Stargate Props and Costumes

Welcome to the Internet's largest community dedicated to the props and costumes of Stargate.

Discussions about replica and original Stargate props. Show off your collection, or what you are building.
For anyone who might be interested, I have uploaded some photos of a new "working" Atlantis Lifesigns Detector Prop Replica which I recently finished. The photos are located in my gallery under Atlantis NSW SEAL and are in the "Atlantis Prop Replicas" folder.

This is what I consider my "Ultimate Edition" of this prop and is a different version from my "Deluxe" edition model in that the deluxe edition was a "non-working" model and lacked some of the details which this "Ultimate Edition" model includes. It is made of a translucent material and has a removable Pocket PC inside, which displays several different tracker screen animations and plays tracker ping sound effects from the show over its external speaker. I will try to upload more photos of it, but I have run out of photo space in the galleries (hint, hint SG Merc!;))
Anyway, hope you enjoy it.
Chris
Atlantis NSW SEAL
O.k., I have now uploaded more photos of my Atlantis Lifesigns Detector "Ultimate Edition" Prop Replica to my Gallery. See location above. Thanks for opening up more space for photos SG Merc!
All I can say is "wow!" You've outdone yourself on your previously awesome Lifesigns Detector.

I really appreciate the pursuit of perfection when it comes to prop reproductions, so kudos to you for going beyond your original creation and making it even better. I don't see how you could get any closer to the real thing!
Thanks very much! I appreciate that! I always knew that I would need to do this project in stages, each "Edition" a bit more accurate and complex than the last. This is my final form for the prop, hence the "Ultimate Edition" moniker. Honestly, for me at least, the only way I can get any closer to the real one from the show is to get my hands on a real one and make a mold of it! One of the hardest parts about this prop is there really aren't any very good resource photos for it and no official blueprints or the like. Just screen captures! I mean, Star Wars/Star Trek props have been photographed ad nauseum and even had blueprints made of them, so they are relatively easy to replicate! So, because of the limited source material to go by, a few folks don't think my replicas are very accurate, but as I keep telling them, "please, make a better one than I have, because I'd like to see it! Seriously! I am sure there are folk out there who can." But so far all I have heard from critics of my work is talk, nothing solid. Anyway, it is very nice to hear kind words about ones work. Thanks again!
Chris
Atlantis NSW SEAL

SG Merc wrote:All I can say is "wow!" You've outdone yourself on your previously awesome Lifesigns Detector.

I really appreciate the pursuit of perfection when it comes to prop reproductions, so kudos to you for going beyond your original creation and making it even better. I don't see how you could get any closer to the real thing!
I know exactly what you mean, and have had to deal with that same problem with every past Stargate prop I've made. It becomes even more of a problem when the prop doesn't get much screen time.

But there is a positive side to having to do the research yourself: You are forced to pay more attention to the details, and become an expert on the prop.
Indeed! I feel like an expert on a few SG props at this point!
Chris
SG Merc wrote:I know exactly what you mean, and have had to deal with that same problem with every past Stargate prop I've made. It becomes even more of a problem when the prop doesn't get much screen time.

But there is a positive side to having to do the research yourself: You are forced to pay more attention to the details, and become an expert on the prop.

The Vineland Public Library is looking for Stargat[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

Completely redesigned the palm crystal and frame. […]