Stargate Props and Costumes

Welcome to the Internet's largest community dedicated to the props and costumes of Stargate.

Talk about the costumes used throughout Stargate SG1, Stargate Atlantis, and Stargate Universe. Share your original costumes or get help with your cosplay!
By Mike272
Hello, I'm new here, anyway, great site! :D I'm a huge SGA fan, but SG-1 is pretty good too.

Does anyone know anything about the blue BDU's the team wears in Stargate Atlantis? (i.e. what company manufactures them, where I can get a hold of set, etc.)

Thanks,
M!
By SG Merc
Hi Mike, welcome to the site!

The uniforms on Atlantis are custom made for the show, so unfortunately are not available to buy. You can however buy the pieces-parts and make custom make one like the studio does.

I think they use a Dickies brand work jacket on the show as the base, and then custom stitch the colored panels. The trick is to find which jacket makes the best candidate for a conversion.

And for the trousers, I've seen them use standard BDUs.
By Mike272
OK, cool thanks. :D
By Mike272
Really nice site, by the way! :D

To bad there aren't more users....
By SG Merc
Mike272 wrote:Really nice site, by the way! :D

To bad there aren't more users....
Thanks Mike, I appreciate that.

The forums have only been running for a couple of months (and the rest of the website is getting a lot of hits), so it is slowly growing, but we definitely need more people.
By Mike272
I see. Cool. :)
By LtColJónsson
Mike272 wrote:Hello, I'm new here, anyway, great site! :D I'm a huge SGA fan, but SG-1 is pretty good too.

Does anyone know anything about the blue BDU's the team wears in Stargate Atlantis? (i.e. what company manufactures them, where I can get a hold of set, etc.)

Thanks,
M!
The new Atlantis uniforms are black, they wear standard black BDU´s I´m pretty sure the brand they use is Propper. The shirt Sheppard wears is the standard two pocket black BDU shirt, and the vest they use, is the Black Hawk Omega 1 assault vest.
By SG Merc
LtColJónsson wrote:The new Atlantis uniforms are black, they wear standard black BDU´s I´m pretty sure the brand they use is Propper. The shirt Sheppard wears is the standard two pocket black BDU shirt, and the vest they use, is the Black Hawk Omega 1 assault vest.
Good info!

Do you have any information on the leather bomber jacket they use?
By LtColJónsson
SG Merc wrote:
LtColJónsson wrote:The new Atlantis uniforms are black, they wear standard black BDU´s I´m pretty sure the brand they use is Propper. The shirt Sheppard wears is the standard two pocket black BDU shirt, and the vest they use, is the Black Hawk Omega 1 assault vest.
Good info!

Do you have any information on the leather bomber jacket they use?
The black leather jackets? I´m not sure, but I think the leather jackets are custom made, normally it would not go with the regular uniform, but since Sheppard is the highest ranking officer in Atlantis, (Caldwall is higher, but he´s not incharge of Atlantis), he can choose some persoanl additions, the leather jackets they wear in Atlantis are custom made. But O´m sure if you look around enough you´ll find one like it, I´ll look around, and post some links if I find anymore.
By SG Merc
LtColJónsson wrote:
SG Merc wrote:Do you have any information on the leather bomber jacket they use?
The black leather jackets? I´m not sure, but I think the leather jackets are custom made, normally it would not go with the regular uniform, but since Sheppard is the highest ranking officer in Atlantis, (Caldwall is higher, but he´s not incharge of Atlantis), he can choose some persoanl additions, the leather jackets they wear in Atlantis are custom made. But O´m sure if you look around enough you´ll find one like it, I´ll look around, and post some links if I find anymore.
You're probably right about them being custom made. Almost everything the main characters wear seems to be a product of the Bridge costume department.

They're very nice though, and it'd be cool to see some fan made reproductions.
By Colonel_Carter
I'm certainly keeping my eye out for anything I see that resembles them - they're brilliant.

Though I did think that Colonel Carter outranked Sheppard, if only through seniority through length of service?
By SG Merc
Colonel_Carter wrote:Though I did think that Colonel Carter outranked Sheppard, if only through seniority through length of service?
Yes, I believe Carter was promoted to Lt Col before Sheppard, which would give her seniority.

The Vineland Public Library is looking for Stargat[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

Completely redesigned the palm crystal and frame. […]