Stargate Props and Costumes

Welcome to the Internet's largest community dedicated to the props and costumes of Stargate.

Discuss those things that make intergalactic battles deadly
By SG Merc
In the coming weeks I will be continuing work on the P90 kits and tutorials.

As progress is made, I will be able to finish the tutorial for mounting the upper receivers; and, more importantly, kits will become available for shipment.

For the latest information on the P90 project, sign up on the SG1 Props forums.
By Beaver
Can we get u to make one and then send it to me?

If u can just let me kno wat i have to do and how much it will cost
By SG Merc
Beaver, I will be posting some better information about the P90 kits soon. I have a couple of them on my workbench, and just need to do some final work on them and then take photos.

When they're ready, I will put the information into this thread, and also on the homepage of sg1props.com
By Beaver
So it is going to be just put it together?
By SG Merc
You'll have to do a little bit of work cutting off the upper receiver from a low-end airsoft P90, but after that the new upper receiver kit will just fit right on.

I will be offering kits at different prices, with painted ones at one price, and then offering cheaper kits that aren't painted, and maybe need some sanding.

And of course the tutorials will cover how to do everything too, so you'll have a reference if you want to save a little money and do the preparation work yourself.
By P90Modder
Is there a way to do the mod but still ceap it a airsoft gun :?: :shock:
By SG Merc
P90Modder wrote:Is there a way to do the mod but still ceap it a airsoft gun :?: :shock:
Hello there,

This can certainly be done, yes.

The newer P90 receivers that I am casting are solid, but I do have some from my original mold which would only require a hole drilled through the flash hider for the barrel.

I haven't personally reinstalled the barrel/gearbox after mounting one of my new receivers, so I can't say for sure that you wouldn't have to drill an hole or two. But it's certainly possible. The biggest thing you would have to pay attention to is making sure the barrel gets lined up with the exit hole of the flash hider. I'll check this out later today, but I suspect that it wouldn't be a problem.
By P90Modder
Thx for your help. I am not a sg-1 fanatic and never even seen the show but i know what sg-1 is about [TV Guild.com].The kit it will make my P-90 look more realalictic. All I have to do is paint the flash hider orange drill the hole or holes then it will look like a TM P90 just with out the firepower PS: My spelling is BAD. Also try posting videos on youtube there vary few P90 mod and i think yours is the best. What r the receivers made of ?
By SG Merc
I haven't had a chance to test fit the new receiver with the LPEG barrel/gearbox yet, but I promise I'll check that to make sure it can be done :)

Most parts on the receiver are made of cast plastic. But all the screws and the charging rails are metal.

Great idea on a youtube video! I might do that if I ever see my video camera again (lent it out ... a long time ago).
By P90Modder
:D How much will the kit cost?
By SG Merc
Well I've measured everything and you can definitely install the new upper receiver kit and keep the airsoft as a functional gun.

Just make sure to request a hollow receiver.

Sending you an e-mail with pricing information :D
By P90Modder
:D I have a idea if u own the TM P90 take the case is and make a mod for it then use a sicon plactic and pour it in to the mod and u have cheap P90 case (the gun not for the gun to go in).But u can sell then because they look like the real gun and also my most cosurn is the scrows but if u find the scrows get some plugs to hind the scrows it is just one of my ideas but i do no care if someone takes my idea i do not have the tm p90 and i do not have the money and i am only 14.u can all ready use the durable plactic u have.
By SG Merc
P90Modder wrote::D I have a idea if u own the TM P90 take the case is and make a mod for it then use a sicon plactic and pour it in to the mod and u have cheap P90 case (the gun not for the gun to go in).But u can sell then because they look like the real gun and also my most cosurn is the scrows but if u find the scrows get some plugs to hind the scrows it is just one of my ideas but i do no care if someone takes my idea i do not have the tm p90 and i do not have the money and i am only 14.u can all ready use the durable plactic u have.
To make a mold of the TM P90 body (lower receiver) you would have to make a large two part silicon rubber mold, and make casts with a harder material. They would also have to be hollow casted to minimize the cost of the resin or epoxy.

Completely plausible, but considering how expensive liquid rubbers and plastics are it would cost more per cast than the cheap airsoft P90s do.

This is the reason why I only molded the upper receiver. It's a lot less expensive to buy a cast of JUST the upper receiver, and then use the airsoft body.

