Stargate Props and Costumes

Welcome to the Internet's largest community dedicated to the props and costumes of Stargate.

Talk about the costumes used throughout Stargate SG1, Stargate Atlantis, and Stargate Universe. Share your original costumes or get help with your cosplay!
As from here http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=67764

Hey all,

Well..as continuing on from the armor thread. As soon as current paid work with the studio is done my friend and his workmates are really interested in doing an accurate version of both the TV series Serpent Guard Helmet and Movie version of Anubis/Horus Helmets.

The catch they reckon they should have the sculpt done in late November/early December.

We went through alot of things and will be making a more accurate version of the serpent guard with more crisp details fitting in with all the reference pics of screen used pieces we have. Especially with me on the side gunning for accuracy :P
Image from PIH Auction just to show what we will be aiming for

They are looking at the Serpent Guard helmet first and then hit the Horus helmet.

Image from Jaffalegions of what we will be aiming for

If you are interested place your name here, like the other thread theres no commitment just so we can get an idea on numbers and things will be updated as i get information, could be a few months but might aswell get it out there now.

A ready date is a bit far off. They have approx 3 months left on the current projects within the studio, once they are done they will get working on the sculpt and said they should have one by late nov/early december. A long wait, i know but in the mean time ill be researching, getting sizes, reference etc to make it the most accurate as possible and we are hoping by announcing it now it gives people time who are interested to save if need be (there won't be any deposit or such needed when the time comes, they will be just ready to go if people are interested)
Might be interested depending on the helmet ... and if I can find room :shock:

Regardless, I would be happy to help connect you with folks interested. As the project takes shape, let me know if you're interested in running any articles on the site. I can always use extra articles and tutorials, and it would get more exposure than the forums.
Cyberpred wrote:Hi

I was told you were the person to contact. I am looking for the Serpent Helmet, Horus and Anubis Helmets.

Can you please respond to [email protected]?

Cary :mrgreen:
I don't know if he has started on the helmets yet. Your best bet is to keep an eye on the board and wait for updates.
Thanks for the interest everyone. I have been updating forums and have been slow getting around them. You are already on the list cyberpred:) and of course a space reserved for yourself Merc and thanks for the offer. I will be taking you up on that as things progress.

It should be November when they start the sculpts (they finish work on the current season around then) and will more than likely be starting with the Horus and Anubis. I have already had a very generous offer of an Anubis head piece (the face if you will) that has been cast off an original to use so that will make things alot better in terms of accuracy. I also hope to be taking alot of progress pics and will try and document it the best i can. Same goes for the armor :)

Ill be in touch with them today, then will be away in LA for 2 weeks and will hopefully have some updates in a few weeks when I am back. Am really looking forward to this myself
Just so everyone interested knows, I've decided to take up the mantle of this project. Thanks very much to Karl for this.

I'm about 80% done with the shaping, and am in the midst of the "engraving" which will take up the most time.

I've spoken with a master fibreglass man that is interested in doing the molds and will also do the copies.

I'll post some progress pics soon.

Brandon
brandomack wrote:Just so everyone interested knows, I've decided to take up the mantle of this project. Thanks very much to Karl for this.

I'm about 80% done with the shaping, and am in the midst of the "engraving" which will take up the most time.

I've spoken with a master fibreglass man that is interested in doing the molds and will also do the copies.

I'll post some progress pics soon.

Brandon
Less talk more pictures! LOL

The Vineland Public Library is looking for Stargat[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

Completely redesigned the palm crystal and frame. […]