Stargate Props and Costumes

Welcome to the Internet's largest community dedicated to the props and costumes of Stargate.

Discuss those things that make intergalactic battles deadly
By Scorpio
Hi, I read the review for the Beretta 92FS and followed the disassembly instructions but however got stuck at the slide removal. The slide removal switch will not budge, tried with a bit of force and it turns a bit but just pops back. Was just wondering if anyone else has tried and had the same problem, or has manage to turn the switch with more persuasion?

Thanks for any replies.
By SG Merc
Are you pulling the slide back while trying to turn the switch? The slide needs to be pulled all of the way back, then you can rotate the switch and pull it straight out.

By Scorpio
Hi, yes I have pulled back the slide to varying degrees and tried to rotate the swith to no avail. The only difference between my gun and the one shown that I can see is that mine is translucent. As such I can see that the slide switch, which runs through to the little notch on the other side, is begining to twist as the notch on the other side isnt moving at all. Any ideas on how to get it to turn without snapping?

Sorry to be a bother and thanks for your reply.
By SG Merc
It's possible that you might have to pull the switch as you rotate it. I don't remember exactly, and unfortunately no longer have the Beretta that I used in the review, so can't check. Try grasping the switch with your fingernails underneath, and pulling it outward as you rotate it. Also check to make sure you don't have to manipulate the notch on the opposite side of the gun. While I didn't need to, your transparent model could have the extra feature (or curse depending on how you look at it).

If you continue to have trouble then it's also possible that there might be an additional pin or screw keeping the lever in place.

The Vineland Public Library is looking for Stargat[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

Completely redesigned the palm crystal and frame. […]