Stargate Props and Costumes

Welcome to the Internet's largest community dedicated to the props and costumes of Stargate.

The latest news from SG1Props.com including site updates. You may respond to topics within this forum, however you cannot create new topics.
By SG Merc
People seem to like the SG1Props P90 kits, so I am now in the process of creating new molds.

It was unfortunate that the old molds wore out, but I'm expecting to get even cleaner castings out of the new molds when I make them. Also, since I'll be using a 4 (or possibly 5) piece mold, the unfinished kits should end up being easier than ever to finish off.

Stay tuned for updates on the work, and for when they are ready :)
By SG Merc
Ok, long time no post. The project got delayed because of other things, but it's still a "GO". Here's the latest update.

I've just received the new mold rubber (working with a different material than I normally do), and some new equipment needed to work with the new material. Hopefully all of this will result in a better mold ... better castings ... more castings etc..

I'm really hopeful that I will be able to remold the P90 this weekend (26th/27th).

Also, please note:

In the past there has been a lot of work needed to finish the "expert kits", but with this new mold I'm expecting very minimal trimming/sanding. I will post photos of the kits after the mold is made that will show the exact amount of work needed, but in the meantime just know that I'm doing everything I can to make these as easy to complete as possible.

Stay tuned to this thread for more info as I get this project completed.
By SG Merc
colonel well wrote::D

thank for your email a receved this day :wink:

and what about the red dot ? can order an airsoft gun web site ? or you inclued it in the mold , for the complete kit ?
The red dot is included! :D

Shown as #2

By thinkbui
Keep in mind that the sight is non-functional and basically for overall gun appearance, though SG Merc has said that you could drill a couple of holes, etc.
By power543
if the new mould works and you can make new kits to order, how long would it take to make ( as your probberly have a back log) and send off to england also how much for an un made kit plus P&P
By SG Merc
Latest update:

I decided to create a 5 piece mold for the P90, so it's not done yet. Since each piece of the mold needs to sit overnight it's taken a couple of days. The good news though is that I've already made three parts, and so I will be making the final piece of the mold tomorrow (Thursday), and demolding the original P90 receiver on Friday.

If the mold is good (which it better be at over $100 in rubber and 20 hours!) then I will be able to start making castings this weekend, and shipping unfinished kits next week. Finished kits will be ready a week or two after that.
By Colonel_Carter
Your a one man repro-ammunitions factory SG Merc!!

Well done with all the hard work you've put in to make other people's dreams a reality :)
Last edited by Colonel_Carter on Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
By colonel well
SG Merc wrote:Latest update:

I decided to create a 5 piece mold for the P90, so it's not done yet. Since each piece of the mold needs to sit overnight it's taken a couple of days. The good news though is that I've already made three parts, and so I will be making the final piece of the mold tomorrow (Thursday), and demolding the original P90 receiver on Friday.

If the mold is good (which it better be at over $100 in rubber and 20 hours!) then I will be able to start making castings this weekend, and shipping unfinished kits next week. Finished kits will be ready a week or two after that.
cool :wink: can I order your complete kit for the 15th of august ?
By SG Merc
Thanks Colonel Carter, I do what I can :oops:

I have just finished the mold today, and have it post curing under a heat lamp.

I will make the first casting from it later tonight!

colonel well, they should be ready by August 15th. I will know for sure after tonight though :D
By colonel well
SG Merc wrote:Thanks Colonel Carter, I do what I can :oops:

I have just finished the mold today, and have it post curing under a heat lamp.

I will make the first casting from it later tonight!

colonel well, they should be ready by August 15th. I will know for sure after tonight though :D
ready for order and payd :wink: :D
By SG Merc
I made my first test casting from the new P90 mold yesterday. The casting looked alright, but I was having problems getting the resin to cure, so have had to post cure the mold a little longer.

I will pull another casting later today. It should be ready.

Stay tuned.
By colonel well
SG Merc wrote:I made my first test casting from the new P90 mold yesterday. The casting looked alright, but I was having problems getting the resin to cure, so have had to post cure the mold a little longer.

I will pull another casting later today. It should be ready.

