually going as any particular member of the expedition,but basing my costume on sheppards, and just adding an aussie flag patch.

i give due credit here to the people at sg-com, i used there uniform guides to put this together.

i thought this would be a cheap and easy option, for a costume, after spending $400 on a han solo outfit for last year, but it just seemed to grow and grow with a life of its own. and what made it harder, was i had to order everything from the states, we just dont seem to have anything here in oz.

first of all i got the magnum boots, i went for the 6" instead of 8", mainly from price, the bdu's i got from bdu.com, i ended up ordering twice, i used there measuring chart to do my sizes, and ended up with a shirt big enough to hide a stargate, and pants that you could hide the prometheus in!, us sizes are so much different to here!(of course i couldnt have made a mistake! :lol: )
i looked at getting the blackhawk holster, but again price stopped me, i picked up a decent holster off ebay for 6 bucks.

a pistol was the next thing..since airsoft, is illegal here, i couldnt buy one of them, however i did find a colt 1911, toy gun at toys'r'us, for 10 bucks, and after painting it gun metal, it looks ok. (i know sheppard used a beretta, but on one of the wiki sites it says he switched to the 1911, cause of the better stopping power.)

got a nice pistol belt for 7 bucks off ebay, and for ages i looked for velcro badges, but couldnt find any, so i got an iron on atlantis and australia badge. murphys law kicked in again and about a week later i found velcro badges, which i ordered. got a fake knife from evike.com , for 9 bucks, and a water bottle for $10.

ive ordered a couple of clips and fake ammo for the spare pouch on the holster, which i had to send to a mates place in the US, since its illegal to have anything like that here (except with a gun license)

last, least i thought it was last, i ordered a set of the aviator glasses sheppard wears, 12 bucks on ebay . and i got a set of dog tags with stamping for 5 bucks on ebay as well

so thinking i had it all, and was just waiting for it to be delivered, a friend of mine saw a pic of sheppard, and said, mate..you HAVE to get the vest..so after checking pictures, i found an omega vest on ebay for $75.

the shipping killed me on this, i reckon it cost more than the total cost of the costume.

i know some things wont be entirely screen accurate, but i thought that just as in real life, diff people would have slightly diff set ups, to accommodate there own tastes.

now im just waiting for it all to arrive..ill post pics of the finished product from dragoncon in a few weeks
By shifty
ok..i forgot about the walkie talkies!! they just arrived today. i couldnt get the ones they have on the show..to expensive, but the folks over at sg-com reckon that people have used midland radios as a substitute. so i got a pair of ebay again for 10 bucks..ive cut a hole in the vest pocket to slip the radio attena through.. i dont think you can tell the diff
By shifty
ok..the patches arrived from blue tiger trading today...excellent quality, and a good price..now just to put it all together
By SG Merc
Nice overview of your costume, shifty.

You demonstrate that Stargate costuming can be done inexpensively if one shops around for the best deal. Not only is there used surplus for some of this stuff, but there are a lot of companies which make cheaper versions of Blackhawk type gear for airsoft use. Some of these cheaper versions are even used on the screen! One of the recent Propworx auctions for a tactical vest cite it as being made by Condor -- a Chinese company which makes knockoff tactical gear for airsoft use.

Your 1911 is indeed accurate for Sheppard as well. Good price on that.
By shifty
Well I'm just waiting for my sga headset. And today I picked up a omega VI holster of eBay for $17!! Guess who's a happy chappy!!

Next on the agenda is one of sg mercs p90's when I can afford it!! ( very soon hopefully!)

The Vineland Public Library is looking for Stargat[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

Completely redesigned the palm crystal and frame. […]