Stargate Props and Costumes

Welcome to the Internet's largest community dedicated to the props and costumes of Stargate.

Discussions about replica and original Stargate props. Show off your collection, or what you are building.
By brainshatterer
Finally gonna get off my butt and start working on my neon again, got 2 new rear panels from my buddy as mine were nasty and sun damaged, I added in some crystals above the seat belt (where it extends and retracts above the shoulder) and put some lights behind them, red or white, and I put in a small LCD tv that will play an atlantean screensaver (If I can get it into an MPG file) Not done yet on it either, once it is in the car, there is a hole in the sidewall of the car, I'm gonna open up a hole in the plastic to access the space behind, then on one side I'm going to make a slide out drawer with crystals. Let me know what you think. I'll get more pics of this when it's in the car.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2040894/2
By SG Merc
Good to see some progress on the the ol' gate neon!

I like what you've done with the seat belt panels. That's really sharp, and makes a big difference. Do they change colors from red to white?
What I've actually done is wire 3 leds in sequence on each side, so red is on the right, white is on the left. I can independently turn on either or both at once. I did not perfectly clean up the cuts, but it looks good enough to let go until I paint the panel or something later on. My friends misfortune with a T-bone on his neon has given me a rare opportunity to replace a bunch of the crud that I've been missing in the car for so long, so I'm excited. I just put in carpet, floor mats, and a center console tonight, and I got SRT-4 racing seats so my poor ugly neon is starting to finally come together. I'm going to be able to modify my hatchback plans on his shell neon, and do any extra frame work mods that I might dream up on his car before we chop it into bits and throw the remains away. Fun fun fun, oh yeah the rear bumper is now shiny purple amethyst to replace mine with a big hole in it. So Gateship 1 is the name I'm thinking of going with the neon, is currently 8 colors :) On the other board I frequent, one of the members is making a ZPM replica. I can't wait to get one and plop it into my trunk. Working on the crystals for a roll out drawer still, it will be joining the panel I just worked on under the TV screen. Need to find a nice set of fenders so I can at least get the front end painted up and the roofline done, car is amusing to me, but it's an eyesore. Gonna be purty when done, lambo lime green in the front, RX-8 metallic blue in the rear, black top from start of windows on up, and carbon fiber hood and trunk.
By SG Merc
I like the idea with the lights on either side. I had forgotten that you were adding laser challenge equipment -- the extra lights will be very cool with that!

Unfortunate about your friend's car, but I know from experience that it's very rewarding to salvage parts from doomed cars. When I drove a Beretta I had the opportunity refinish some missing/damaged parts from a fire training car. Saves a lot of money considering what things like molded carpet costs!

The car's looking good. Let us know when you update your Cardomain blog 8)
By brainshatterer
Well, a small update. I just won a few auctions on ebay, so I shall soon have in hand, several sets of the toys, and a few prop replicas. I nabbed up the 1:! replicator bug prop kit, a finished open zat and a finished TER gun. And plans are unway to secure a ZPM :) Now if I can get a vacuum form plastic machine I can make quick and easy hollow replicas of the guns and put my laser challenge guts into them. Then once the car is good to go, people can take authentic weapons to shoot at me with at car shows. :)
By SG Merc
I saw those auctions too. You got hold of some very nice stuff. I would be interested in hearing about the quality of the TER and Replicator, as I've been thinking of getting those kits.

Awesome idea to make the TER into a laser gun!
By brainshatterer
Got my stuff, loads of figures... Just need to figure out if I'm gonna keep em and open em, or resell em on ebay. Got no room to display em, so I'm juggling that in my head. Cause I do want them, but if no display, what's the point.
Anyways the models. I haven't much got into the replicator kit. It hasn't been touched yet, but looks ridiculously difficult. It is like 96 pieces or something. The TER and open zat are excellent. I like em painted as I don't have that much painting skills. TER is heavy!!! My p90 is pretty sweet, went to test fire last night, shot 3 bullets and the battery was dead, so it's charging, gonna give it a shot tomorrow. Zat seems like it was joined at the lowest curve, it wiggles just a bit, but seems solid, TER seems solid. Not quite sure how I'm gonna mod these to make a hollow recreation, but fun fun fun. Paid for my ZPM model and hope to see it in the next few weeks, and brought my laser challenge stuff home and plan to start incorporating it soon. Fun fun fun. I'd get pics of the replicator after I work on it, don't be in a hurry for that.
By SG Merc
You could make some pretty lightweight shells from fiberglass. I haven't worked with it myself, but you probably have (or will) with the body work on the Neon.

Looking forward to seeing your work as it progresses more 8)
Ok, so I've been busy and lazy, so I worked on the drivers door panel last night. I cut out a small series of segments to resemble the inside side panels of the jumpers. You should be able to recognize it. I plan to do the top a little later. I cut a piece of plexiglass to fit in behind it, check out my cardomain, page 2, I put in some new pics.

So I've been kicking around writing a storyline around the vehicle, a way to segment it into a way that would make sense. I think that installing loads of other aliens tech into the vehicle would be the ideal way to factor it in. I am planning to incorporate the following tech into the car in various forms and amounts. Earth, Tollan, Replicator, Goa'uld, Ancient, Wraith and possibly a little bit of others. I have the replicator bug model. I think I'm gonna duplicate the larger pieces and make multiple copies, then panel the rear trunk area around in replicator blocks. For story purpose, car will have 2 -3 passenger max contingent inside. Car will be Search and Rescue extraction unit. May or may not build, but plan to mention a wraith beaming unit under the car. Car will be functionally similar to the Puddle Jumper, rear bumpers will slide sideways to reveal drive pods, ZPM powered. Mainly it will be just me at the shows, I have 2 Atlantean personal shield props, one will be for my costume to go on me, other will clip onto the dashboard, shield will extend to a bubble outside of the car. Various weapon systems, Tollan phase tech, allows vehicle to pass through shields to extract ground units. Cloakable. Etc. Obviously only some of this will be physically able to do, the rest will need to be left up to the imagination. But any and all info, ideas, opinions are welcome towards the project.
By brainshatterer
GOT NEW TOYS!!!!
Well, I attended Comic con here in San Diego recently, as I am less than 30 minutes away :) My Col. Mitchell figure, when I opened him up, one of his hands fell off. I spoke to diamond select there at the con, mentioned that, and asked if I could get some extra ancient drone toys, as they ignored my email. Figure is a bust, I'm gonna have to steal a hand from another figure I guess, but he sent my 5 ancient drones. I plan to use them as minidrones, like seen in "Harmony". I've already dissected one of them and stuffed an LED in, pictures are up on my cardomain page. Also I got...A ZPM!!!! Woot. Still working on installing my lighting and then finding a way to mate the top and bottom, pics are up, let me know what you think.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2040894/2

By SG1Niner
Niiiiiiice!
As I am unable to find a Zat gun that raises and lowers itself, and lack the time and skill to make a hollow one. I am going to make a full story background to go with my car, my characters are going to be from an alternate reality, so some things will be a bit different. Make it easier to explain how I have a ZPM :) The Zat guns will be repainted Laser Challenge guns, different in form, and function. Check out my first repainted one. Click on one of the many Cardomain links, it is the newest stuff on the bottom of the list. Hatchback modification will be in process soon as well.

The Vineland Public Library is looking for Stargat[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

Completely redesigned the palm crystal and frame. […]