Stargate Props and Costumes

Welcome to the Internet's largest community dedicated to the props and costumes of Stargate.

Talk about the costumes used throughout Stargate SG1, Stargate Atlantis, and Stargate Universe. Share your original costumes or get help with your cosplay!
By SG1Niner
Ok, so I NEED the tactical vest. Has anyone ordered the Blackhawk one? If so do the sizes run big/small/true?

I take an XL in the jacket...I just don't want to swim in the vest, nor do I want to lose the ability to breathe that air stuff that's all around us, I think they call it oxygen...but who knows, I've been wrong before.
By SG Merc
I've ordered several.

The Blackhawk Omega vests come in one standard size, but are adjustable in the shoulders and with the side drawstrings. I believe there's a "husky" model, but if you're an XL the standard will do you fine.

Check with these folks LA Police Gear to see if they still have any Omega Medic/Utility (in black) left in stock. They've had them on clearance for $60 for a while, which is a really great price. They also had an Atlantis vest. Not sure what they have left though.
By SG1Niner
D'Oh! They only have the OD color left...and it's not even a nice looking OD, more of like a pea-soup green and that's just wrong...I found on another site the black for $100...well, it's only money, right?! LOL
By Smiley
So annoyed i brought a Tactical vest off eBay and it was one that was spose to come with a radio pouch, these are the pictures that were on eBay:
Image Image

And this is what it's like now that i have it:

It's such a downer i contacted the seller and he said that the supplier has changed it and didn't come with radio pouch anymore, i can't be bothered sending it back so my Mums going to help me make a radio pouch for it :D
By SG Merc
$100 isn't bad for the vest, that's actually what Blackhawk.com is charging right now. They retail for $150, so it's still a good savings.

Smiley, you can buy medic and compass pouches like this, and then just sew it onto the vest. If you decide to make the pouch then you'll want to look online for a place to buy "ballistic nylon", and make it from that material to match your vest :)
By SG1Niner
unfortunately they were sold out. soooo for $112, which still isn't bad, I found ont at copsplus.com. Now comes the hard part...

WAITING FOR IT TO GET HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL
By SG Merc
If you want, post some photos when it arrives 8)
By Hirogen
Doesn't "thevestguy" have ones that are screen accurate? I too need to pick up a vest but I missed the great deal of $60 and can't justify paying more than that for the vest.
By SG Merc
The Vest Guy has them for $120 with the extra pocket added to the right side, and the buckles added to the shoulders.

I don't know if he uses Blackhawk vests, or makes them from scratch himself, but either way you're getting something that you don't have to do any work on so there's a definite advantage.

You might want to try watching ebay for awhile. Blackhawk vests usually sell for under $100. But of course you have to wait for someone to list the correct one.
By Smiley
I'm just gonna go with buying a extra radio pouch and putting it on the vest... not gonna be able to buy a vest with one for the price i got mine so i figure buying an extra pouch and somehow putting that one... meh, might not me screen acurate but mleh! :P
By Hirogen
SG Merc wrote:The Vest Guy has them for $120 with the extra pocket added to the right side, and the buckles added to the shoulders.

I don't know if he uses Blackhawk vests, or makes them from scratch himself, but either way you're getting something that you don't have to do any work on so there's a definite advantage.

You might want to try watching ebay for awhile. Blackhawk vests usually sell for under $100. But of course you have to wait for someone to list the correct one.
Ok, now that I am looking at it, I don't see a difference between a normal Blackhawk and a SG-1 vest from thevestguy. Does anyone know the difference?

Also, I could use some advice, I was thinking about getting the vest (Atlantis style) instead of the Blackhawk Medic one since it was used in Season 7. What do you all think?
Last edited by Hirogen on Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By SG1Niner
:!: ***Blackhawk has discontinued the 30VT08BK vest*** :!:

Here's the response I received from Blackhawk after inquiring if/when the vest would be back in stock.

Good Afternoon Jack,

We have discontinued the 30VT08BK and are replacing with 30EV08BK. The only change is the webbing and its capability to attach pouches.

The new 30EV08BK will be available after 12/5/08.

If you have further questions do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you.

