Stargate Props and Costumes

Welcome to the Internet's largest community dedicated to the props and costumes of Stargate.

Discuss those things that make intergalactic battles deadly
By Naasad Tal
Ok so I got myself a Well p90 for the purpose of light airsoft play & also for costuming purposes. Yes, I know that this is NOT the most impressive gun, but it serves my purposes & I'm not shelling out ridiculously high amounts of credits for a toy (cuz lets face it, that's what airsoft guns are).

However I wanted a more realistic looking mag for my gun & bought a Tokyo Marui low cap mag with the faux rounds. I have looked at the tutorials here & getting the mag to fit on my gun won't be ANY problem at all for me. What I was wondering was, is it possible to make the modification & keep the Well p90 functional (as in shooting BBs from the TM mag).

It seems to me, after making the mods that the tutorials here suggest, that it would only require a simple barrel swap, which I know can be done. I am farely experienced with modding toy guns & I have no doubt that I could do this mod if it is possible. Please let me know what your thoughts are on this & thank you in advance

Chris
By SG Merc
Yes this should be possible. The main difference between the TM and Well magazines is that the TM one is spring loaded (in that the BB's follow a track in the magazine and are pushed by a spring) whereas the Well mag is gravity fed (the BB's just sit in the magazine and roll towards the feeder).

So, instead of modifying the airsoft what I would do is modify the TM mag so that it feeds the same way that a Well mag feeds.

You would need to open the TM mag (it's held together with about 8 screws on the bottom) and remove most of the inner components. Then you would need to modify the feeder so that instead of feeding from the center of the magazine it feeds at the back of the magazine. You could probably cut off the bottom of a Well magazine and attach it to the Well magazine. From the top and sides it would look like a TM mag, but the base would actually be from the Well.

That's just my idea on how to do this. I am interested to know what you ultimately decide to do.
By Naasad Tal
Thanx for the response SG Merc. I ended up modding the internals & the gun, much to my joy/surprise...everything seems to be working!!!

The only thing left to do is to graft a block on the gun that will activate the BB release on the TM mag & then get the mag catch to hold the TM mag down more securely. I have pics of what I did & once the final mods are done I'll happily post them & a brief tutorial of the steps I took to complete the modifications.

Thanks for the info & advice

The Vineland Public Library is looking for Stargat[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

Completely redesigned the palm crystal and frame. […]