Stargate Props and Costumes

Welcome to the Internet's largest community dedicated to the props and costumes of Stargate.

Discussions about replica and original Stargate props. Show off your collection, or what you are building.
By Mike272
WOW!! :D

Amazing job there!

BTW: could you share the technique used to get the paint effect on the glyph panels?
By strofmos
Mike272 wrote:BTW: could you share the technique used to get the paint effect on the glyph panels?
hi, sorry for the late answer
I've been rather busy with events lately

you've asked about the paint effect; one word: a sponge 8)
that's right, the thing you use to clean the dishes.

I've cut it in sort of circular shape en then just "dipped" the paint, in several layers, using several shades of colour.

the glyphs themselves are made by routing in the wood, using a handheld router and some templates I've made.
By SG Merc
I never complimented you on the fine reproduction you made - excellent job! That is truly a massive job to tackle, and a lot of fine work put into the details to make it accurate.

Great job :!:
By SG1Niner
very cool!
By strofmos
thanks guys

as soon the weather gets a bit warmer (no heating in the workshop :? ) and I can spare the time, I going to start on the crystal tray (the one Sam an Ba'al were working on in the episode) and lights behind the Ancient glyphs and the 2 blue crystals.

As a final part to the project I'll make a carrycase to transport the parts without damage, since our club is beginning to do events outside our own country (and transport can be rough sometimes)
By SG Merc
The crystal tray will be another cool project. I can't wait to see how you create the crystals themselves -- maybe get some photos while you're making them if you can :D
By strofmos
well, I'm currently bouncing back and forward between routing in plastic or routing in wood + casting in resin or combination of both.
I'll keep you updated

I'm studying this even more patiently the monolith itself, because one of the future project might be a Ancient control desk, so the crystal-question might pop up again

The Vineland Public Library is looking for Stargat[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

Completely redesigned the palm crystal and frame. […]