Stargate Props and Costumes

Welcome to the Internet's largest community dedicated to the props and costumes of Stargate.

Talk about the costumes used throughout Stargate SG1, Stargate Atlantis, and Stargate Universe. Share your original costumes or get help with your cosplay!
By SG Merc
Just to let our members know, Legends Memorabilia is running a special where you can buy three non-hero Stargate costumes for $95 (plus shipping I would imagine). These costumes would have been worn by extras, and probably won't include any high profile items ... but you never know what you might get. This is really a great deal.

Check it out here

Post pictures of what you get here in this thread! :D
By brainshatterer
So when they say non-hero costumes, no main character costumes, but would a random jaffa or sg-13 or something be included maybe? Or is it going to be just a bunch of random villager costumes? I'm interested, but wouldn't really want a bunch of villager costumes. heh.
By Umbra117
I placed an order a week ago and I will let everyone know what I end up with. The cost was $95 CAN plus $5 Handling plus $53 Shipping. Shipping estimate is the first week of October. I've always been happy with items I've purchased from Legends in the past and I know it's a risk with a blind order but there's always e-Bay if there's nothing worth keeping.
By brainshatterer
wow $53 shipping? So what was the total in US dollars for the lot?
By Umbra117
That days rate came out to $142. A tidy sum for the unknown.
By SG Merc
brainshatterer wrote:So when they say non-hero costumes, no main character costumes, but would a random jaffa or sg-13 or something be included maybe? Or is it going to be just a bunch of random villager costumes? I'm interested, but wouldn't really want a bunch of villager costumes. heh.
This is just an assumption, but I would bet that if Legends were to receive any generic military uniforms, Jaffa, Tok'ra, or Goa'uld costumes they would realize that they could sell them separately for more money.

Plus I doubt the studio would get rid of most of these kinds of costumes, as they don't receive as much wear as the hero stuff, and will be needed for future productions.

Umbra117, definitely let us know what you end up with!!
By Umbra117
I received my costumes from Legends yesterday about 18 days after the date of the order. They were very kind and kept me apprised of the order status as it went along. The costumes come with a certificate of authenticity but almost nothing to identify season/episode/character. The costumes arrived neatly packed and obviously recently cleaned. The first photo I received in the package with the items and it shows all three costumes. I’ve only been able to identify the first item in the photo. This is from Season 4 – Episode 2 ‘The Other Side’. The inside of the jacket has a small tag that says ‘Tyson Holmes Pilot March 7,8,9’ and the number 40 which may refer to the size. It’s definitely on the slim side. You can see the costume in the second photo, a screen cap from the episode. The other two items have no markings whatsoever and I’ve been unable to find any reference material so far. If you have a clue as to their origins please advise. I’ll get better pictures of the individual pieces if needed.

At a cost of nearly $50.00 USD each (including shipping) I’ll let you be the judge as to whether they are worth the effort. I’ve actually placed a second order and I’ll let you know what I receive in two or three weeks. I’d like to order about once a month and I’ll most likely keep a few items and will try to find homes for the others so if anyone is interested let me know. I’m not out to make a profit so I’ll settle for break even plus shipping. Obviously, costumes with two pieces or more will be worth a bit more and the simple one piece items a little less. I hope this helps for those who might be on the fence about ordering.

By SG Merc
Hey nice collection :)

Certainly not a bad price per piece at all in my opinion. I've seen (and paid) twice that amount for SG costumes and considered it a good deal.

I'm sure you will end up with a few nice costumes in your collection as you order more. Definitely let us know what you get next.

The black top/coat in the middle looks really familiar to me. Two similar costumes that come to mind are Red Sky and Aschen from 2001
By barkayal
SG Merc wrote:The black top/coat in the middle looks really familiar to me. Two similar costumes that come to mind are Red Sky and Aschen from 2001
It reminds me of the clothes worn by Marul in 'The Sentinel' :

By Colonel_Carter
Or possibly even from Gamekeeper ... the 'undead' in that all wore long black coats too.

Though as with anything in SG, things did get recycled a bit, so we could all be right! Any names or dates in that costume as a clue?
By Umbra117
The second costume I was able to identify as Aschen from the episode '2010'. Here's the only photo I could find but it matches as far as I can tell.
As for the third, I'm still looking. Haven't given up yet. I was just notified by Legends that my next purchase has shipped so I should have it NLT next week.

There are no markings whatsoever in the second and third costumes so really no help there. Anyone has a clue please let me know. Maybe this next batch will be easier to identify.
By SG Merc
I bet that third costume is from something obvious, because it really looks familiar the more I think about it. I'll definitely post if I get any ideas.

You've done well with the other two costumes that you've identified. They're from memorable episodes.
By SG1Niner
Damn - I thought I had this one from the 6th season's "Memento" but nooooo - Terek had to be wearing a grey sweater!

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/displa ... pos=-63544
By SG Merc
Legends has been auctioning off these triple costume lots for $50 - that comes out to just about $17 per costume! They still have a lot of costumes, and are going to recycle what they don't sell, so act now to preserve Stargate history!
By Bra'zat
Hi every body

I desperately search for THIS Jacob Carter Tok'ra jacket. I am ready to buy it or exchange agoinst another Tok'ra beige jacket with a supplementary charge, of course.

Please contact me if you know where it is.

Thank you very much

The Vineland Public Library is looking for Stargat[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

Completely redesigned the palm crystal and frame. […]