Stargate Props and Costumes

Welcome to the Internet's largest community dedicated to the props and costumes of Stargate.

Talk about the costumes used throughout Stargate SG1, Stargate Atlantis, and Stargate Universe. Share your original costumes or get help with your cosplay!
By SG1Niner
Hey kids!

there 'was' another site selling Jack's mission cap. Something went wrong and they closed the store.

So! Does anyone know where to find Jack's cap? The other site had the black one and a tan one...wonder why they never did Jack's olive drab one???

I'd like to get my hands on an OD one...anyone out there have any suggestions.

THANKS!
By SG Merc
From my understanding there never was an actual OD hat. Rather, Jack's ball cap was more of a light brown/taupe color that looked olive under the studio lights.

Check out this picture to see the difference in color between his cap and his olive drab BDUs.

Blank ball caps are readily available from wholesale sites that sell them to be embroidered with company logos etc. All you have to do is find one with the correct features.

Here's an image of Jack's cap up close. From this we can see that it's made up of six panels, has double stitching, and has no eyelet/air holes.

And in this photo we see that the cap is adjustable with a buckle (on the left side of the cap).

This looks like the cap here, and it would just be a matter of picking the right color. But there's a LOT of other websites selling caps in bulk ... so it could be worth looking around before ordering a bunch.
By Hirogen
I bought a black cap from Lids a while ago and it looks pretty good, but finding a Taupe one has proven quite difficult. I remeber the store that sold Jack's cap but I have a feeling that won't be coming back. If anyone finds a decent match let everyone know.
By Hirogen
I bought a black cap from Lids a while ago and it looks pretty good, but finding a Taupe one has proven quite difficult. I remember the store that sold Jack's cap but I have a feeling that won't be coming back. If anyone finds a decent match let everyone know.
By SG1Niner
You want to check with Bill at Mainriver.ca

http://www.mainriver.ca/products-hat-bag.html#

You're going to have to buy a more than one...I think the minimum order is either 6 or 10...but they did have the black and taupe.

He's not the most responsive, so be prepared to follow-up a few times but all in all I'm very happy with the hats I got from this site. The 2 key things about this model is there are NO EYELETS and the clasp is on the left hand side.
By Hirogen
SG1Niner wrote:You want to check with Bill at Mainriver.ca

http://www.mainriver.ca/products-hat-bag.html#

You're going to have to buy a more than one...I think the minimum order is either 6 or 10...but they did have the black and taupe.

He's not the most responsive, so be prepared to follow-up a few times but all in all I'm very happy with the hats I got from this site. The 2 key things about this model is there are NO EYELETS and the clasp is on the left hand side.
That's great..how much did it run you?
By SG Merc
Looks like a decent substitute at the Mainriver site SG1Niner.

I have a lead on what could turn out to be some hats from the original manufacturer, but since I don't know if it's going to work out or not yet I'm not going to make any promises.
By SG1Niner
Cool! If your lead pans out I'm in on buying a few!
By Hirogen
SG1Niner wrote:Cool! If your lead pans out I'm in on buying a few!
As will I, let us know your progress.
By SG1Niner
Hirogen! I missed where you asked how much. Last year he charged $5 [Canadian]. You just had to order 10. You can mix and match the colors, so that wasn't too bad. I'm VERY HAPPY with my black and taupe. I wear the taupe more. Did I say I was happy with the caps?
By Hirogen
SG1Niner wrote:Hirogen! I missed where you asked how much. Last year he charged $5 [Canadian]. You just had to order 10. You can mix and match the colors, so that wasn't too bad. I'm VERY HAPPY with my black and taupe. I wear the taupe more. Did I say I was happy with the caps?
Oh, no problem!
By SG Merc
I've bought from that seller on eBay before. Those very hats in fact. I can recommend them.

Unfortunately my own hat project has been put on hiatus until my finances improve. But there's something out there for the time being anyway!
By Hirogen
Hey SG Merc that's a great auction. I was at Walmart the other day and found a Taupe colored hat for $5! It does have vent holes and the buckle is on the left but hey, can't go wrong for $5! I will post a pic later.
By Stitch
I have the LAST ten caps that are believed to be the real real... I got these hats from woman that purchased them at a auction and are believed to have been the real hats made by Merkley Headgear when they were bought out by another company and the new company no longer wanted to produce this style.

She had no idea who Merkley was and the story was too close to what sounded like what happened to Merklry so I bought all of them from her!

So I possibly have the LAST ten Black ones left in the world that are screen accurate.
http://www.stitchsloft.com/loft/sg-1-ba ... hat-black/

I also have the Olive Brown (Taupe) Caps as well... Plenty of those!
http://www.stitchsloft.com/loft/sg-1-ba ... hat-taupe/
By SG1Niner
Hi - what color is the headband inside the taupe cap?

THANKS!
By Stitch
SG1Niner wrote:Hi - what color is the headband inside the taupe cap?

THANKS!
White...

The Vineland Public Library is looking for Stargat[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

Completely redesigned the palm crystal and frame. […]