Stargate Props and Costumes

Welcome to the Internet's largest community dedicated to the props and costumes of Stargate.

The latest news from SG1Props.com including site updates. You may respond to topics within this forum, however you cannot create new topics.
By SG Merc
I have finished upgrading the forums to PHPBB3, and restyled it to fit the SG1Props.com look.

Also with this update came an upgrade of our mailing list software, and a recoding of the homepage "Latest Forum Posts" feature.

All told these upgrades have taken over 20 hours, and are part of my commitment to maintaining and furthering SG1Props. So enjoy the forums, and keep thinking about those props and costumes.
By Astra
Aaah! *Takes a look around* Nice new looks! To be on the other side of the pond has its perks, so I am the first one that can play in here :lol: I was able to log back in without any problems.

Many thanks for all the effort. Although I only recently became a member I already missed this place badly during the past days.

I have a question: I stumbled about the term "mailing list". We do have a mailing list? I didn't know that. What is the name of it? Where can I subscribe? I searched for a yahoo group with the name sg1props, but had no luck. I just don't want to miss any fun you might have in there.

Or do I misinterpret something completely wrong and you mean just the newsletter?
By Colonel_Carter
There's a link (I believe on the home page) where you can enter your address for automatic updates, as you said - like a newsletter.

Wow! Nice rebuild SG Merc! You see, a little paint and the gateroom looks better than new after that alien incursion!! ;)

Loving the new look, and it's good to have our favourite forum back!!

We really appreciate all the work you put in on this :)
By SG Merc
Astra,

Yes, I meant the newsletter. If you received an email from me about the site being back online then you are already on the mailing list.

In fact, all members of the forums are automatically subscribed to the newsletter/mailing list. If a member didn't get the email this weekend then they should check their spam folder, or send me their most up to date address :)

lol thanks Carter, the Foothold situation is now over!
By SG1Niner
Hey!!! Thanks SGMerc! I can see the latest forum updates again! And BTW very nice upgrade to the site!
By Mike272
Very nice rebuild! :)

Fantastic update! Though, may I make a recommendation? It would be nice to have "Post Reply" button at the end of the thread, now, I don't know enough about the workings of these forums, or how hard (or even possible) it would be to add, however it would be nice. So would a 'Quick Reply' box...

Oh well, food for thought.
By SG1Niner
Mike took one-too-many zats to the head! "Shake it off Sparky!" LOL

Mike...beneath your picture there is a "Post Reply" button...do you not see it?
By SG1Niner
I tried to do a screen shot so you could see...but no luck from my end...

SGMerc, can you add in a clipped image of a screen shot so the avatar and the post-reply are in the same shot?
By Colonel_Carter
Here we go, to avoid any confusion.

The "Post Reply" button is now located to the left of the screen, underneath the avatar ... thusly,

Happy posting!!!
By SG1Niner
Colonel Carter!

Thanks!

Well, this is where I go to take off the clothes I prefer and don the clothes I abhor.
By Colonel_Carter
Hehe, I've got to earn my keep around here somehow :P

I'm hoping you mean you're off to work now SG1Niner!!! :shock: ;)
By SG Merc
Mike272 wrote:Very nice rebuild! :)

Fantastic update! Though, may I make a recommendation? It would be nice to have "Post Reply" button at the end of the thread, now, I don't know enough about the workings of these forums, or how hard (or even possible) it would be to add, however it would be nice. So would a 'Quick Reply' box...

Oh well, food for thought.
I will add a quick reply feature in my next update - hopefully within the next two weeks.

Are you getting the regular post reply button that is in Colonel_Carter's picture? It should be available in all non-locked threads.

I appreciate the comments and suggestions folks! They all help :idea:
By Mike272
Oh god, I do feel quite stupid posting that... SG1Niner is right, one too many... ;) No, but on a more serious note, I've been extremely ill the last two weeks or so, (Influenza Type A, Conjunctivitis in both eyes, ear infections in both ears, and thanks to one of the ear infections, a bleeding ear drum that could rupture with a simple blow of the nose, and recently, I received food poisoning from a French dish a fellow classmate made in French class.) and sleep-deprived too, thanks to staying up until the 14th hour, chatting with a fellow SG fan/friend from NJ. But that's enough; it's just my excuse... :)

...Anyways, I swear, when I posted that message, the reply button resided only at the top of the thread. Must be the pink eye...And the Zat's...

Hmm, I'm starting a bad habit of using [....] everywhere... I must stop... Ah, here it is again... *Shoots self with Zat*

EDIT: Arg, no BBC
By Colonel_Carter
Yes Mike ... it's my "thing" to do multiple "..."s ... I'm legendary at it.

That and overuse of the exclamation mark!!!!! :D ;)

Definitely hope you're feeling better there though - if ever anyone needed a Goa'uld healing device, I think you just listed it!
By SG1Niner
Get to the infirmary for some [overdue??] bed rest! Get to feeling better soon!

The Vineland Public Library is looking for Stargat[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

Completely redesigned the palm crystal and frame. […]