Stargate Props and Costumes

Welcome to the Internet's largest community dedicated to the props and costumes of Stargate.

Talk about the costumes used throughout Stargate SG1, Stargate Atlantis, and Stargate Universe. Share your original costumes or get help with your cosplay!
By Hirogen
The vest would look great with the slimline backpack but those are so hard to locate.
Last edited by Hirogen on Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By SG1Niner
D'Oh! I thought maybe someone already had one. Ok - thanks gang!
By Hirogen
Smiley wrote:Heehee, no i haven't got mine off some random eBay guy! Although i am thinking of buying a Zat holster from them, having checked out the site and seen it! :P
You might want to hold off. From what I have heard he is making a pocket holster instead of the current version being sold on the site. People have complained that their zat falls out too easily from the current one, and SG-1 did switch to the pocket version at some point in the later seasons. Someone else can confirm that, I don't have any pics to back me up right now.
By Smiley
Oh okay, thanks for the heads up, luckily i won't be buying one any time soon... my Zat fits perfectly fine in my pistol holder i have for the moment :D
By Mike272
Well, I've been looking into building a costume for a while now, but only recently have I done any looking around for stuff.

I'm still in high school, so I can't exactly run out and drop $100+ dollars on a Blackhawk vest, so I've been looking for a as-canon-as-possible, yet cheap vest and I found one for under $50 dollars. It's the Condor Deluxe Tactical Vest. HERE is the link to the cheapest one I found so far.

It's pretty much canon stock, but with a couple minor mods, it would probably be completely canon.

Anyways, just thought I'd share. Oh, and I'll be sure to post pics of things, once I start purchasing.
By SG1Niner
NICE PIX!
By Mike272
Ah, thanks.
By SG Merc
I've handled one of those vests before, and highly recommend them. You can't do much better for the price, and since they have most of the necessary features there already they work well even without modification.
By SG1Niner
[In my best Monty Burns impersonation] Exxxcelllllentttt!
By Hirogen
Mike272 wrote:Well, I've been looking into building a costume for a while now, but only recently have I done any looking around for stuff.

I'm still in high school, so I can't exactly run out and drop $100+ dollars on a Blackhawk vest, so I've been looking for a as-canon-as-possible, yet cheap vest and I found one for under $50 dollars. It's the Condor Deluxe Tactical Vest. HERE is the link to the cheapest one I found so far.

It's pretty much canon stock, but with a couple minor mods, it would probably be completely canon.

Anyways, just thought I'd share. Oh, and I'll be sure to post pics of things, once I start purchasing.
Did you order one of these? If so, how is the vest and dealings with the site?
By FreshMadness
The current vest on Blackhawk's website looks different in the back, with a lot more straps. Does anybody have any pointers on finding the old style?
By SG Merc
FreshMadness wrote:The current vest on Blackhawk's website looks different in the back, with a lot more straps. Does anybody have any pointers on finding the old style?
Blackhawk modified their Omega vests to include the new features that you noticed on their site.

Your best bet for finding one of the original vests is to shop from a Blackhawk dealer instead of buying direct. Some dealers have updated their stock, but some may also have the original vests. Just make sure you ask before you buy even if they show the correct photo (some online dealers don't stock the gear themselves, but simply take your order and the gear is actually sent to you directly from Blackhawk).

You can also look on eBay. People sell a lot of new and used Blackhawk gear there.

As a last resort, you can buy one of the new vests and cut off the "improvements". But I'm confident you can find an old version if you search.
By FreshMadness
Thanks for the help. I found a place (Appalachian Tactical) that was selling the vest, and the description included the 30vt08bk model number of the old one. I ordered it, and when it comes it better be what it's supposed to. I paid around 30 bucks more than I would have for a new style one straight off blackhawk's site, and I'm expecting the discontinued one. Thanks again!
By SG Merc
Let us know when you get your vest. It would be helpful to know where we can still buy the original ... not that we're benefiting from the information at your expense :P
By Hirogen
Mike272 wrote:Well, I've been looking into building a costume for a while now, but only recently have I done any looking around for stuff.

