Stargate Props and Costumes

Welcome to the Internet's largest community dedicated to the props and costumes of Stargate.

Discuss those things that make intergalactic battles deadly
By deaco
hello, i am new to this and i was just wondering if it would be possible to just buy the trademarks to add to the p90. i already have a fairly accurate p90 and this would add the final touches. thanks
By SG Merc
Sure I can do that, whereabouts in the world do you live? Send me a Private Message with your country/state and I will get you a quote for shipping and the other ordering information.
By deaco
hello, i live in Queensland Australia. thanks
By SG Merc
Ok, I can get you a resin trademark plate for $5 shipped. PayPal is sgcmerc AT gmail DOT com if you would like to go ahead 8)
By deaco
do i just look that up in paypal and transfer the funds? new to that stuff as well. that includes postage as well? thanks
By SG Merc
In PayPal click the "Send Money" button, and type in my email address just like this:

In the payment title just write "deaco - trademarks" so I know it's you, and make sure your mailing address is in there.

Yes, includes postage!

(Note: in case you're wondering, I have posted my email address as a photo instead of text because unfortunately there are software programs which "sniff out" email addresses on the internet to spam them.

So it's generally a good idea to not publicly write your email address like "[email protected]", but rather "johndoe AT google DOT com" - this way people can still read the address, but the spammers' software can't.)
By Colonel_Carter
Oooh cool tip, I didn't know that! 8)
By Smiley
Neither did i... i post my email address everywhere and i never get any spam mail.... weiiiiird!
By SG Merc
Smiley wrote:Neither did i... i post my email address everywhere and i never get any spam mail.... weiiiiird!
With the huge number of websites on the net, email spam filters, better coding on websites etc it's not as big of a deal as I may have made it out to be--especially on smaller sites. More than anything it's just a precaution.

Certainly though the bigger the website/forum the more likely that shady characters will send email sniffers to the site. I know of at least one large site which blocks users from posting email addresses (the site will replace them so it's users don't run into any problems).

:)
By Smiley
Thats cool :D:D
By deaco
hello. thanks for that. may take me a while to do that. but in the meantime i was wondering if you have any sort of trademark to go on the charging handle. i have the cheap p90 like in the tutorial but it has had a resin mould of RD sight added on the top. show ya a picture but i dont know how. anyway it still has made in china branded on the right hand charging handle. any ideas on what i could do about that. just buff it off ? thanks am new to all this cool modeling type stuff
By SG Merc
deaco, the actual P90s don't have any marking on the charging rails, so I would say your best bet is to go ahead and just remove it.

Since the "made in China" brand is raised lettering, but the area around it has been depressed (it's in a shallow area when compared to the rest of the charging rail), what I would do is fill it in with putty and then sand it.

If you use a soft automotive putty like Bondo you can smooth it out the lettering so the entire side of the charging rail is level, and then once it dries wet sand it with a 220 grit sandpaper. Wet sanding is where you either sand the piece under running water, or just regularly rinse off the sand paper during sanding (make sure the paper is marked that it can be used with wet sanding).

We're all new to the hobby at some point - welcome to the club :)
By deaco
thanks, that realy helps. will tell you when i can buy the p90 trademark thanks
By lisab4
One thing I was wondering. Would it be possible to update the kit with resin screws? The screws in the body are missing in the cheap clones but very noticable in the real P90:
By SG Merc
lisab4 wrote:One thing I was wondering. Would it be possible to update the kit with resin screws? The screws in the body are missing in the cheap clones but very noticable in the real P90:
Yes, this could be done.

The next time I order molding rubber I will create a mold for these screws. Will send you, and anyone else who has ordered a kit, a set for free.
By lisab4
Wow! thanks! I'm planning on making mine as real as possible. Like adding the bullet extractor at the bottom that's missing from the cheap clones :)
By impearse
Thought you might like to see the outcome of my conversion using the kit mentioned above. I have to say the kit is very nicely done, and goes into place very easily, and really looks the part.

The red tape on the flash suppressor is a left-over from a recent con visit, where the venue insisted on imitation firearms being marked. The strap is part of a sling system for carrying the weapon. All in all, a nice-looking piece with the kit fitted, and looks just like the show versions. Great work!
By SG Merc
impearse wrote:Thought you might like to see the outcome of my conversion using the kit mentioned above. I have to say the kit is very nicely done, and goes into place very easily, and really looks the part.

The red tape on the flash suppressor is a left-over from a recent con visit, where the venue insisted on imitation firearms being marked. The strap is part of a sling system for carrying the weapon. All in all, a nice-looking piece with the kit fitted, and looks just like the show versions. Great work!
Awesome! Your build turned out great!

Thanks for posting the photos. Always nice to see them finished up.
By xx1180
Hi new member with first post I was wondering if it is possible to get the items needed to turn my well d90 into the sg1 p90 I live in the uk and if it is possible how much is it going to cost thanks
By SG Merc
xx1180 wrote:Hi new member with first post I was wondering if it is possible to get the items needed to turn my well d90 into the sg1 p90 I live in the uk and if it is possible how much is it going to cost thanks
I just sent you an email with the details.

Shipping to the UK is possible.
By roberteliason
Hey!

I have a TM P90 TR since a long way back. It was the reason that I got started with SG costuming, so it's only right that it get's a proper makeover. Could you send me a price estimate with shipping to Sweden? :)
By SG Merc
roberteliason wrote:Hey!

I have a TM P90 TR since a long way back. It was the reason that I got started with SG costuming, so it's only right that it get's a proper makeover. Could you send me a price estimate with shipping to Sweden? :)
Hey Robert! You would be looking at $90 total. $65 for the upper receiver and $25 for shipping.
By roberteliason
SG Merc wrote:
roberteliason wrote:Hey!

Hey Robert! You would be looking at $90 total. $65 for the upper receiver and $25 for shipping.
Sounds fair :)
I'll PM you when I have the funds then? It shouldn't take too long 8)

The Vineland Public Library is looking for Stargat[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

Completely redesigned the palm crystal and frame. […]