Stargate Props and Costumes

Welcome to the Internet's largest community dedicated to the props and costumes of Stargate.

Show off and discuss Stargate art, and also your non-SG photography, graphic design, and sculpture - whatever you make!
By Smiley
My Art/Graphics I do is nothing as complicated as you guys already have shown up here, but here is most of what I have done, anything from avatars to drawings! :) I like to think of myself as creative :P

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Animated Avatars:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Wallpapers: (Click Thumbnails for larger versions)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Banners: (Click Thumbnails for larger versions)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Drawings: (Click Thumbnails for larger versions)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Other: (Click Thumbnails for larger versions)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Last edited by Smiley on Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
By Smiley
Oh and i forgot to post these:

Image Image Image Image Image

These were photo's taken at my b'day last year, one of my mates is a professional photographer and he did lots of photos for me and brought a long his green screen for us to have some fun with :P
By SG Merc
Oh wow, I think I'm going into Stargate overload :shock:

Very cool work you've done there, very fun and light hearted :D I especially like your drawings of Sheppard; I think you've captured his expressions quite well!

The composites look great too! Though, in #4, which one of you is the Goa'Uld? :wink:
By Smiley
Stargate overload? :shock: There's such a thing? :shock: :P

I've been told previously that apparently i use too many colours, i just can't help it, it's who i am, so i just do what i do! Thankies though and i'm normally an abstract artist, so those drawings i've done all took a lot of work and concentration... but i think Joe agreed with you :) I gave him the Joe with the blue border when i met him and he was speechless! :)

Heehee, the other person! Not me, never me, if anything, i would be Tok'ra :P That and considering the other costume my friend has, shown in #5, is Quetesh :P
By Colonel_Carter
Looking good Smiley!! I can see we are two birds flocking together here! I love creating stuff like that, and it is my long term ambition (yeah, cos I'm just too fussy to decide on a design!!) to get together a webspace to display my graphic art, and so others can share it too :)

Well you can see some of my handiwork in the avatar gallery :D
By Smiley
What's the Avatar Gallery, sorry? Couldn't find anything like that looking around here... it's either hiding or... i'm just blind! :P

And sounds like a good plan, i'd love a webspace of my own for my stuff, but things like that cost monies so i'm happy enough with the free uploading that imageshack gives me... suits me fiiiine! :P
By Colonel_Carter
The avatar gallery is exclusive to sg1props, it's under 'Profile' and you can pick a custom sg1props avatar to have with your posts.

Obviously, I can see that you make your own, so it's not a problem for you - but for others who don't, it's just an extra feature.

Ah, the money issue yes! I just like the thought that my artwork is 'out there' and maybe being appreciated (and used) by others.
By Smiley
Ah that would explain it, i didn't go into Profile to look for an Avatar gallery :P Heehee, but i did look in there when i joined some very nice avatars! :)

And yeah i know what you mean, it is nice to have them out there like that, i don't use mine all that often, in fact i haven't made any in ages, been making new banners but thats about it recently, oh and videos/slideshows too... my latest craze! :P
By SG Merc
Smiley wrote:I've been told previously that apparently i use too many colours, i just can't help it, it's who i am, so i just do what i do! Thankies though and i'm normally an abstract artist, so those drawings i've done all took a lot of work and concentration... but i think Joe agreed with you :) I gave him the Joe with the blue border when i met him and he was speechless! :)
Right on with presenting Joe with one of your drawings! That's a cool thing to do :D

Don't let anyone tell you to use less color either. After all, if it wasn't for colorful avatars/banners some certain-un-named-forums would be only different shades of grey ... notice I'm not naming names here? :wink: :P
By Colonel_Carter
GREY!!!??? ;)

SG Merc, this isn't grey, it's ...

M O N O C H R O M A T I C
By Smiley
Actually, i was soo nervous about it i made my friend who was is PA for the weekend give it to me, but he came back and told me all about Joe's reaction :P Heehee, but yeah i thought it was a good idea... :D

I have a bright personality, or at least i like to think so heehee... so that REALLY comes out in the work i do!! :P And they tell me not to, i ignore them... or take it on for about a minute :P
By Smiley
Here's my newest lot of graphics i've done!!! :D

Banners:
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Wallpapers:
Image Image Image Image
By SG Merc
I like the new work Smiley!
By Colonel_Carter
Loving it Smiley!!!

I'm amazed at your inspiration ... can you spare some? :P
By SG1Niner
Smiley! Cool art work!
By Smiley
Hey guys, thanks for the compliments!

CC: *couldn't be bothered typing Colone_Carter* :P Anda, i'd love to spare some, but it apears that my inspiration only came back for that little while and has run off with the fairies again! :P

Oh oh oh, but i have been working on something the last few days, a nice and easy way to show off all my graphics and other Stargate related stuff!

Feel free to check it out, would be great to get more opinions on it, it's still fairly new at the moment! :D
By Colonel_Carter
Cool website Smiley! I was thinking of something along similar lines ... you beat me to the line on that one!!

My inspiration made a brief visit over the weekend, now its gone again!! Next time it appears I will have complete work on my website design first - and not its content!!! :D
By Smiley
It was all pretty easy for me, i just got one of them free websites things and picked the best looking template for what i wanted and then started... all of mine is basically done using HTML, well all the graphics and stuff are, the actually picture uploader that the site has wasn't very good so i stuck with my ImageShack ones. Works good enough to me!

My inspiration came for like an hour one day and took off again, i didn't get very far, made just one avatar :P But oh well, these tings take time and well i think i work better when i am not thinking about a million different things and an way to hyper and over exciteable, wich has been me ALLL week! :P

I've made some changes to the site over the last few days though :D
By brym
Very cool SG artwork, Smiley! I have a bit further to go before I catch up with you. So far, I've made 2 walls and 2 sigs. And what a great idea too. Instead of endlessly searching for cast members to render, be the render yourself! 8)
By Colonel_Carter
Looking forward to seeing your work too!

I really must get my website up and running ... my laptop is clogged with wallpaper desktops, banners and icons, and nowhere to show them!!
By Smiley
Been working on my graphics site quite a bit lately, i have added some pages, edited fonts and added more graphics to it, i actually started a little project, making banners from every single episode of Stargate, SG-1 and Atlantis, so far i am only up to Season Four SG-1, but i've had some program issues and had to take a break for a while, but now i have a better program that works and has some great different effects, it's been fun to play with! Anyway, here's a direct link to the Banners page which has links to each Season! :) http://smileysstargategraphics.synthasi ... anners.php

Been mucking around with some Non-Stargate related graphics as well, not many but i'm getting there ;) Have a good look around and enjoy! :)
By SG Merc
Wow, that's a lot of banners!

Awesome creativity going on there Smiley! You're doing a nice job keeping them fresh and interesting ... let us know as you publish more 8)
By Smiley
Thankies and yeah, it's a growing site all the time! :) Currently i have been working on updating and adding a section titled 'Non-Stargate Graphics' which involves graphics from shows like Red Dwarf, The Pretender, Dr. Horrible's Sing-along Blog, etc etc... Once it's got a decent about of graphics there, i'll continue back with the episodic banners! :)

The Vineland Public Library is looking for Stargat[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

Completely redesigned the palm crystal and frame. […]