Did you order a vest from this site? How was the transaction?
By FreshMadness
After 2 months of hassle I have come to the conclusion that Appalachian Tactical is not a good company to do business with. I ordered my medic vest and was assured it was the old style. Two weeks later I received a vest, but it was totally wrong, one of the Cross Draw vests. I was told that it was a mistake in shipping and they did in fact have the old style and would send it out to me after I sent them their wrong vest back. After the UPS tracking showed that my return had been delivered and I hadn't heard back in 4 days, I had to call to find out what the status of my order was. It seems like they can't keep track of their orders. I think it's just one guy handling everything, which isn't a bad thing, but it seems like he isn't very organized. Anyway, the guy at Appalachian said they'd send out the replacement the next few days. I had to keep calling back (half of the time during normal business hours they simply don't answer) to get a tracking number. I finally got one for the USPS, which said they had been notified to expect the package but had not yet received it. The status stayed this way for a week at which time I called back only to find out it had been "lost in the mail." The guy told me he'd do his best to find another of the old style vest from their suppliers and other sources. After calling back daily he finally told me it wasn't going to be possible but he'd overnight me a new style medic vest from Blackhawk. I wanted the vest for my costume for the San Diego comic con last weekend, and had started this project 2 months in advance in order to have plenty of time to get everything. It was now 2 days before and no vest. I called back one last time and nobody answered; later I got an email that blackhawk was out of stock in the new style medic vest but would have more next week. I called Blackhawk myself and was told they have plenty. I was about ready to order one from them for nearly $200 (plus the insane cost of overnight shipping to have it in time for the con) when I remembered BTI Tactical which I had bought some Blackhawk pouches from.

If you only read this part of my overly long post, take the following advice: BTI Tactical is an awesome company and the owner, Brian, is an awesome guy who will go out of his way to get you what you need with no hassle and in a hurry, and for as cheap as you could hope to find anywhere. Appalachian Tactical, on the other hand, will lie to you for weeks and make you have to pay $50 dollars at the 11th hour to have something overnighted because they can't get their shit together. Also, I'm still waiting for my credit card to be refunded. In the end I ended up with the new style vest from BTI tactical because Appalachian didn't leave me with enough time to try and find the old style from another source. In conclusion, does anyone have an old style Blackhawk medic vest they are looking to sell? I never did find one....
By SG Merc
What a drag! Two weeks is a bit long to wait for an order as well ...

I would recommend you watch for the old style vest on eBay. Then you can probably offload the inaccurate one there too.
By Beachbead
I'm currently seeking out a Blackhawk vest myself the cheapests one I've found is $126 dollars, so I'm going to have to save up some money for it.
By SG1Niner
Beachbead...where'd you find it? Is there a web link we could see what it looks like?

Thanks!
By Beachbead
I found the vest hear they only have two more left for that price. http://www.amazon.com/Blackhawk-Omega-E ... B001QGHUKK

I also found this one they have pockets for a radio, never heard of this company before but this vest is not black it's green, and the price is about $46.00 dollars. you may have to ask if it comes in black.
http://www.opticsale.com/blackhawk-omeg ... -prd1.html

I went ahead and sent them a email asking if it comes in black, I'll update once I hear from them. if it is in black I'm buying one.
By Smiley
I now have myself two Tactical vests, one off the random eBay guy - that didn't come with a radio pouch, but was too expensive to send back - this is going to stay as my Atlantis vest as it is much more Atlantisy than it is SG-1, plus it is super heavy and doesn't breath... over here in Australia that is not a good thing!! :P

My friend ended up buying me a vest off TheVestGuy as a birthday present -brought herself one too. I love the vest it is sooo much lighter than the other one so i can wear it in Summer aka this weekend when i meet Amanda! When i saw it alone it didn't look right but when you have it on with the rest of the costume it looks fantastic and i'll be able to wear it just over a shirt on the warm days!

As for the Transaction, i don't full details as my friend made it, but i know that there was an issue with getting them shipped over, but because of the problem Rob (TheVestGuy) threw in a coupla belts for us too. I also had a bit of trouble when buying my Zat holster, but that was because the payment wasn't recieved and it messed it all up a bit. But Rob was really good about it, i would say that postage took longer than i would have liked, but thats pretty much a standard with shipping to Aus. I will probably be buying a P90 holster/strap from them as well eventually :)
By Beachbead
Well I haven't heard from the guy on the second link so I'm going to scrap that one and save up some money for the first one I posted.
By Beachbead
i just got an email from them stateing

Hello Diane,

This item does come in black, the product ID # is 055-30EV08BK.

Thank You,

OpticSale

http://www.opticsale.com

and the price is $130. dollars a little bit higher then the green one.
By Beachbead
Found one on ebay for $119 dollars just hope i can get to it first before time runs out.
By shifty
i have black hawk vests saved to my ebay search..i usually find the medic vest for between the $119 mark to $136. im not sure if you know or not, but the sg1 medic vests dont come with the buckles on the front over the zip, like the ebay ones do, well not that ive seen. but im sure this can be easily fixed. theres a guy on there who regularly has the atlantis style vest on ebay for between $75 to $115. i think he's based in hermiston..or some such

The Vineland Public Library is looking for Stargat[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

Completely redesigned the palm crystal and frame. […]