Stargate Props and Costumes

Welcome to the Internet's largest community dedicated to the props and costumes of Stargate.

Discuss those things that make intergalactic battles deadly
By brainshatterer
What kind/color paints are used to make the goa'uld weapons? Like the green and metal colors. Zat and TER guns paintI think I may make paint up some of my laser guns, as they already look a bit like a serpent guard armor, figure I can just use them as a new weapon, but I need some paint.
By SG Merc
A few years back someone on ASAP posted a good group of paints to use. I've used this recipe myself to make some nice looking paint jobs on Zats etc.

The paint is called Sophisticated Finishes and is made by Triangle Crafts. I've seen it for sale at craft stores like Michael's and Pat Catan's. You want to get the Blackened Brone and Gold colors for your main coat. I don't remember if the correct way to do it was to mix the two, or to apply one as a base coat and then the other for highlights. I think I did the later, but just don't remember for sure.

Anyway, the third paint you want to buy is from the same line. It's called Patina Green. This one is used to age the prop, and generally goes around the Jaffa lines. This particular patina actually oxidizes the metal, and produces a very nice effect! Just don't do what I did, and spray the patina through an airbrush or the metal parts will get oxidized too :roll:
Excellent, I'm gonna go grab it from Michaels in a few days. Is it a spray paint or in a little plastic container like the others? I'll post up some nice pics of my laser tag guns once they are painted up when I'm done.
The purple pearl is a bit off, I've got a painted zat and TER gun, not painted by me. The Zat purple is very dark, I used the purple pearl, its almost violet/pink, cool, but not on the money. I checked michaels again, didn't see anything darker, may have to just custom them with blue instead of purple.
By SG Merc
Sorry that color didn't work out for you man.

My bottle of the paint is about 8 years old, and they have probably changed their colors a bit in that time. Luckily though, these paints are very mixable. So you might be able to get a closer match by adding in a darker blue from the same line. Just add it in small amounts, and stir it very well.

Let us know how it works, or if you find something that works off the shelf.

The Vineland Public Library is looking for Stargat[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

Completely redesigned the palm crystal and frame. […]