Stargate Props and Costumes

Welcome to the Internet's largest community dedicated to the props and costumes of Stargate.

Talk about the costumes used throughout Stargate SG1, Stargate Atlantis, and Stargate Universe. Share your original costumes or get help with your cosplay!
By kwalsh000
To keep things simple i copied and pasted from my rpf post..yes..lazy i know :D

A bit of an update. Far from finished though. Still need to get the leather type material that goes over the maille and forms a 'skirt' of sorts. Need to make a sheath for the dagger and colour the handle amber to make it screen accurate and one more breast plate aswell.

Screen used pieces:
Collar, Breast Plate, Gauntlets, Shin Armor, Belt (marked as used as part of the Horus Guard armor)
Replica:
Maille, Staff Weapon, Zat and Helmet.

The maille is a cheap galvanised shirt from Ebay. I realised that I did'nt have enough rings for a shirt so have decided to make maille 'shorts' with what I have then use the left over to make maille arm sleeves with the proper rings. The problem with the Ebay shirt is the color (but i drybrushed with GW Boltgun metal as you can see with the brushed patch) and the ring size as below. Its just a temp shirt.

Same type of knife used by the Jaffa throughout the series, the difference being the handle is an amber colour and has a proper sheath (on the to do list)

Same 'loin cloth' material as screen used and the belt was wayyyy to big so alot of velcro was used to make it fit.

and finally pictures...still far from done and not happy with how i repaired the gauntlets and how the helmet sits as it damages the neck piece easily but....

By Tk-Devo
Ahh man I keep saying how cool this is, its motivation for me to get off my butt and get to work on mine!
By SG Merc
Excellent work on the display! Not only an awesome collection, but a stunning way to show it off.

Do you plan to add a Zat holster or cloak?
By kwalsh000
Thanks lads!

Ah it will be a while before i wear it (would have to get the proper knitted faux maille for that) and besides as some of the pieces could be up to ten years old I wouldnt want to put too much pressure on them.

I was actually bidding on a zat wrist holder but it went up into the 500 range (for one piece, without the strings even :P) so left it be. The cloak is actually an idea..you have put it in my head now :D

Still need to get off my mik'tah and work on the ribbing and 'skirt' aswell as mail shorts.
By Tk-Devo
Where do you get the faux mail? I don't think i've ever seen it for sale anywhere!

The Vineland Public Library is looking for Stargat[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

Completely redesigned the palm crystal and frame. […]