Stay tuned.
waiting ...Image
By Colonel_Carter
He's busy making them as we speak :)
By SG Merc
Sorry for not updating this sooner.

The new mold is working VERY good, and the new receivers look great.

I dont like the way the scopes are looking though, so I am going to make a new mold for the red dot scope. I have ordered the new silicone for the mold, and will have it in a couple of days.

Sorry for the delay; but, as I like to say: satisfaction is guarenteed, but perfection takes that little bit longer :wink:

I will post photos soon, and send out more info when they are ready to go.

Thanks for the patience.
By SG Merc
Good news!

I am receiving the new silicone rubber today, and will have the mold for the scope finished in a couple of days.

Stay tuned to this thread for photos and an official announcement of the new kit soon!

Also, everybody who has emailed me about this will receive an email in the next couple of days with order info.

Almost done!
By SG Merc
Here are some teaser photos of the new kits. I will get pictures of the "unfinished kits" in a couple of days, and also send out the order info that I promised.

Thanks everyone for being patient :wink:

By Colonel_Carter
You couldn't tell them apart from the 'real thing' if you tried! :D
By SG Merc
Alright, the new mold for the scope is performing very well. I will try and get photos tomorrow (Thursday) of the unfinished kits, and then send out order information along with expected shipping dates for the unfinished and finished kits.

Thanks everybody for hanging in there! :)
By SG Merc
The long awaited P90 upper receiver replacement kits are once again available!

I will start shipping them out THIS WEEK.

Version 3 of the kit features several improvements over the previous kit, including easier attachment to Tokyo Marui airsoft ("TM") airsoft guns, and a more "builder friendly" unfinished version.

Features include

- 18 metal and resin/plastic parts (including all necessary screws)
- Full "FN P90" trademarks on upper receiver
- Two side rails for attaching accessories, you can mount one or both of them
- Movable, full metal charging rails to simulate loading ammo
- All resin parts are cast in black or dark gray resin
- Compatible with all P90 airsoft gun models (inexpensive LPEGs and Tokyo Marui)
- Compatible with all P90 airsoft gun magazines
- Step by step installation instructions available at SG1Props.com

New features in version 3 of this kit are:

- Removable flash hider (screws onto/off of receiver)
- Hollow receiver for easy installation on Tokyo Marui model airsoft, or for keeping your LPEG as a functional airsoft.
- Very little cleanup needed on un-finished kit (full finishing tutorial coming soon to SG1Props.com)

Also includes a resin "trademark plate" which you can glue onto the body of the LPEG P90 for added realism!

This kit is available in both "finished" and "unfinished" versions. Both kits will have all drilling already done, and all screw holes will be tapped/threaded.

Unfinished kits require some trimming of thin plastic, filling of small air holes ("Bondo" Automotive putty or similar), and light sanding followed by painting.

Finished kits come with all of the work already done, and painted with several coats of black primer. You can topcoat them with black spray paint, or use as is.

Prices are:

Un-finished kit: $45 USD (plus shipping)
Finished kit: $65 USD (plus shipping)

Also available are:

- LPEG P90 airsoft guns $35 (plus shipping)
- LPEG P90 with old receiver already cut off $50 (plus shipping)
- Tokyo Marui P90 magazines with fake bullets inside $28 (plus shipping)

I can break up shipments into multiple boxes for international customers at their request. This will incur additional shipping costs though.

Shipping costs based on where you are, and how much stuff you're ordering.

You can pay with PayPal or through the mail.

Please email or PM me with what you want to buy, and I'll give you a total with shipping. If I already gave you a total then you can PayPal me at: sgcmerc AT gmail DOT com

Read more, and see more pictures here

Here are some pictures of the "unfinished kit" (click for full size)

By Colonel_Carter
Just one word ... Wow!

I think we can all appreciate the dedication of SG Merc in bringing us such an authentic replica. It's clear to see that not only a great deal of time, but love has gone into the whole process.
By SG Merc
Thank you Carter :)

Who said I had an obsession :P

The Vineland Public Library is looking for Stargat[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

Completely redesigned the palm crystal and frame. […]