Stargate Props and Costumes

Welcome to the Internet's largest community dedicated to the props and costumes of Stargate.

Discuss sci-fi conventions and other events where costumers can be found. Post information on upcoming events, and also your experiences at past cons.
By Colonel_Carter
Hi everyone!

Finally back from my travels, so catching up on the site. I hadn't been in the UK more than a couple of days when I had the pleasure of attending LFCC 2009. My main two goals - to meet Jewel Staite and *finally* Michael Shanks. I met Jewel first and she was a little reserved but very polite. Next up was Michael. In front of me were two fans dressed completely in their offworld OD uniform, so when I stepped up to *meet and greet* I opened by saying how underdressed I felt, as I had only been able to pack my Stargate jacket. Though he was very impressed with it, asking me if it was a screen used one! Oh I wish!! But it was great to know that he thought it was so screen accurate - and pointed out to me the little touches that set it aside from the two people who had been stood in front of me (a couple of pockets and of course, the all important ripstop material). As he asked where I had got the jacket, we got onto the subject of costuming and sg1props.com came effortlessly into the conversation. So we have made it now - Officially known by Michael Shanks!

I paid out the extra money and got myself some nice professional photos done (I say nice ... don't look too closely at the Jewel one, I look like a rabbit caught in the headlights!! Gotta love those nerves :P )

Unfortunately there are no extra *in line* photos ... my hands were shaking too much from nerves!!
By SG Merc
Wow! Thank you so much for the good word about the site! That was really awesome of you, and I'm sure Michael Shanks just couldn't wait to see it :lol:

The pictures look really nice too, and I wouldn't say that you look nervous at all. You and Jewel look like you could be sisters! Except for the height :wink: :)
By Colonel_Carter
Hehe thank you SG Merc!

Jewel actually cheated on the height thing ... she was wearing wedge heels!! *jealous of those too!* She was more ameniable when posing for the photos - that's what I get for having an 'early bird' ticket ... I don't think she'd woken up when I met her :)

The Vineland Public Library is looking for Stargat[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

Completely redesigned the palm crystal and frame. […]