Plus it's fun to build your own prop P90 this way and have all the cool moving parts :)
By P90Modder
if i wanted to make silicon molds what would i need and also were to buy the tuff plactic to put in to the mold.
By SG Merc
P90Modder wrote:if i wanted to make silicon molds what would i need and also were to buy the tuff plactic to put in to the mold.
In addition to liquid silicon you would need sulfur free clay, a box/container to build your mold in, and mold release (petroleum jelly works great).

You can buy liquid plastics, resins, and epoxies from a lot of sources. Hardware stores and craft/hobby stores sell products, or you can order off the internet.

I use Smooth-On for most of my mold making and casting needs. Their products are not the cheapest available, but it's all very high quality and professional materials.
By LtColJónsson
SG Merc wrote:
P90Modder wrote:Is there a way to do the mod but still ceap it a airsoft gun :?: :shock:
Hello there,

This can certainly be done, yes.

The newer P90 receivers that I am casting are solid, but I do have some from my original mold which would only require a hole drilled through the flash hider for the barrel.

I haven't personally reinstalled the barrel/gearbox after mounting one of my new receivers, so I can't say for sure that you wouldn't have to drill an hole or two. But it's certainly possible. The biggest thing you would have to pay attention to is making sure the barrel gets lined up with the exit hole of the flash hider. I'll check this out later today, but I suspect that it wouldn't be a problem.
I looked at your pictures, the P90 kit looks great, but the sight is solid resin, is it possible to buy the kit and then but a real p90 ring sight and intstal it on your p90 reciver?
By SG Merc
LtColJónsson wrote:I looked at your pictures, the P90 kit looks great, but the sight is solid resin, is it possible to buy the kit and then but a real p90 ring sight and intstal it on your p90 reciver?
Absolutely! Since I cast all of the parts separately it would be easy to mount the new sight. It should work without any modification aswell, but if anything you would probably just have to do a little sanding.

If you decide to give this a try let me know. It'd be a cool project I'm sure :D
By LtColJónsson
SG Merc wrote:
LtColJónsson wrote:I looked at your pictures, the P90 kit looks great, but the sight is solid resin, is it possible to buy the kit and then but a real p90 ring sight and intstal it on your p90 reciver?
Absolutely! Since I cast all of the parts separately it would be easy to mount the new sight. It should work without any modification aswell, but if anything you would probably just have to do a little sanding.

If you decide to give this a try let me know. It'd be a cool project I'm sure :D
Well do, but another question, I know the kit comes with mounting rail, but are they actaully usable? Can I actaully mount a flashlight on to it?
By twistedfate79
Where can I buy the sight and flashlight separately? I already have the gun.
By SG Merc
LtColJónsson wrote:Well do, but another question, I know the kit comes with mounting rail, but are they actaully usable? Can I actaully mount a flashlight on to it?
They're definitely usable as they are with the screws alone, but for added security with a heavy flashlight I would recommend gluing them on along with the screws.
By LtColJónsson
twistedfate79 wrote:Where can I buy the sight and flashlight separately? I already have the gun.
The flashlight they use in Atlantis, I´m pretty sure ther use the Streamlight scorpion, and the SunFire 6P. They always use Weaver scope mounts to attatch them.
By SG Merc
twistedfate79 wrote:Where can I buy the sight and flashlight separately? I already have the gun.
A great place to buy the Streamlight Scorpion is on eBay. But you can get them through a lot of places, including online from walmart.

For the P90 sight you might be best off looking on one of the online FN message boards and finding someone who removed them from their PS90 to replace it with an optic rail.

You might be able to buy them dirrect from Ring Sights, but I'm not positive if they sell dirrect to the public or not. Here's a link to their product page for the MC-10-80 sights
By twistedfate79
Thanks for your help. I just got a TM magazine and was wondering what should I do with the plastic feeder that sticks out from the magazine and allows the pellets to go into the gun?
By SG Merc
twistedfate79 wrote:Thanks for your help. I just got a TM magazine and was wondering what should I do with the plastic feeder that sticks out from the magazine and allows the pellets to go into the gun?
You shall find your answer here, in a brand new tutorial :D

The Vineland Public Library is looking for Stargat[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

Completely redesigned the palm crystal and frame. […]