Stargate Props and Costumes

Welcome to the Internet's largest community dedicated to the props and costumes of Stargate.

Discuss those things that make intergalactic battles deadly
I have just uploaded some photos of the Atlantean/Asuran Disruptor Weapon replica I built. I wore this prop for the first time at Starfest Denver this year. Check it out if you like! The photos are in the gallery in the file named "Atlantis NSW SEAL Atlantis Prop Replicas" under my screen name.
Peace,
Atlantis NSW SEAL
By SG Merc
Wow! Another fine prop job Chris! I bet that was a fun replica to go to the convention with.

The shapes on this disrupter are wonderful. It looks like you did a lot of homework to get the design down on plastic. I'm assuming you crafted the crystal by joining the slices of poly together after you cut out each shape? The LEDs really seem to do it justice.

Great work man! Thanks for sharing the photos ... now I wanna go build something :P
By Atlantis NSW SEAL
Thanks so much! :D Yeah, people like stuff that lights up. Also I don't have to have one of those damn "checked weapon" tags hanging off of it like the P90 or MP5, etc... at the Cons.

Yeah, I loved the design of the prop. It is very unusual in shape but still flows. Yeah, I did a lot of research and studied the heck out of the DVD scenes and the screen caps I took. There are a few slight variations in some of the props used in the episodes. For instance, some of them have the black button things on the sides of the pistols (like mine does) and others don't, in the same episodes. Don't know what the story is there!

Yeah, I cut like 10 layers of clear polyester sheet, made each shape, smoothed edges and frosted each surface and then glued them all together for the main crystal. The small crystal at the top forward part I made with layers but then used a real crystal I have as a reference to file the facets onto it. They glow real nicely! The main crystal has a hole drilled into it and one blue LED is inserted into it. The diffusion of light through the material is just what I wanted. That way it doesn't look like theres just an LED in there. The crystal sections were definitely the hardest part of the whole thing to figure out their shapes but I am quite pleased with how they look.

Anwyay, thanks again. Nice to have my work appreciated! Sometime soon I will be starting a full size ZPM with lights. Lots to build!
Chris

SG Merc wrote:Wow! Another fine prop job Chris! I bet that was a fun replica to go to the convention with.

The shapes on this disrupter are wonderful. It looks like you did a lot of homework to get the design down on plastic. I'm assuming you crafted the crystal by joining the slices of poly together after you cut out each shape? The LEDs really seem to do it justice.

Great work man! Thanks for sharing the photos ... now I wanna go build something :P

The Vineland Public Library is looking for Stargat[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

Completely redesigned the palm crystal and frame. […]