Stargate Props and Costumes

Welcome to the Internet's largest community dedicated to the props and costumes of Stargate.

Discussions about replica and original Stargate props. Show off your collection, or what you are building.
By kwalsh000
Well here goes my 2nd attempt at a sculpt (my first attempt I gave up too quickly and bought the screen used one :P)
Once I held it in person part of me just said..hey..i want one of these (and want it to go with the screen used ori helm when it arrives:D) so after using photoshop and the only measurement I had (stupidly didnt take better pics when I was there) I got some rough measurements and got out some clay I had laying around and went to work. 2 blue prints later things still didnt look right so I cut out the foam and just went to work.

As you can see below, I came out with 2 different test ones to get the general shape and to test the carvings and how the clay holds up. I suspect I will go through many many versions before I am happy with the shape but I will keep things updated here.

Trying to replicate this :)

By SG Merc
Hey looks like you have got a great start!

How did you go about scribing the lines? I don't know if you have given this any thought, but with a flat surface like that I would recommend drawing the lines in Photoshop (pen tool), printing it, laying it out over your clay, and then tracing over the print. That will give you enough of an impression on your clay for you to then go over again without the paper.

Heck, you could technically draw the whole thing in Photoshop, and trace the entire outline onto clay. That would save you the trial and error of getting the outer shape correct.

If you need a top-down photo for this let me know ... I happen to have a couple nice studio photos of the prop :wink:
By kwalsh000
Well heres what I did last nite. DId the centre parts general shape and went over hte lines again and washed them in black ink just to I could get a proper idea. As a test piece I am happy enough.

Thanks SGmerc, would really appreciate the extra photos! :) I am still kicking myself for not taking extra ones other than the one above when I was there grrrr.:P

To be honest, the lines were just done freehand with a knife and looking at the screen. Myself and the gf both did our own blue prints, using the one measurement we had I went with photoshop and tried to get a rough idea of everything else and go from there. Cut it in foam then clay and took a whack at it. The extra pics would really be helpful tho :) Thanks again
By Brat'ac
hey I only have seen one episode (so far) with the ori wrist weapons. and it looks awesome to me!
By SG Merc
The engraving looks very nice.

Here are some additional photos. They are small, but detailed. It's interesting to note that there are some engravings on the bottom as well.

By kwalsh000
Thanks for the extra pics SG Merc, they will really come in useful. Unfortunatly the ones i posted above are now in pieces. The surface was uneven so I had to smooth it out and re detail it but both pieces just crumbled. Once I find my dremel I am going to do a wood template and sculpt over that with my new clay and hopefully it goes well. Until then I am working on my Unas sculpt.
By SG1Niner
Another amazing project! I can't believe the talent that's here!

The Vineland Public Library is looking for Stargat[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

Completely redesigned the palm crystal and frame. […]