Stargate Props and Costumes

Welcome to the Internet's largest community dedicated to the props and costumes of Stargate.

The latest news from SG1Props.com including site updates. You may respond to topics within this forum, however you cannot create new topics.
By power543
Im very intrested and very impressed, the one thing that botheres the guy with the money (my dad) is how strong is it, as Resin is not the strongest thing in the world, well yer how strong is it and will it just slide into a Tokyo Marui bit where the old reciever slid into ow and does your cocking full back slide does it come with a spring from you

thanks
By SG Merc
The resin that I use cures to a shore hardness of 70D (measured on a scale of 0 - 100), so as far as resins go it's tough and durable. The nature of the P90 receiver does leave some potentially weak spots where the walls of the receiver are thin (such as the Ring Sight housing). But at the end of the day my finished pieces aren't that much more fragile than any Tokyo Marui plastic part.

The receiver will slide right into a Tokyo Marui, yes. There are a couple of spots which need to be drilled out (on the receiver, not the TM body) for the TM barrel assembly -- probably about 20 minutes of work.

For the cocking rails to slide back and forth you will need to have either the Tokyo Marui barrel installed, or any other rod inside of the receiver. How the TM (and my kit) works is that there's a spring wrapped around the barrel, and the cocking rails push on this spring when you pull them back.

I don't have any springs at the moment, but I hope to find a 'local' source for them (just have to take my TM spring to the hardware store). The cool thing is that it's a very simple compression spring, so it's not a specialized part at all -- should be easy to come by anywhere in the world :D

The Vineland Public Library is looking for Stargat[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

Completely redesigned the palm crystal and frame. […]