Roberta Wood
Customer Service Representative

BLACKHAWK!
6160 Commander Pkwy
Norfolk , VA 23502 U.S.A.
Last edited by SG1Niner on Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By SG1Niner
Ok...now I'm curious...I thought the Blackhawk ones were the ones SG1 used...if they're not, what's the difference between the Blackhawk one and the one from the vest guy?

Thx!
By SG Merc
Hirogen wrote:Ok, now that I am looking at it, I don't see a difference between a normal Blackhawk and a SG-1 vest from thevestguy. Does anyone know the difference?

Also, I could use some advice, I was thinking about getting the vest (Atlantis style) instead of the Blackhawk Medic one since it was used in Season 7. What do you all think?
Pardon me on my mistake about the extra pocket. I was thinking about the Atlantis vest for a minute.

It looks like Robert at The Vest Guy is doing two things:

1: Replacing both top pockets with larger ones that have a visible snap button on the flap (stock Blackhawks have a hidden button). This makes them correct to what SG-1 uses.

2: Adding Fastex buckles to the shoulders. SG-1 uses these buckles to connect their backpacks to the vest.

Check out the top pocket flaps in these two. The Vest Guy is on top, and Blackhawk is on the bottom.

Now check out the shoulder buckles in this photo from The Vest Guy (again, stock Blackhawk vests do not have these)

As for the Atlantis vest ... all I can say is hey, you'd get two costumes for the price of one!
SG1Niner wrote:Ok...now I'm curious...I thought the Blackhawk ones were the ones SG1 used...if they're not, what's the difference between the Blackhawk one and the one from the vest guy?
They use Blackhawk vests, but the studio makes two changes to them. They replace the top two pockets, and they add the Fastex buckles to the shoulders.

Again, as far as I know, all The Vest Guy does is buy a Blackhawk vest and make the same modifications that the Stargate studio does.
By SG1Niner
The Blackhawks DON'T have the shoulder buckles?!

I wonder how hard they would be to add. And while we're on the topic, what is the backpack that would buckle in to the vest?
By SG Merc
It's actually very easy to install the buckles. There are already straps on the vest which hold plastic D rings, so you can attach it to that. I cut a slit in the plastic buckle and slid it on (in a way where it won't ever come off), but I suppose you could also pull off the strap, slide the buckle on, and then sew it back on.

I'll take photos on the next vest I do ... which should be this week.

Best of all you can buy Fastex type buckles easily at most stores that sell camping or sewing supplies.

The backpack is also Blackhawk gear, but unfortunately was discontinued a few years ago. It's called the Streamline Load Bearing Pack. On SG-1 they would occasionally attach extra pouches to it, but sometimes wore it just like this.

By SG1Niner
D'OH! The place I ordered the Blackhawk vest from just emailed to tell me they can't fill the order!!

What is the web site for "The Vest Guy"? That is if he/they're still making them.
By SG1Niner
THANKS!
By Hirogen
SG1Niner wrote:THANKS!
Sure thing. Let us know how the transaction goes....I am thinking I will be ordering a vest and zat holder from them soon.

Side not, I think he used to offer the modified desert vest but I don't see it on his site anymore.
By SG1Niner
Has anyone ordered a vest from him? I did email him asking about sizing - since I'm an XL - and he recommended an L.

Do they really run big??

Thanks!
By SG1Niner
Sooooo - I'm guessing that's a no...no one's ordered a vest guy's vest?

Hello??? [knocking on monitor screen] Anybody out there??? Walter? Are all the teams off-world?
By SG Merc
Haven't ordered from The Vest Guy, but Blackhawk vests do run big, as do most tactical vests.
By Smiley
Heehee, no i haven't got mine off some random eBay guy! Although i am thinking of buying a Zat holster from them, having checked out the site and seen it! :P
By Hirogen
SG1Niner wrote:Sooooo - I'm guessing that's a no...no one's ordered a vest guy's vest?

Hello??? [knocking on monitor screen] Anybody out there??? Walter? Are all the teams off-world?
Nope sorry, that's why I asked to report back how the transaction goes. I hear from people over at scifihero.net that they run big. So, the owner of the site and people over at scifihero say to order a size bigger. I think there is a size chart available too at the vest guy's website,

http://thevestguy.com/size.asp

I can't wait to get my vest. I hope to order one soon.

The Vineland Public Library is looking for Stargat[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

Completely redesigned the palm crystal and frame. […]