The key is to know when to use hot glue and when to NOT use it.
Use hot glue:
- To temporarily hold things together
- To join cardboard, fomecore board, or paper
- Securing wire and PCB in an electronics project
- Glue things which don't won't be under stress
- Attaching positive keys in a mold base (unless in clay)
- If you need a strong bond (it's pretty weak)
- On objects that can melt, such as thin plastics
- Where aesthetics are important (messy stuff)
- Tight spaces. The glue takes up more space than stronger adhesives, plus the gun won't fit in small spaces.
How do you use hot glue?