Stargate Props and Costumes

Welcome to the Internet's largest community dedicated to the props and costumes of Stargate.

General discussion about the art of prop building. Includes molding, casting, painting, electronics etc..
By SG Merc
Airbrushing can be frustrating for first timers. One of the biggest mistakes that I see are people buying a low quality brush. While a $40 kit might seem like a good way to start, I encourage anyone who is serious about learning the airbrush to start with a quality brand. Some good starter brushes that cost less than $100 are the Paasche Talon TG-3F, the Badger Co 105 Patriot, or the Iwata Media Revolution CR.

Using any of these brushes will help you avoid feed problems, as they are often much more forgiving of thicker mediums that will choke up a low end brush. Proper paint mix is still important, but that will be lesson 2.

I personally use an Iwata Eclipse HP-CS, which is in Iwata’s mid range lineup. I use this for fine detail on most of the SG1Props replicas, such as the ancient communication stones (for which I developed a custom paint mixture to match the original).
C639F164-0533-4795-AE40-AE32CBDF565E.jpeg
C639F164-0533-4795-AE40-AE32CBDF565E.jpeg (255.45 KiB) Viewed 9999 times

The Vineland Public Library is looking for Stargat[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

Completely redesigned the palm crystal and frame. […]