Stargate Props and Costumes

Welcome to the Internet's largest community dedicated to the props and costumes of Stargate.

Discussions about replica and original Stargate props. Show off your collection, or what you are building.
By sg1fan
Hello Prop Experts!

I purchased these sunglasses in auction, but I'm having trouble finding them used on screen anywhere. They are supposedly from the "personals box" of O'Neill. This version has brown leather sides and green lenses. All the on-screen versions seem to be black leather. At least none of them appear to be clearly brown.

Does anyone know if these were used on screen at all? I'm experiencing some buyers remorse here lol.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
By SG Merc
Hi sg1fan,

We here will try to identify if those appeared on screen. I seem to remember the green lenses being used early on ... perhaps season or or two.

From what I saw of the original sunglasses, they were provided to the Bridge Studios with black leather side shields, and as you suspect most commonly appeared on screen that way. Your glasses could be a backup pair, perhaps from a different manufacturer (likely made by Mountain Equipment Co-Op). Since there were only a limited number of original sunglasses purchased from Bugaboo, it is quite likely that the prop department sought out other commercially available backups.

When you receive them in a couple of weeks look for any identifying logos or markings on the frame, lenses, and arms. If you find anything I can tell you who the manufacturer is.

They are surely authentic in the sense of having come from the Stargate props department. But quite a few of the props that Propworx has been selling have been backup props.
By sg1fan
Thanks for the reply SG Merc.

One of the glasses they auctioned looked identical to these and the description read sunglasses manufactured by "Cebe". If you look carefully at the picture you can see there is writing or a logo on the outside of the left front arm. Just next to the leather strap that goes around the arm. It's clearly a logo of some kind. I contacted Cebe and they don't think it's a line they ever carried. However they did suggest that they might have made them for MEC. This sort of fits in the with all the other statements I've read.

I also contacted Ryders Eyewear and their response was that they were not Bugaboos.

So assuming the Ryders rep is correct and the Cebe folks know what they're talking about, all signs point to MEC. I've got an email out to them now and I'm waiting to hear back...

BTW - Here's an image from "The First Ones". You can pretty much see here that the frame details look identical.

The Vineland Public Library is looking for Stargat[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

Completely redesigned the palm crystal and frame. […]