Stargate Props and Costumes

Welcome to the Internet's largest community dedicated to the props and costumes of Stargate.

Discuss those things that make intergalactic battles deadly
By Some_Thing
Hey, just finished putting together my P90 and Custom Reciever from here :)

I was just wondering, can you actually buy Tokyo Mauri Ring sights (just the sight) anywhere? It would just add more authenticity to the P90 (not that theres anything wrong with the sight model now)
By SG Merc
You can buy them, but they can be difficult to find for sale.

I've never personally seen any online retailers stock the Ring Sights. Although, saying that, there aren't too many OEM P90 parts for sale in general at all.

They do occasionally come up for sale on airsoft message boards, and also on eBay.com. In the past I've seen used ones for $15-$25 on forums, and the last few on eBay sold for a little over $30 I believe.

The Ring Sights from the real FN P90 can also be used, but aren't any easier to find, and do cost more.
By Some_Thing
Ah cool. Thanks for that :)
By Cleve
OK, I got my replacement receiver but haven't started installing it yet. Looks really good, but one thing has been bugging me and I find the bug to be relevant. How does one simulate the Ring Site LENSES?
Ancient minds want to know!
Thanks,
Cleve
By walkingstranger
I always kicked around the idea of drilling through the lenses section and inserting a transparent acrylic rod.
By SG Merc
Drilling through the Ring Sight would be the way to go. A horizontal drilling setup might be necessary unless you can make a jig to hold the sight vertically.

Saying that, now you've got me thinking about putting a pipe or acrylic rod into the mold prior to casting.
By walkingstranger
You're welcome :)

I don't think it would be a hard project. I think the hardest part would be keeping it steady while you drilled.
By Cleve
Cleve again. I notice the front lens is round and the rear lens is square. Something to ponder. Maybe one could drill in the front a bit and paint the hole day-glow red, to simulate the illumination from within, and then install a round lens. Not sure what to do about the rear lens yet.
Maybe off subject a bit, but in Stargate Atlantis season three, particularly S3 E12, did I notice some 3 rail P90s? I think Mr. Woolsey was handed one by General O'Neil. All it had on it was a flashlight on the right rail.
So much detail, so little time...
By SG Merc
Cleve wrote:in Stargate Atlantis season three, particularly S3 E12, did I notice some 3 rail P90s? I think Mr. Woolsey was handed one by General O'Neil. All it had on it was a flashlight on the right rail.
Correct. There were a few episodes where the P90 TR (Triple Rail) version was used.

By Cleve
Hm. The one I think I saw didn't have the ring sight at all. Just a regular 3 rail. And it wasn't that long.

Wait! Here it is. Gen. O'Neill has it there. It's pretty dark.

By Cleve
Yay! That means my cheapo P90 AEG isn't completely useless as is. I'm still figuring out how to simulate Ring Sight lenses before committing to the convo receiver I got. (Which looks great, btw._)
By Cleve
I found some pieces that will work great for lenses. Get therm here:
http://www.sunandmooncraftkits.com

1/2 Inch Puffy Square Blank Earring Glass {FX} For the rear lens
12mm Clear Glass Dome Cabochons - {FX} For the front lens

They also have glaze to use for attaching them. It dries very clear.
You could drill all the way through, leaving a rim to mount the lenses, or drill partway and paint the inside, or maybe just paint the area where the lens goes and slap 'em on.
All I've done so far is to put them right on so they look something like this:

I hope this helps some folks out.
Cleve
By SG Merc
Cleve wrote:I found some pieces that will work great for lenses. Get therm here:
http://www.sunandmooncraftkits.com

1/2 Inch Puffy Square Blank Earring Glass {FX} For the rear lens
12mm Clear Glass Dome Cabochons - {FX} For the front lens

They also have glaze to use for attaching them. It dries very clear.
You could drill all the way through, leaving a rim to mount the lenses, or drill partway and paint the inside, or maybe just paint the area where the lens goes and slap 'em on.
All I've done so far is to put them right on so they look something like this:

I hope this helps some folks out.
Cleve
Those look great. Nice find.

The Vineland Public Library is looking for Stargat[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

Completely redesigned the palm crystal and frame. […]