Stargate Props and Costumes

Welcome to the Internet's largest community dedicated to the props and costumes of Stargate.

Discuss those things that make intergalactic battles deadly
Hello all,
I have just uploaded some photos of my Kull Disruptor for P90 prop replica I have nearly completed. This is the Kull Disruptor which attaches to the left side rail of the P90. All that remains is to paint it and attach the Weaver mount. This is a "working" model and the "Chip", which is detachable, has self contained electronics and battery which power micro-LED's which flash rapidly red and blue inside the red lens on top of the chip. Check it out if you like. They are located in the gallery file called "Atlantis NSW SEAL SG-1 Prop Replicas" under my screen name.
Peace,
Atlantis NSW SEAL
By Colonel_Carter
Nice reproduction!

Having seen an actual Kull Disruptor at quite close quarters I can say that it's spot on!

I would love to see it in it's 'painted' version too, to see what you do with the colour :)
By Atlantis NSW SEAL
Thank you very much! Yeah, I had really good resource material for this one with shots from every angle. I will probably get it painted up in the next month. I will upload more photos of it once it is painted.
Thanks for your kind words,
Atlantis NSW SEAL

Colonel_Carter wrote:Nice reproduction!

Having seen an actual Kull Disruptor at quite close quarters I can say that it's spot on!

I would love to see it in it's 'painted' version too, to see what you do with the colour :)
By SG Merc
Chris this is fantastic. I know how long it took for me to sculpt those curves, so I'm very impressed at how you built this. It's very organic, and the Jaffa lines look great.

I still haven't gotten the "chip" part of mine to seat perfectly, but you've got a nice flow with yours. Excellent work sir!

I love the LED too, you can definitely wire a circuit a lot better than I can :lol:
By Atlantis NSW SEAL
Thanks so much! Very appreciated!
I absolutely love working with sheet styrene. It holds its shape but is fairly easy to detail, just takes a bit of elbow grease. It doesn't take really any special tools to work it, although after I got my table disc/belt sander for Christmas it really made things a lot faster and sometimes even more accurate. It makes removing large amounts of material quicker and easier. Other than that it is mostly Exacto knives, jewelers files and several grits of Emery cloth.

I actually formed and built the chip holder around the chip itself so that it fit it perfectly. I found that easier than trying to build the chip to fit the holder. The electronics were pretty easy, although there isn't a lot of room to fit things in. Having the micro-LED's helped immensely. The hardest part of that was making the translucent red lens on top. Something that small is hard to work with. Especially to get it all polished up. The Jaffa lines were taken directly from really good photos of the real prop.
Anyway, I should be getting it painted here pretty soon. I will upload more photos of it as soon as I do. Although, I may have to remove some of the others since I have already reached my 1MB limit in my gallery.
Thanks again,
Chris
SG Merc wrote:Chris this is fantastic. I know how long it took for me to sculpt those curves, so I'm very impressed at how you built this. It's very organic, and the Jaffa lines look great.

I still haven't gotten the "chip" part of mine to seat perfectly, but you've got a nice flow with yours. Excellent work sir!

I love the LED too, you can definitely wire a circuit a lot better than I can :lol:
By SG Merc
Chris,

You've sold me on this, and I'm going to make it a point to experiment with styrene in the future. Every winter I find myself unable to do much prop work because I can't mix resins or silicons. So having another medium to work with would be a great option.

No wonder I had difficultly on the Kull Killer though--I made the holder first, and then did the chip secondly.

I take it you found something to use to make the red bubble on top? Or did you actually have to form that from a sheet?

Oh and don't worry about deleting any photos; I just increased the member gallery size to 15mb, and can go higher if necessary :)
By Atlantis NSW SEAL
That's the same reason I don't do any molding/casting during the winter! Too cold in the garage!

Actually, I used one of those little plastic flames that are usually used on those ceramic Christmas trees with lights inside and the holes in them for the little colored plastic flames that light up, if you know what I mean. They were a pretty good size to begin with. They just took a bit to get into the proper shape, mostly cutting the bottom flat and filing and sanding them into that rounded teardrop shape. Then I cut a slot in the bottom so the micro-LED's could be inserted into the base of it.

That's great that you increased the size of the galleries. That will make it much better, I can upload some more props, thanks!
Chris

SG Merc wrote:Chris,

You've sold me on this, and I'm going to make it a point to experiment with styrene in the future. Every winter I find myself unable to do much prop work because I can't mix resins or silicons. So having another medium to work with would be a great option.

No wonder I had difficultly on the Kull Killer though--I made the holder first, and then did the chip secondly.

I take it you found something to use to make the red bubble on top? Or did you actually have to form that from a sheet?

Oh and don't worry about deleting any photos; I just increased the member gallery size to 15mb, and can go higher if necessary :)
By SG Merc
Atlantis NSW SEAL wrote:Actually, I used one of those little plastic flames that are usually used on those ceramic Christmas trees with lights inside and the holes in them for the little colored plastic flames that light up, if you know what I mean. They were a pretty good size to begin with. They just took a bit to get into the proper shape, mostly cutting the bottom flat and filing and sanding them into that rounded teardrop shape. Then I cut a slot in the bottom so the micro-LED's could be inserted into the base of it.
That's brilliant! What a great way to recycle old Christmas decorations. I've always had a soft spot for those little trees.
By Atlantis NSW SEAL
Thank you! I always enjoy the challenge of finding existing bits and pieces that will work for making props, it's somehow fun. :wink:
Chris

That's brilliant! What a great way to recycle old Christmas decorations. I've always had a soft spot for those little trees.[/quote]

The Vineland Public Library is looking for Stargat[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

Completely redesigned the palm crystal and frame. […]