Stargate Props and Costumes

Welcome to the Internet's largest community dedicated to the props and costumes of Stargate.

Show off and discuss Stargate art, and also your non-SG photography, graphic design, and sculpture - whatever you make!
By Colonel_Carter
This has been a long running art project of mine. It's not prop building but definitely a creative art that I love to pursue. Here's the stages which it's gone through so far ...

Image Image

Image Image

and currently it looks like this:

I've been doing this on/off for over 18 months. As with prop building, there's just never enough time to dedicate to my art.

More updates when it's taken a new, significant shape :)
By SG Merc
Wow that's just amazing Carter. I've seen that photograph before, and am in awe at how distinctive the characters are becoming for needlework.

I'm impressed. Definitely keep us up to date as you create your art here :D
By Smiley
Awww, thats awesome! :) I wanted to get one of those cross stitches for my mum to do for me, but all the ones i've found weren't very good :( But that is looking fantastic, can't wait to see what it ends up like in the end :):)
By Colonel_Carter
Thanks for the compliments! I should update actually as I have managed to do a little bit more of it over the summer.

I was lucky enough to find the pattern on ebay - though I do have a program on my computer now that will turn any picture into a cross stitch pattern. So as soon (haha, yeah right!) as I manage to finish this one I can pick whatever picture I want next time.

I should start thinking about that now - with the way I make decisions :lol:
By Smiley
Coolies, i looked at the ones on eBay, but they didn't come with the threads and i think the colour coding between America or wherever they were from is slightly different to here so.... yeah, but i do have a program to make your own as well but i can't decide out of ALL the Stargate ones i have which i would use :P
By SG Merc
You should definitely get a new photo up of your latest progress Carter! I would love to see what you've been up to on it, and it feels like you're "this" close to making Smiley start one of her own! :lol:
By Smiley
Ha!! Not me make it, nup i'm too lazy for that... tis a job for my Mother me thinks!! :P That and i wouldn't have a clue how to cross stitch, i'll stick with pencil and paper or my photoshop Image

The Vineland Public Library is looking for Stargat[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

Completely redesigned the palm crystal and frame. […]