Stargate Props and Costumes

Welcome to the Internet's largest community dedicated to the props and costumes of Stargate.

Show off and discuss Stargate art, and also your non-SG photography, graphic design, and sculpture - whatever you make!
By SG Merc
If your art doesn't stop with prop replicas, then feel free to show off your talents here.

Use your imagination, and show off anything from a statue you've sculpted to a cake you've decorated.

Need a place to upload non-stargate-prop/costumes? Try: www.photobucket.com
By Smiley
Another good site to upload pics onto is: http://www.imageshack.us/ It's what i use, because unlike photobucket it doesn't shrink pics and you can upload bigger files... although i switched from photobucket a few years ago so things could have changed since then :P
By SG Merc
Great suggestion Smiley!

I've never used imageshack myself, but Photobucket has become very complex over the years (it's quite gallery focused now), so if imageshack offers a simpler process to upload photos then it's a winner in my book.
By Smiley
Photobucket just didn't do what i wanted it to and then i found imageshack and just stuck with it, i have a lot of pictures, graphics, lots of stuff uploaded on there... it works as a gallery too, but nothing too fantastic... i think this is mine: http://profile.imageshack.us/user/smileygidget/
By SG Merc
Gee it looks a lot better than Photobucket (i.e. there aren't half a million ads all over the page).

Anyone looking for storage definitely check out Image Shack too. Or better yet completely fill up both sites with Stargate photos :twisted:
By Mike272
I did this quick piece back for the Save Atlantis campaign. If anyone loves it, I can make a new one for you with new, custom text too, just PM me and I'll see what I can do.

Feel free to snurch, etc. Please mention me though.
Last edited by Mike272 on Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Mike272
I did this too, for the same purpose. Contact me if you would like one. I'm thinking about doing some nice ones for SG1Props too, soon.

BTW: These two pieces are a bit sub-par of my normal skill set; as I mentioned, these were quick pieces.

Have it if you want, citation though please.
By SG Merc
Wow, I like those a lot - especially the detail of the event horizon behind the text on the larger one.

You just made me realize that SG1Props doesn't have any Atlantis banners at all. What will people think of us!? :shock:
By Mike272
Thank you! :)

Yes, the puddle effect right behind the text took quite a while to get looking right, but, in the end I think it came out OK.

I'll start work on an Atlantis themed banner for us here. Any ideas, suggestions for design? Ir should I just go work my magic? :lol:
By SG Merc
Well sometimes the best we can ever hope to do is end up with something CLOSE to the original vision. But I think it's great.

I believe in fresh ideas and new perspectives, so just work your magic and do something cool! :D
By Mike272
OK, great!
By Colonel_Carter
Oh wow! They are brilliant!!

As someone who dabbles in making banners/avatars/desktops I tip my cap to you - awesome!

I tried to use that 'dubious' picture as a banner but just couldn't get it to fit to my standards.

*bows in honour of your skills*
By Colonel_Carter
SG Merc wrote:You just made me realize that SG1Props doesn't have any Atlantis banners at all. What will people think of us!? :shock:
You only had to ask ;)
By Mike272
Colonel_Carter wrote:Oh wow! They are brilliant!!

As someone who dabbles in making banners/avatars/desktops I tip my cap to you - awesome!

I tried to use that 'dubious' picture as a banner but just couldn't get it to fit to my standards.

*bows in honour of your skills*
Aw, you're too kind. But thanks! :)
By SG Merc
Hey Mike that's great stuff! Do you mind if I add it to the "About" page as a banner that people can use?
By Mike272
SG Merc wrote:Hey Mike that's great stuff! Do you mind if I add it to the "About" page as a banner that people can use?
No problem! :)
By SG Merc
Thanks Mike, I've got it on the about page now :D

The Vineland Public Library is looking for Stargat[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

Completely redesigned the palm crystal and frame. […]